PDA

View Full Version : Sight installation advice

Mark/MO
09-27-10, 20:06
Earlier this year I purchased and installed a set of Sevigny sights on a Glock. I liked them so much I’ve decided to get a Carry set night sight version for a G-19. I want to have the night sight set installed professionally. I installed the normal set myself but it took a lot of pounding, and I mean a lot, to get the rear sight in. Possibly I could have done something differently but I’d rather not risk damaging a vial.

That said, who would you go to for the sights and installation? I understand I’ll have to send the slide off, I just want someone I can trust and who'll do it right. Thanks.

kjdoski
09-27-10, 20:47
Mark - installing NS on a Glock is one of the easiest tricks in the book, with the right tool. Years back, I bought an MGW sight pusher for Glocks, and it now takes, literally, less than a minute to remove and install rear sights. The advantage of having your own sight pusher includes the ability to "windage" adjust your rear sights on your own at the range.

The MGW will probably run you about $100, once, and it should last you a lifetime. Having your sights professionally installed will probably run you $25 (for a local smith to do it) to $50, including shipping, to have someone else do it.

For my money, the MGW is the way to go.

Regards,

Kevin

Denny
09-28-10, 10:57
I agree with Kevin and brought the sight pusher. It is a tool worth investing in

Mark/MO
09-28-10, 14:39
Thanks guys, maybe I'll rethink my initial decision against a DIY install. So the MGM pusher is the way to go for the Sevigny sights?

If I still opt to send it off for installation any suggestions on who/where? Thanks again.