PDA

View Full Version : Lefties: what's your favorite charging handle?

Gingerkid
09-26-10, 20:05
What do you like/suggest? I'm not necessarily looking for an ambi charging handle, just one that is a little more beefy with a thicker lever on it.

It looks like the BCM gun fighter handle is popular; do you lefties like it?

Army Chief
09-26-10, 20:37
Good question.

I've thought about experimenting with some of the ambi units out there, but have no real trouble with the PRI Gasbuster, so that tends to be what I favor by default. I'm sure a BCM would work in much the same fashion, but I've yet to get my hands on one.

AC

Looey
09-26-10, 20:42
+1 for the Gas buster, I like it a lot better than the BCM one.

MrCleanOK
09-26-10, 20:51
BCM gunfighters are on both of my rifles, large latches. I have no complaints.

DaBears_85
09-26-10, 22:49
I run the Badger Ordnance ambi-charging handle for no other reason than it's the first one I tried. I like it enough that I've stuck with it.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad97/DaBears8586/b83b9b54.jpg

MM did a small write-up on it:

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.access.html

cop1211
09-27-10, 00:58
I've got 3 gas busters and 3 gunfighters mod 4-medium. Really wish they would come in a lefty version. With all the accessories out today you would think there would be more lefty or ambi charging handles out there.

DaBears_85
09-27-10, 03:58
I know you said you weren't necessarily looking for an ambi CH, but another one that might pique your interest is the Dynamic Armament ACLM. It has a camming mechanism in it that allows you to charge the weapon from either side even though the the actual lever for the retaining latch is on the left-hand side, as with a standard USGI CH.

Gingerkid
09-27-10, 07:03
I've got 3 gas busters and 3 gunfighters mod 4-medium. Really wish they would come in a lefty version. With all the accessories out today you would think there would be more lefty or ambi charging handles out there.

So do you prefer one over the other?

Freelance
09-27-10, 07:36
I am a Southpaw and use the BCM, it is top notch, I have LEO freinds who also swear by the gas buster, if you plan on running suppressed/auto at all I would consider the gas buster, otherwise the bcm gunfighters are great. IMHO

militarymoron
09-27-10, 08:19
ACLM for me (lefty).

tiger seven
09-27-10, 09:52
LMT "Tactical" charging handle or BCM Gunfighter Medium. I have small hands and they both work well for me. Never tried an ambidextrous CH as it's never really seemed necessary to me.

Derek

Gingerkid
09-27-10, 09:55
Thanks everyone... I went ahead and ordered a couple of the BCM medium size gunfighters.