PDA

View Full Version : moe hg top rail?

lethal dose
09-26-10, 00:23
Can a piece of rail be mounted on top of the moe hg and, if so, would it align with the upper reciever rail? I've been searching but can't find anything. I doubt it'd work, but figured I'd check and see.

LMTRocks
09-26-10, 01:37
Judging from the look of a MOE on a flattop I'd suggest that if you want alignement get a DD Omega. I know---$200 more than spending $40 on a MOE HG and polymer rail, but it looks like the toprail would actually be higher than the receiver's toprail.

fdxpilot
09-26-10, 03:25
Can a piece of rail be mounted on top of the moe hg and, if so, would it align with the upper reciever rail? I've been searching but can't find anything. I doubt it'd work, but figured I'd check and see.

Based on looking at mine, you could do it, but the rails wouldn't line up.

http://home.comcast.net/~mfrey2/pwpimages/My%20AR%204.JPG

lethal dose
09-26-10, 07:49
Thanks for the input, guys. LMT- this is a new build I'm doing and have considered the dd in the past... however, I went with the troy extreme. For this build, I'm going with a simpler mid length set up. My goal is to utilize the fsb. I wish the Vltor cas-v mid length extended around the fsb like their car version does- I like to get my hand way out there. I'm aware of dd's rails that allow you to do this but I don't want all the extra real estate. I'll probably wait for the moe Middy and just play around with it. Thanks again, guys!