PDA

View Full Version : Current revision of M4A1 FSP RIS II?

RAM Engineer
09-25-10, 08:08
I just bought a "new" DD M4A1 FSP RIS II from Midway USA. When it arrived I noticed it had been manufactured THREE years ago. The info engraved on the rail is as follows: PN DD8030, Lot# 10591, 1 Oct 2007.

The lower rail is engraved: Lot# 10591, 27 Sep 2007

The manual is labeled: Rev A, 7 July 2007

Have there been any improvements or changes made to the rail since this one was made? If so, are they important or substantial enough that I should return this one to Midway and get a current up-to-date version straight from Daniel Defense?

Marler5811
09-28-10, 19:57
Nothing has changed on these rail systems. They are still machined out of the same material and to the same specs. The 6061-T6 aluminum is Type III Hard Coat Anodized and all steel components (Barrel Nut, Screws, M203 Hangers) are heavy phosphate coated.

While the rail system you purchased is a few years old, there is nothing wrong with it. Hell, the one I own is just as old if not older. You definitely got a solid piece of kit. Mount it up and run it hard.

S/F
Joe

Stickman
09-28-10, 22:07
RAM,

Another way to look at it is that its as new now as the day it was manufactured. With no changes in the Military rail RIS IIs, the date doesn't have much to do with it. I think all of my RIS II rails are from 07 except one which is from 08.

RAM Engineer
10-05-10, 16:24
Thanks for the info guys. I will proceed with my build with full confidence.