PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy

dvdlpzus
09-25-10, 15:30
What are some exercises you guys practice to become more accurate? Anything from dry firing exercises, range exercises and beyond.

Thank you team.

G34Shooter
09-25-10, 15:58
What are some exercises you guys practice to become more accurate? Anything from dry firing exercises, range exercises and beyond.

Thank you team.

http://pistol-training.com/drills

JHC
09-25-10, 16:40
More 25 yd shooting than most of our shooting pals round here. And dot drills. And dry firing.

willowofwisp
09-25-10, 17:25
I shoot both indoor and outdoor PPC with distances from 7 to 50 yards...my accuracy grew quite a bit after my first year and every year after for the last 4.

NavyDavy55
09-26-10, 08:10
First step for me was to take a class with good instructors.

Using snap caps randomly placed in my magazines helped me see my good and bad trigger presses.

Dry firing at home with a coin on the front site helped build muscle memory.

Chris Rhines
09-26-10, 08:28
I always start every training session with a 3x5 drill. I've even started doing it with the carbine, starting with 5 rounds at 10 yards and moving back to 50-100.

Lots of timed group shooting at 50 yards. Don't neglect the drawstroke at these distances, either. 6 rounds from the holster, at a 50 yard USPSA target, with a 10 second par time is a fun and useful drill. Shoot for all As, then try it SHO and WHO.

Dryfire is critical.

Shooting a handgun at long range is not easy. You will miss, a lot. Don't let yourself get frustrated, keep paying attention to your sights and trigger, and learn something from every round you fire.

-C