PDA

View Full Version : M&P Wear Points/Areas

CQC.45
09-27-10, 09:38
I posted this as a response to another thread in the TB section of the forum, but it probably belongs in here. Long story short, a year ago I (foolishly) bought some .45 ACP Double tap ammunition to try out but never used it (since then I have switched to HST +P). DT pushes a 230gr. Gold dot out of the muzzle at 1010fps (so they claim). The other day I decided to try some for the hell of it out of my M&P45. I only put one mag through it (10rds), but it felt almost like shooting a .357 magnum :eek:. I dont think it caused any problems, but I would like to be able to identify any issues (excessive wear, breakage, etc.) that may have been caused by this ammo.

Could anyone identify any parts specifically that should be examined? Thank you.

John_Wayne777
09-27-10, 12:40
Look for peening or cracking on the barrel or on the slide. Look at the rails of the slide to ensure there's no cracking or deformation. Some silver showing through on the barrel and the slide rails in the frame is normal.

How much of the Double Tap ammo did you shoot? If you fired thousands of rounds of it then it might show some extra wear on the pistol, but if you only fired a few rounds your M&P shouldn't handle it without any issue.

CQC.45
09-29-10, 07:20
Look for peening or cracking on the barrel or on the slide. Look at the rails of the slide to ensure there's no cracking or deformation. Some silver showing through on the barrel and the slide rails in the frame is normal.

How much of the Double Tap ammo did you shoot? If you fired thousands of rounds of it then it might show some extra wear on the pistol, but if you only fired a few rounds your M&P shouldn't handle it without any issue.

Thanks. It was only one mag (10rds). But it felt extremely hot.