PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Industries lead time??

GunLovinTexan
07-13-07, 23:55
I orderd a drop rig for m16 pouches for a class in 2 weeks, wondering if itll be here or if i need to go to the local army navy store and get a blackhawk kit till it arrives.

I recently found out training with a local swat team that chest rigs dont work while getting shot at and under cover, by all means though they are nice when standing up, but they all had their mags on there thighs...

The team leaders comment was "the vest is carrying rifle plates and all the spare stuff you want." dont know how true it is but they def showed me where a tac vest fails.

Anyone know how far there backorderd if at all?
Rob

LSP972
07-14-07, 05:04
I ordered two items from them Wednesday, and was advised of an 8-12 week wait before they would be available. One was a chest pouch, the other a sling. I ended up cancelling the order.

Your pals are correct regarding a chest pouch for "tactical" use. The vest concept is a good one; I was with Louisiana State Police SWAT for many years, and while the vest was mainly for "goodies" and primary ballistic protection, I personally had magazines stuffed wherever I could fit them (although the thigh rig/pouch was "primary"). The guys at Waco were carrying a typical basic load (for police ops) of three, maybe four or five max, mags; and ran out of ammo VERY quickly.

These days, I just want something to hold a few magazines comfortably while I sit under my carport and wait for the wogs to show up, should The Revolution occur.

Retirement is a VERY good thing...:D

rob_s
07-14-07, 08:46
I prefer to order Eagle gear like I order cans, from stocking dealers that have the items in stock.

I like skdtactical.com for this.

M4Guru
07-14-07, 09:47
Triad Tactical is the best source for Eagle and they carry a lot of items that are exclusive to them.

rob_s
07-14-07, 09:51
Triad Tactical is the best source for Eagle and they carry a lot of items that are exclusive to them.

Yep, they're another one I use.

Generally between triad and SKD I can find what I'm looking for in-stock.

GunLovinTexan
07-14-07, 16:58
I went and picked up a tac force thing to hold me over just in case.....it only cost me 20 bucks so what the hell...

I also got the new danner telson GTX boots damn there comfortable.

Rob

HankL
07-15-07, 11:12
I've had a G-Code RTI holster, belt slide and wheel on order from them since
6-12. Last time I talked to them it still looks like my gear is at least 2 weeks out.

The best I could figure, The only place I could order G-Code R.T.I. components was through Eagle.

They are nice enough to the small guy but I don't think that there is any rush to fill my small order when they have D.O.D. contracts etc.

I'll just try and be patient and call Becca at Eagle every week or so to let her know I'm still waiting on my gear.

GunLovinTexan
07-19-07, 01:54
Wow came home tonight and saw my package from eagle there.

I gave them permission to send it without the Duty belt though, which is cool i had a black hawk cordura belt laying around so itll work for now.

The gear fits incredible and looks top notch quality...i report back after a range trip this weekend.

Rob

TimW
07-20-07, 00:40
Eagle has been working on a military contract that has taken all, or nearly all, of their production capacity. I still have items on backorder from mid-March.

Generally speaking, your best bet is to order from one of the dealers that carries what you're looking for, rather than Eagle directly, with SKD and Triad being the two better ones (yes, I say that even though they're competitors to me).

HankL
07-21-07, 08:40
I received my items Thursday.

Triad Tactical
09-01-07, 16:18
Its going from bad to worse at Eagle. I was told that an order that I placed for a Military EOD unit in March, might not ship for ANOTHER 20 weeks. Good news is that our Warriors are going to be getting some nice Eagle kit.

TimW
09-01-07, 16:21
Wow. Just....wow.

Triad Tactical
09-01-07, 16:28
Plate carriers with C/B in KH. They have the S/M portion of the order, but EOD will have to wait out the duration for the L/XL. I ordered a bunch of "special" stuff in July so it would get here in plenty of time for Christmas.......

GIFFMANN
09-01-07, 23:12
Yeah, their 20 to 24 week lead times now are awful! I'm told, however, that they are increasing production capacity. Hopefully that helps things out. Even stuff like belts are being quoted at 20 weeks!

Submariner
09-02-07, 03:12
TimW used to have some nice Eagle Hydration carriers. Alas, he had a close-out sale and they are gone.:D

TimW
09-02-07, 03:14
TimW used to have some nice Eagle Hydration carriers. Alas, he had a close-out sale and they are gone.:D

LOL...I have one or two left in RG. You cleaned me out of Khaki. Enjoy them!!

Submariner
09-02-07, 03:20
LOL...I have one or two left in RG. You cleaned me out of Khaki. Enjoy them!!

I left one?:confused:

motorolahamm
12-11-11, 07:55
Wish there was an eagle rep. on here i have been trying to contact eagle just for a couple replacement parts for some gear. its been months and several times trying to contact them.. and still no answer to me there cust svc has went way down hill, love there gear but starting to try other gear do to this issue,