PDA

View Full Version : M-Pro 7 Removed My Dry Film Lube...

kerplode
09-27-10, 15:25
I switched over to M-Pro 7 a while back 'cause it works much better than the various CLPs I was using before.

Anyway, I cleaned two of my carbines with it for the first time the other day (one all LMT and one a CMMG upper on an LMT Lower). As expected, it did a great job cleaning the barrels and removing the carbon. It also did an expert job stripping all the dry film lube out of both uppers. It simply melted the stuff off and cleaned them down to the bare anodizing.

Should I care? Is this going to be a problem? I suspect not, but figured I should ask just to be sure. :)

Rmplstlskn
09-27-10, 17:34
There are multiple threads and FAQ's about proper lube for an AR15 to keep it running... and NONE of them reference DRY LUBE, so good riddance its gone...

The upper only has a few contact points with the Carrier... No need for any dry film lube.

Use good oil GENEROUSLY...

Have fun!

Rmpl

kerplode
09-27-10, 18:09
I didn't put the dry lube in there. It came applied by the manufacturers. But yeah, I get your point.

My lube procedure consists of a generous amount of Slip2000 EWL on the bolt and carrier, a bit of TW25B on the cam and hammer face, and a light coat of Corrosion-X on everything else to prevent corrosion. Sound about right?

Sounds like I assumed correctly that the DFL going away is not a big deal, though...That's good to hear. :cool:

Quib
09-27-10, 18:53
It's pretty common for the DFL to eventually wear through or even begin flaking in spots. Nothing to be concerned over.

MistoGators
09-28-10, 11:37
I love M-Pro 7. It doesn't have that damn smell that stays around.