PDA

View Full Version : Vector V93/53

fred
07-13-07, 15:37
Has anyone had much experience with these products? Considering a purchase, possibly V53 SBR. Also interested in the 93 knockoff. I know Small Arms Review like the 53, but have seen nothing else in print. Have fired one or two rounds through various MP5s, and I like them, for what they are.

Any thoughts appreciated!

TOrrock
07-13-07, 15:50
I've handled a few of the Vectors.

They aren't HK's, but they are nice rifles. Be aware that some of the mounts for HK's might not fit the US receiver these are built on very well.

I know several very happy owners, one had to send the rifle back for some issues, but when it came back it was 100%. That's important to me, that a company will make it right when they have a problem, and Vector has a good rep with that.

Overall I'd say a quality build.

fred
07-13-07, 16:16
10-4, thanks Templar. I assume you refer to scope mounts. If so, no problem, all I am interested in for this one is a light and a tritium front sight. I was leaning towards another 6920 due to mag prices, but deploy the M4A1 at work and it does not 'excite' like the foreign stuff...

TOrrock
07-13-07, 16:26
10-4, thanks Templar. I assume you refer to scope mounts. If so, no problem, all I am interested in for this one is a light and a tritium front sight. I was leaning towards another 6920 due to mag prices, but deploy the M4A1 at work and it does not 'excite' like the foreign stuff...

Understood. If you'll be happy with irons, then go for it.

Most of the available magazines will be 40 rounders, made up for the Malaysian contract most of the parts that went into the V93 was built for.

There are 20, 25, and 30 rd. mags out there, but they're not cheap.

There's a member here, Aurang, who has one, and he's been very happy with it.

He replaced the forend with a slimline one like the H&R contract rifles that got some use in Vietnam with the SEALS.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/aurang/vectorv931.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/aurang/vectorv932.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/aurang/vectorv934.jpg

fred
07-13-07, 16:39
"Sigh..."

That looks nice. I spoke to one former SEAL who was in Vietnam who thought these rifles were the heat. He did not say if he used one in action though. Most of the authors I know of with an opinion do not care for the HK in 5.56 as it is heavy, and has nooks and crannies in it. I am learning to 'trust but verify' when it comes to the gun press, with an emphasis on 'verify.'

Thanks again!

TOrrock
07-13-07, 16:43
"Sigh..."

That looks nice. I spoke to one former SEAL who was in Vietnam who thought these rifles were the heat. He did not say if he used one in action though. Most of the authors I know of with an opinion do not care for the HK in 5.56 as it is heavy, and has nooks and crannies in it. I am learning to 'trust but verify' when it comes to the gun press, with an emphasis on 'verify.'

Thanks again!

Oh, don't worry, they are filthy rifles......far dirtier than a direct impingement system, and they aren't the easiest to clean. They work when filthy though.

Ergonomically, they aren't as good as a M4, but for a fun rifle, they are hard to beat.

I think that as long as you go into it as being something to add to the collection, and have fun with, you'll be fine. I don't think it's a replacement for the M4A1.

They have a place in history, and I'd like to have one. I almost bought one a month ago, but had too many irons in the fire.

armakraut
07-14-07, 02:03
The HK "vorgrimmler" rifles are whores. Dirty as heck, but hey... they work. There is a price to be paid when the fun ends. I still like mine though.

I don't really notice any more differences in the Vector HK's than the majority of what we'd consider "nice" new production AK's (Vector for instance) have with the real mccoy. They aren't 100% the same, but they more or less function/look identical and have most of the original components. It's not an HK, but HK hasn't sold one to any of us in 18 years.

The two serious complaints about the HR223 (HK33) in Vietnam was the lack of HR223's and the lack of HR223 mags.

HK's are pretty much like B-26 bombers.

"They suck"

"Everyone complains about them"

"They're difficult to work with"

"A blight on humanity if ever there was one"

"By the way, we need more, send all you have!"

fred
07-20-07, 14:50
Excellent! Thanks for the tips guys.