PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon TA31 versus Trijicon TA31RCO-M4CP

55spartan
09-26-10, 00:41
Guys, any advice is welcome from people that can help with this. I own a 6920 and want to equip it with a Trij acog. My choices are between the ta31 carry handle mount and the TA31 RCO- M4CP flat top mount. What would you do? Go with the handle mount ta31 since it was calibrated for that or remove the handle and mount the rco since it was calibrated for flat top. Does it really make that much of a diff. where the scope is mounted in anyone's experience?? I have heard you can mount pretty much any Trij acog to the handle and still be OK with the ballistics. My problem is I would like to keep the handle on so I have the choice to use my irons if I want to but I wish the reticle was the red chevron, I really don't like the donut or triangle. I just love the reticle of the RCO but wonder if I would mess myself up mounting in on the carry handle with the TA30 screw.

Would appreciate again your ideas and what you would do. Thanks in advance.

HawaiianM4
09-26-10, 02:49
I have the TA31RCO-M4CP and am very happy with it. I have it on a GG&G mount. I took off the original two screw mount. I did think about get a carry handle and mounting on it but decided not to. I do have a folding BUIS rear sight GG&G. I had tried a surefire but like the GG&G because it has a lock that will lock it open. The BUIS needs to be down when the TA31RCO-M4CP is attached at least for me because I like the TA31RCO-M4CP back as far as possible. good luck with your build.

Nobody_Special
09-27-10, 12:45
I have a TA31H-G that is calibrated for 14.5" flat top with 62gr ammo

TehLlama
09-27-10, 16:01
In a 16" rifle, go flattop mounted, though a simpler TA31F would be preferable. Nothing wrong with the RCO (I too have an RCO-M4 on 14.5" for 62gr Mk318), but the TA31 is cheaper, and the added RCO parts are unnecessary (just buy an ARD for a TA31F)

Chin-weld ACOG is not ideal - you want it on the flattop.

Realistically, the reticle differences aren't going to be relevant unless you're firing match quality stuff, and going with a carry handle mount is going to do more harm than a marginally better matched reticle (at 500m the difference is trivial - and that's assuming you're firing it off a benchrest)