09-27-10, 17:12
Just posted on YouTube. Looks cool!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Magpul#p/a/u/0/1XCv0X6SqUg

PRMAN45ACP
09-27-10, 17:49
Waiting for the release to order.:neo:

NavyDavy55
09-27-10, 18:18
Not on You Tube but Louis Awerbuck has an excellent DVD called "The Combat Shotgun".

SeriousStudent
09-27-10, 18:39
Trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XCv0X6SqUg

Now i need a shotgun. Hmm...:p

I've got the shotgun, and I am definitely ordering the DVD.

Redneck19
09-27-10, 18:56
It's about time!
Any word on the release date?

wes007
09-27-10, 19:18
Time to spend more money :cool:

Kentucky Cop
09-27-10, 19:54
I was trying to see what kind of shottys they were running. I think Costa had a FN MK semi auto maybe and Haley towards the end had a semi auto with a AFG on it. Nice video......

Numerous pumps....,

KC

Ak44
09-27-10, 20:01
I saw a Saiga12 in there with an M4 stock :cool:

Longhorn
09-27-10, 20:42
My gf heard the voices/noises and came into the room and asked what I was watching.

So I showed her and without skipping a beat she goes "I guess I know what to put on your wishlist this year"

Awesome :D

500grains
09-27-10, 20:46
How would you like to take a shotgun class and fire 1500 rounds in 2 days?

chriskc04
09-27-10, 21:31
YES. Release date?

obucina
09-27-10, 21:42
the team america song is running in my brain!

vietboy1st
09-27-10, 23:50
i saw this on their facebook home page. If you look closer at 0:46 there is blood on the officer's left arm i know it's fake but it's cool. I would like to use shot gun to blow up locked doors and would use it as back up weapon in CQB other than that ar and a glock sidearm.

Titleist
09-27-10, 23:51
i saw this on their facebook home page. If you look closer at 0:46 there is blood on the officer's left arm i know it's fake but it's cool. I would like to use shot gun to blow up locked doors and would use it as back up weapon in CQB other than that ar and a glock sidearm.

That's Drake Clark by the way ;)

nickdrak
09-28-10, 00:50
Looks good. I have been looking for a good resource for new ideas to add to my departments shotgun training. It will be good to add something new to the mix of the typically antiquated LE shotgun training that most PD's have used for the past 30 years+

ETA: On BluRay disc too!!!:D

AllanRR
09-28-10, 04:16
I guess it's a sign for me to finally get myself a shotgun. :D

So, when does the DVD come out?

macnamara
09-28-10, 07:23
I guess it's a sign for me to finally get myself a shotgun...

I hear ya.

UDT
09-28-10, 07:30
Looks good to me. IMO there DVD's are worth the money.

sapper36
09-28-10, 07:46
Guess I will need to dust off the Mossberg now.

parishioner
09-28-10, 11:19
I would like to get an explanation for that quote "there is nothing defensive about firing at another human being." Not that I don't get the gist of what he's trying to say and I'm not at all disagreeing, its just the first time you hear it, you sort of pause just for the obvious reason that we have this ingrained notion that we use firearms for defensive purposes.

The vid looks great as usual.

streck
09-28-10, 12:57
I would like to get an explanation for that quote "there is nothing defensive about firing at another human being."

That stood out to me as well....I know that he is drawing attention to and driving in the idea that shooting someone is a violent and unpleasant business, I do disagree somewhat with the way he phrased it.

Maybe there is more context to it on tape, but I'm not going to get wrapped around the axle over it.

devilsdeeds
09-28-10, 14:14
I think he's saying that a shotgun is a very devastating weapon against a human and can't really be used to just subdue an attack. Also if someone is trying to take your life, then you need to be trying to take theirs(only way to definitely stop them) and not just hurt them, as they might not stop after a warning shot, leg wound, etc. and that "forgiveness" might cost you your life.

Anyone else notice that sometimes there rounds fall out of the holders :p

streck
09-28-10, 14:18
I get the best defense is a good offense...but if you are holed up in the bedroom, that is defensive...

This is why I am not really worried about it and will see what was said in full on the DVD.

till44
09-28-10, 16:59
Anyone else notice that sometimes there rounds fall out of the holders :p

Yeah, there's that round that falls out of Costa's holder around the 41 sec. mark.

Video looks like another winner, maybe it will help me out this turkey season!

Moose-Knuckle
09-28-10, 17:25
I want to see an AA12 run thru a course. :D

obucina
09-28-10, 19:22
does anyone know if the blu ray will also have a DVD option in the package?

vietboy1st
09-28-10, 19:59
does anyone know if the blu ray will also have a DVD option in the package?

YES, normal dvd is $39.99 with blue ray is $49.99

obucina
09-28-10, 20:06
YES, normal dvd is $39.99 with blue ray is $49.99
i mean, will the blu ray have a standard copy in the package?

vietboy1st
09-28-10, 20:11
i mean, will the blu ray have a standard copy in the package?

no for sure. That's why they have standard package for $39.99 and blue ray disc is for $49.99.

obucina
09-28-10, 20:19
no for sure. That's why they have standard package for $39.99 and blue ray disc is for $49.99.

looks like i need to pick up a second blu ray player!

lil'Zeus
09-28-10, 20:44
I'm pumped up...Just last week I installed a GG&G HK Loop on my 870 to use with my MS2 sling...now I know why when I called magpul and asked them if they thought that set up would work they chuckled with a "I'm pretty sure you won't have a problem"...LOL

I was focused on Costa's 870 that appeared to have the Vang full treatment done...

Sign me up! I'm in!!!

Rezarf2
09-29-10, 14:35
This is the one I have been waiting for...

OH YEAH! :cool:

Longhorn
09-29-10, 15:56
I was focused on Costa's 870 that appeared to have the Vang full treatment done...

It wouldn't shock me if their 870s used the Vang barrel and "Big Dome" safety with most of the other work done by Nighthawk...

NHC has a bunch of pics on their website of Chris blasting an NHC prepped 870 as well as some of their 1911s.

Kentucky Cop
09-29-10, 16:17
I had no idea NHC did shotguns. I just read this and it looks awesome. The website says $1350 of something like that for the 870 package. Umm, surely that includes the 870......, right? You never know...

http://www.nighthawktactical.com/Tactical_Shotguns.html

KC

Rmplstlskn
09-29-10, 16:30
Lots of yelling... Not sure if that stress is the best for learning a weapon that I bet most of us are very rusty and unsure with as a PRIMARY fighting weapon... I felt the stress just watching it, with the building crescendo of the hollywood-blockbuster music and all...

Louis Awerbuck's Combat Shotgun was a classic!

Not sure if my shoulder could take all that 12g poundings... Serious black-n-blue after that class, to be sure.

Rmpl

Rezarf2
09-29-10, 20:47
Looks like an early November release date per the Magpul website.

highxj
09-29-10, 23:51
Pre-orders up now on the website....

chris914
09-30-10, 04:26
Did anyone notice how the shooters were getting pounded by the recoil? It seems they need some Rob Haught training first.

Steve
09-30-10, 06:32
Did anyone notice how the shooters were getting pounded by the recoil? It seems they need some Rob Haught training first.

I was one of those shooters, and I don't recall getting pounded through days of shooting full house. Slug an:sarcastic:d Buck loads in my pump or semi neither did a lot of
students.

No disrespect. To rob he is a great human who I have shared the dinner table with. His ttp. Works well. And I use it often
You are seeing a clip of week of training and a lot of techniques were talked about

And seeing. How I was in the video before I worked for mod
You will see shots in 60p

And push pull was covered as well as many things

We have a great deal of respect for Rob

Steve
09-30-10, 06:36
Lots of yelling... Not sure if that stress is the best for learning a weapon that I bet most of us are very rusty and unsure with as a PRIMARY fighting weapon... I felt the stress just watching it, with the building crescendo of the hollywood-blockbuster music and all...

Not sure if my shoulder could take all that 12g poundings... Serious black-n-blue after that class, to be sure.

Rmpl

I. Was the one being yelled at
That wasn't stressfull

ForTehNguyen
09-30-10, 07:51

Rmpl

its not bad when your shooting birdshot a lot. I've taken some couple hour local defensive shotty classes. But it really starts hurting when you shoot a lot of buckshot.

terrymo
09-30-10, 10:45
Backorders accepted on Brownells

fnforme
09-30-10, 17:02
Nice, I've been waiting for this for a long time now. I love all of their DVDs and think this one will be especially helpful considering how little I actually know about running a shotgun well.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-30-10, 21:06
Taken three classes and you need to be there to put the yelling in context. Travis and Chris have a really great rapport with classes and anytime I've seen them raise the volume it was just to get your heart rate up a bit. You can see it in some of the other videos where go from talking to barking to talking.

CoryCop25
09-30-10, 21:14
I would like to get an explanation for that quote "there is nothing defensive about firing at another human being." Not that I don't get the gist of what he's trying to say and I'm not at all disagreeing, its just the first time you hear it, you sort of pause just for the obvious reason that we have this ingrained notion that we use firearms for defensive purposes.

The vid looks great as usual.

As a firearms instructor, I took it as this... You as a law abiding citizen will always enter a gunfight as a defense. I believe that what he is trying to say is that you need to take the fight to the bad guy. Instead of raising your gun and shooting, you need to raise your gun, clench your teeth, shoot your gun and kick the corpse of your bad guy in the balls when you are done shooting him to death.... The best description I can think of to say take the offensive when on the defense.

Six Feet Under
09-30-10, 21:56
Looks good to me. IMO there DVD's are worth the money.

I agree, I have learned a lot from my copy of Art of the Tactical Carbine. I asked for Dynamic Handgun for my 21st birthday (Oct 12th) as I go to my CWP application appointment the next day.

J-Dub
10-01-10, 08:14
I love the quote from Haley, "i dont use a pump to scare somebody, i use a pump to shoot somebody"

I hear the B.S. all the time about how the "racking" of a pump is a good deterent..False..lead flying through the air is.

Longhorn
10-01-10, 09:53

Gotta remember tho, there's a difference in yelling throughout the entire course as to discourage and "dynamically" putting stress on an individual during a motor skill such as a reload right in the middle of "the fight".

From their other DVD's they usually show praise after times like that. It may be constructive praise of how that was good, but here's how you can improve a few microseconds faster or it's outright "Good job!".

Travis and Chris don't just bark D.I. like orders, get in your face and break you down psychologically. They put the stress on you now so when you're actually in the fight, you won't buckle. It's not "break you down to build you up". It's "there's your limit, now here's how you break out beyond that and thrive".

Zhurdan
10-01-10, 09:55
Taken three classes and you need to be there to put the yelling in context. Travis and Chris have a really great rapport with classes and anytime I've seen them raise the volume it was just to get your heart rate up a bit. You can see it in some of the other videos where go from talking to barking to talking.

Agreed. I've only taken the one class (Carbine) so far and their yelling isn't demeaning in any way, shape or form. It's to put you in motion. We were doing a walk back drill with the rifles and as we were moving, I had a double feed. I started to assess the problem and that's about the time Travis grabbed me by the back of my chest rig and yanked me backwards. Apparently, when my brain engaged, my feet stopped, DURING A WALK BACK DRILL. He not only kept me out of danger, but yelled in my ear FIX THAT PROBLEM, FIX IT FIX IT. I ended up transitioning to my pistol and fixing it after that portion of the drill was over (didn't have enough space or time in that drill to do it while moving so I fixed the 'no lead flying' problem by transitioning). After the drill was over, he came and talked to me and asked if I knew what happened. I think I said something like "yeah, as soon as my brain turned on, my feet turned off". He smiled and said something to the effect that he wasn't yelling at me to be mean, but to break my focused concentration on what I was doing to keep my feet moving.

Oh, and it does get your blood pumping when they yell at you after hearing some of their "stories" of some of the shit they've seen and done.

stifled
11-02-10, 14:07
They posted some outtakes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0K4Vpp6UFI) today. They're pretty good!

Still waiting on mine...

Titleist
11-02-10, 14:17
I enjoyed Steve yelling at me last class, he has a wonderful singing voice! :ph34r:

Steve
11-02-10, 15:44
I enjoyed Steve yelling at me last class, he has a wonderful singing voice! :ph34r:

Only because i love you

streck
11-02-10, 16:05
Mine arrived yesterday and I watched the first hour. Good stuff. :D

Whootsinator
11-02-10, 16:12
I MUST attend a Magpul Dynamics class eventually... Before Chris and Steve retire, at least! This just looks like way too much fun.

jaxman7
11-02-10, 23:54
The outtakes are hysterical. Thanks for the laugh! Kinda interesting that @ about the 1 minute mark Jason Wong (hope I spelled his name correctly) introduces himself. Jason was at my last local 3 gun match.

-Jax

They posted some outtakes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0K4Vpp6UFI) today. They're pretty good!

Still waiting on mine...

abcsRezy
11-03-10, 07:17
when travis rips off that knife-wielding-woman BSA to expose Chris, i just abt fell out of my chair.

blackcpull
11-08-10, 12:47
Hello,

Does anyone have any infomation about the shotgun that Travis was using to? It seems like a Remington 1100? Thank you.

stifled
11-08-10, 13:15
Hello,

Does anyone have any infomation about the shotgun that Travis was using to? It seems like a Remington 1100? Thank you.

They use every common shotgun in the Dynamic Shotgun video--Benelli M1, Remington 870 and 1100, Mossberg 500, Winchester 70 (I think?), Saigas, etc. They demonstrate different ways to run drills, mostly to illustrate that shotguns vary widely in their operation and basically say, this is how we do it, but how you do it is up to you.

How Travis has one of his shotguns setup interests me a lot, though. He has one with a 2-shell caddy on the right side of the forearm (I've never seen one of those) and then a patch of Velcro on the left side of the receiver with complementary shell holder. It made for some extremely fast slug changeovers and combat reloads. I think at one point he said it is a custom part, which would explain why I've never seen one.

edmorseiii
11-08-10, 13:37
Like this?

http://www.triangleshootingsports.com/images/otto/shotgun2shells.jpg

http://www.triangleshootingsports.com/otto.htm

I have seen some 3gun setups using this.

Titleist
11-08-10, 13:43
Travis described it as a kydex double shell holder he modified to mount to the 1100's forearm.

stifled
11-08-10, 14:07
Like this?
http://www.triangleshootingsports.com/otto.htm

I have seen some 3gun setups using this.
That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

Travis described it as a kydex double shell holder he modified to mount to the 1100's forearm.
I knew it was something like that, thanks.

edmorseiii
11-08-10, 14:20
No prob, I am thinking about putting one on my SPX myself.

highxj
11-08-10, 15:38
Hello,

Yeah, they used a variety of shotguns, but what seemed like Travis' primary one was an 1100...

snakedoctor
11-09-10, 11:28

Its a modified double shell holder from Blade-Tech.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-09-10, 12:21
Just got the vids yesterday and I'm working my way thru them. Great stuff. Got a few questions and comments:

1. Travis mentions during breaching that the 870 needs a dry hull in the chamber and thus the action cycled before blowing the hinges. Why not just have the breaching round in and the safety on.

2. Do any other autos have the Benelli feature of pulling the action back and putting a slug in with out having to worry about a shell loading from the tube? Specifically wondering about an SLP.

3. Who makes the velcro side panel that attaches to the side of the shotguns? Specifically the side that attaches to the gun? That is a pretty slick system.

4. Is it just me is one of Travis' side burns a lot longer than the other in the intro talk on Disc one? Did he lose a bet or something?

5. I see Travis running a strong overhand grip on the shotgun, with his thumb on top of the barrel. Doesn't this get too hot to maintain?

6. Listening to Chris talk about how he would handle a home invasion- half way thru I started to chuckle. Can you imagine being the dumb-ass who breaks into Chris or Travis' house- how ****ed are you.

7. Emmy Award to Drake! Surprised he didn't ask her to apply pressure higher up his leg.

Real nice intro to shotguns. I'm starting to do more 3-gun and I've hated those stages. What good is a shotgun? The video definitely showed me how vicious a shot gun can be when run right.

Titleist
11-09-10, 13:33
I can only answer the questions I actually think I can answer, so excuse it if I skip over a few:

1. Travis sounded pretty clear the reason they don't roll with an 870 with one in the pipe is that it could be possible for the safety to become disengaged, and an ND could happen. Hence why he keeps the chamber clear. He also makes mention that the Saiga is a good alternative because it has a large and obvious safety so you could tell if something were to happen, but it also allows you to keep the Saiga with one in the pipe and avoid having to rack the shotgun.

3. Give these a look: http://www.3gunstuff.com/shotgun.htm It might not be the same one Travis is using. There's some gear in the DVD by a couple of companies that was made for Chris and Travis but not in full production yet.

5. I noticed that too, but also noticed their thumbs generally not on the barrels during firing. Looks like they're riding them on the tops of the forearms, which makes it LOOK like they're on the barrels. But again you'd have to have someone like Travis or Chris confirm or deny that method.

7. Well played, good sir, well played.

Only thing I'd say I was just a tad dissapointed in, and maybe this was due to the large variety of shotguns that would require too much time, but I was surprised that there were no segments given to malfunctions and their clearances, and one handed weapon manipulation (which was even shown on the DVD when Travis worked his 870 off his reaction side knee).

stifled
11-09-10, 14:45
Only thing I'd say I was just a tad dissapointed in, and maybe this was due to the large variety of shotguns that would require too much time, but I was surprised that there were no segments given to malfunctions and their clearances, and one handed weapon manipulation (which was even shown on the DVD when Travis worked his 870 off his reaction side knee).

I think you're right for the reason not showing how to clear malfunctions--shotguns are just too varied in operation to cover them all and it would take up quite a chunk of time. I imagine they'd cover one handed operation and the like on a second DVD with more advanced tactics, sort of like they did with Dynamic Carbine vol. 2. I think what they covered was pretty extensive and the proper basics.

stff
11-14-10, 10:07

My order is already in, but this is a disappointment. They could easily have added an extras section for each main shotgun type.

One of the strengths of AOTC material for me was the detailed handling of malfunctions with when down to one hand. Do people think there is enough material to warrant a second shotgun DVD?

MinAmmo
11-15-10, 11:57
Watched the Outtakes, really made me chuckle Steve's laugh is priceless "Damn Ricky I just said Butt Tuck"

stff
11-17-10, 15:35
I got a lot out of the DVDs. Watching Costa and Haley apply their principles to another class of weapon and provide detailed rationales for their design decisions was insightful. Understanding at this general level lets me apply their lens to my particular situation and weapons.

There was a lot of material but one handed operation and malfunction handling were two topics that I'd like to have seen covered.

highxj
11-17-10, 16:40
There was a lot of material but one handed operation and malfunction handling were two topics that I'd like to have seen covered.

There was some one-handed stuff on the drills disc, but nothing on malfunction that I could find either......

jaxman7
11-17-10, 16:56
Just a heads up to anyone who ordered the video on blu-ray. I called MD and the rep explained that they are still a couple of weeks away from shipping. I switched my order (thanks Magpul) over to standard DVD and it will be shipped tomorrow. I don't know why I ordered blu-ray in the first place.

-Jax

ChicagoTex
11-17-10, 17:47
2. Do any other autos have the Benelli feature of pulling the action back and putting a slug in with out having to worry about a shell loading from the tube? Specifically wondering about an SLP.

After watching the video, I checked the manuals for both the Mossy 930 and FN SLP, no joy - it appears to be a Benelli exclusive feature.

jaxman7
11-17-10, 18:00
I can vouch for the 930. It does not have that feature. Of course I get away with this by loading a slug or two in the tube and then racking the bolt knob.

-Jax

ChicagoTex
11-17-10, 19:08
Of course I get away with this by loading a slug or two in the tube and then racking the bolt knob.

Ah, the ole "planning ahead" trick.

While that's obviously the ideal cirumstance, the reality is that using a shotgun effectively outdoors in a tactical application occaisonally necessitates changing out your current load on the fly, almost always with a full tube. While this is obviously doable on the 930 and SLPs using the same methods demonstrated for the Remington 1100 on the video, it's not quite as clean as the Benelli system IMO.

Is it enough of a difference to make me stop considering the 930 or SLP? Absolutely not, but it is something to consider.

drummerdude1188
11-17-10, 23:30
What was their consensus on Saiga 12's?

ChicagoTex
11-18-10, 00:37
What was their consensus on Saiga 12's?

They were barely discussed on the video, the implication based on what little they said was "great for 3-gun with the fast reloads".

Iraq Ninja
12-13-10, 22:37
I watched the DVDs today but I can't recall seeing any left handed techniques. Sure, I can figure it out for myself, but it would have been nice to see them shown on the DVD, or did I miss them?

ChicagoTex
12-13-10, 22:51
I watched the DVDs today but I can't recall seeing any left handed techniques. Sure, I can figure it out for myself, but it would have been nice to see them shown on the DVD, or did I miss them?

You didn't miss 'em. Left-handed operation and malfunction clearances weren't covered at all. Here's hoping for an AotDS 2.

stifled
12-20-10, 13:44
After watching the video, I checked the manuals for both the Mossy 930 and FN SLP, no joy - it appears to be a Benelli exclusive feature.

I can confirm the SLP indexes a cartridge out of the tube when the action comes to the rear, regardless of how it got there. It's a nice feature on the Benelli, but I decided it wasn't worth ~$600 to me. And I absolutely love my FN SLP; I can't believe they're not more popular than they are. The 18" Standard I bought comes with tall sights and a Picatinny rail, and cowitnesses with an Aimpoint Micro perfectly. I added some other things to get it kitted out how I like for home defense, and had no problem finding the things I wanted for it which I thought would be an issue with the SLP.

Raven Armament
12-24-10, 11:26
SPAS12 has a mag cutoff button on the receiver.

BRBGD
02-02-11, 17:21

IZH MP 153, AKA Remington SPR 153. Same way of empting chamber to load another shotshel, while magazine stays where it was, if trigger is not pulled.

It is a rough finished gun, but it is cheap one, and extremly reliable. Italian magazine did a test of it, firing 50 000 shells in 2 days. All main parts are chrome plated inside. It is gas operated, self regulating, and works from 1 1/8 oz loads to magnum loads. Never tried to shoot any low recoil stuff from it, and I have 3000 shells thrugh it without single stoppage, except with light trap and skeet loads.

Drawback is availability of acessories.. I am killing myself trying to find pistol grip stock that will fit, and side plate. And it can draw blood from yur fingers also.