PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities lives are worth more then yours in NYC

WillBrink
09-28-10, 08:10
NYC doing a great job showing why gun laws are by their very nature elitist and racist. Are these people at greater risk then the old man who runs a convenience store in Brooklyn? :rolleyes:

As usual, if you have the contacts, the $$$, and the clout, you can get an LTC in NYC.

I also remember Howard Stern bragging on air about his LTC and collection of Glocks.

They might not be dangerous, but they're armed.

Seeking an added layer of protection, more high-profile celebrities are seeking permits to carry guns in New York City, according to New York's Daily News.

Among the big names licensed to pack heat: Marc Anthony, Robert De Niro, Donald Trump, and his son, Donald Jr., Mets third baseman David Wright, and Martha Stewart's daughter, radio host Alexis Stewart.

Anthony, 42, has a special permit that allows him to carry a loaded weapon in the city, and has a similar permit for Nassau County, where he and Jennifer Lopez have a $2 million home in Brookville.

One reason for the rise in interest seems to be the vulnerability some celebrities feel in the Internet age, where so much personal information can be accessed online. "They can get their own security, but with the Internet, it is much easier to find people," attorney John Skylar Chambers tells the News. "They don't want to find someone on their lawn at five in the morning."

Gun permit aren't easy, or cheap, to get. Applicants must show that they often carry large amounts of cash or valuables, or that they are being threatened in some way. And the application alone costs a nonrefundable $340.

Despite the rise in applications from celebrities, the number of permits issued in New York City is actually down by 2.4 percent this year, to 2,093.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20429404,00.html

woodandsteel
09-28-10, 08:35
And the application alone costs a nonrefundable $340.

Unbelieveable. That is almost criminal, taking money for an application for a permit that you are surely going to deny to some working stiff.

WillBrink
09-28-10, 08:50
Unbelieveable. That is almost criminal, taking money for an application for a permit that you are surely going to deny to some working stiff.

Probably prevents most working stiffs from applying in the first place, which is the intent I bet.

GermanSynergy
09-28-10, 08:58
Typical liberal, blue state BS.....

Alex V
09-28-10, 08:59
Makes me sick...

Permit fee in NJ is only $20, but the chances of getting it are just as good as in NY.

WillBrink
09-28-10, 10:56
Makes me sick...

Permit fee in NJ is only $20, but the chances of getting it are just as good as in NY.

They are "may issue" states, which means if you have enough $$$ and or clout, it's shall issue for you, and no issue for the rest of the have nots....:rolleyes:

500grains
09-28-10, 10:58
I think it is Barbara Feinstein who has a CA permit for carrying a Chief's Special. Because she is special and we are not.

John_Wayne777
09-28-10, 11:00
An example of the hypocrisy would be Don Imus, who has talked about his drug binges on the open air and yet still had a permit to carry which was never molested by the NYPD despite his drunken, drug filled binges which brought him into contact with law enforcement on multiple occasions.

It helps to be rich and famous.

THCDDM4
09-28-10, 12:04
Paying for your constitutional rights ehh? :mad: How backwards has our nation really gotten? I am at a loss for words when I see shit like this. So many elitist groups in this country, so many different sets of rules; it is just pathetic. Our constitution has been too harshly abused.

When will people wake up and spring to action against these tyrants for ****s sake?

Mac5.56
09-28-10, 12:07
This kind of sh*t is what makes me sick about this state. (please don't say "why don't you move," because we can't at the moment).

The NYC permit laws are absolute insanity. They go beyond what can even be considered rational, and are totally elitist. The average working stiff has very little chance of being approved, if they can even come up with money for the permit.

I consider the costs on these things equivalent to a Poll Tax. The entire city of NY's 2nd Amendment rights are reliant on the individuals expendable income. When you factor in the mandatory sentences for illegal guns in the city, well...

Last time I was in the city I saw a subway advert about how it is now illegal to have a "Toy Gun That Looks Like A Real Gun." Meaning Airsoft, ext.

Then travel upstate to Westchester County and you have to purchase a pistol before you can apply for a permit. However you can't legally touch the pistol until you have the permit. Meaning you have to go into the store, and pick one based on aesthetics and brand, then wait the several months until your application is approved. If it's not, well... The one store I was talking with said they loose insane amounts of money on returns/exchanges/refunds from this one county alone. Imagine buying a pistol having never held it?

Honu
09-28-10, 12:08
watched some stupid interview clip with some celeb ?
it was bout gun laws and the interviewer asked why they are so anti gun and wanted to ban everyone from having the ability to protect themselves ?

then she said well they are dangerous and kill people blah blah blah

then the interviewer said but your body guard carries a gun ?

she said "WELL I AM IMPORTANT"

that pretty much said it all !!

Belmont31R
09-28-10, 12:13
There are lots of protected classes in America not just celebrities.

THCDDM4
09-28-10, 12:37
There are lots of protected classes in America not just celebrities.

That is for sure.

THCDDM4
09-28-10, 12:41
This kind of sh*t is what makes me sick about this state. (please don't say "why don't you move," because we can't at the moment).

The NYC permit laws are absolute insanity. They go beyond what can even be considered rational, and are totally elitist. The average working stiff has very little chance of being approved, if they can even come up with money for the permit.

I consider the costs on these things equivalent to a Poll Tax. The entire city of NY's 2nd Amendment rights are reliant on the individuals expendable income. When you factor in the mandatory sentences for illegal guns in the city, well...

Last time I was in the city I saw a subway advert about how it is now illegal to have a "Toy Gun That Looks Like A Real Gun." Meaning Airsoft, ext.

Then travel upstate to Westchester County and you have to purchase a pistol before you can apply for a permit. However you can't legally touch the pistol until you have the permit. Meaning you have to go into the store, and pick one based on aesthetics and brand, then wait the several months until your application is approved. If it's not, well... The one store I was talking with said they loose insane amounts of money on returns/exchanges/refunds from this one county alone. Imagine buying a pistol having never held it?

I always hate the "Why don't you leave" bullshit argument. This is our country, our states, we shouldn't leave when they infringe on our constitutional rights/liberty; we should revolt and take those rights/liberty back.

I would never go to (Again), let alone live in New York, but telling someone to leave their state when they are in the right, and the state government is wrong and acting unconstitutional is just ****ing idiotic! Stand your ground and fight the ****ers!

Ejh28
09-28-10, 13:17
Haha, my rural county issued almost twice that many permits in a year . . .

Moose-Knuckle
09-28-10, 15:02
Typical, "do as I say, not as I do." :rolleyes:

Alex V
09-28-10, 15:49
I always hate the "Why don't you leave" bullshit argument. This is our country, our states, we shouldn't leave when they infringe on our constitutional rights/liberty; we should revolt and take those rights/liberty back.

I would never go to (Again), let alone live in New York, but telling someone to leave their state when they are in the right, and the state government is wrong and acting unconstitutional is just ****ing idiotic! Stand your ground and fight the ****ers!

I would love to fight... but you can not imagine the amount of apathy even in the gun owner's community.

I dated the doughter of an NJ Chief of Police. This was before I was a gun owner, but I was old enough to. Knowing very little about NJ gun laws at the time, but knowing enough to say it was imposible to get a CCW permit I asked him as a goof if he would help me get my CCW permit. He said "Why would you need to carry a handgun?" This was a Chief LEO... need? What about right? He could CCW. I cant.

Yet another protected class Belmont, LEO can get CCW's in NJ. I can't

I took my first carbine class tought by an NJ State Trooper. I was the only student who was not an LEO. When I said how sad I was that I could not carry their answer to me was a Surfire Defender flashlight. What the **** am I going to do with a flashlight being 130lbs against a 200lbs thug with a gun? :rolleyes: But they can all CCW, so why do they care.

Spiffums
09-28-10, 15:54
It is easier to count the non-protected classes of Hyphened-Americans on 1 hand.......err I mean non-hyphended.......

dhrith
09-28-10, 16:00
2,093 out of (approx) 8.5 MILLION people. That's some sad shit.

THCDDM4
09-28-10, 16:30
I would love to fight... but you can not imagine the amount of apathy even in the gun owner's community.

I dated the doughter of an NJ Chief of Police. This was before I was a gun owner, but I was old enough to. Knowing very little about NJ gun laws at the time, but knowing enough to say it was imposible to get a CCW permit I asked him as a goof if he would help me get my CCW permit. He said "Why would you need to carry a handgun?" This was a Chief LEO... need? What about right? He could CCW. I cant.

Yet another protected class Belmont, LEO can get CCW's in NJ. I can't

I took my first carbine class tought by an NJ State Trooper. I was the only student who was not an LEO. When I said how sad I was that I could not carry their answer to me was a Surfire Defender flashlight. What the **** am I going to do with a flashlight being 130lbs against a 200lbs thug with a gun? :rolleyes: But they can all CCW, so why do they care.

I totally hear you. I am more talking about the people that say blanket statements like if you don't like ______ then leave. That mentality to me is just so ignorant and blatantly Anti American I cannot stand it when I hear those words uttered. Do what you wish leave, fight for your rights, hide under a bridge, more power to you. I just hate the "Leave then..." attitude/mentality/argument bullshit.

You should've asked the LEO what reason he had for carrying a concealed weapon when he asked you that shit. If he has a reason, so do you. And beyond that **** a reason its a right. And beyond that **** a right extended by a govt. its my natural born right, I am a naturally born free man who practices liberty regardless of basless/unconstitutional laws that our govt's. try to force on me. Carrying concealed (Regardless of if you let the local sheriff rape you first or just do it) is a 2A right, period, I don't care how you want to interpret "the right to bear arms"; it is to the point:
THE
RIGHT
TO
BEAR
ARMS
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

What in that staement can be construed as; "the right to bear arms can not be infringed; unless...___" <-- add any of the numerous moronic and ignorant excuses here.

When we stop carrying, be it in the open or concealed, we allow them to froce these unconstitutional laws on us; we are accepting the fact that they are usurping our rights; we ALLOW it. THats the whole point we can decide to allow it to happen or do something about it.

Laws that are unjust and unconstitutional should not be followed nor enforced. Anyone who follows these unjust unconstitutional laws or helps to enforce them is a ****ing piece of shit anti Freedom loving cock sucker!

SteyrAUG
09-29-10, 00:25
And from that last, Howard Stern is the ONLY one I know to be pro gun.

variablebinary
09-29-10, 01:49
Why is anyone surprised by this?

New York is the prime example of what Orwell was referring to in Animal Farm.

kal
09-29-10, 02:45

Listen up close, you have about 50 adult years after the age of 20 on this planet if you're lucky.

It's easier to move rather than to try and change the status quo for your current environment.

variablebinary
09-29-10, 02:49
Listen up close, you have about 50 adult years after the age of 20 on this planet if you're lucky.

It's easier to move rather than to try and change the status quo for your current environment.

Until you run out of places to move.

I'm in Utah, and seeing it right before my eyes

chadbag
09-29-10, 05:23
I'm in Utah, and seeing it right before my eyes

Is there something up we need to know about?

Alex V
09-29-10, 09:01
I totally hear you. I am more talking about the people that say blanket statements like if you don't like ______ then leave. That mentality to me is just so ignorant and blatantly Anti American I cannot stand it when I hear those words uttered. Do what you wish leave, fight for your rights, hide under a bridge, more power to you. I just hate the "Leave then..." attitude/mentality/argument bullshit.

Laws that are unjust and unconstitutional should not be followed nor enforced. Anyone who follows these unjust unconstitutional laws or helps to enforce them is a ****ing piece of shit anti Freedom loving cock sucker!

I hear ya, I can't move. I have a good job, going for my RA which takes a long ass time as there are 7 exams, just bought a condo, my family is all here.

So what am I supposed to do? CCW without a permit? Fine and dandy since concealed means no one sees it including LEO but lets say "god" forbid I get in a situation where I need to use it? If some scum-bag tried to grab me at knife point and I shoot him, I go to jail for carrying w/o a permit...

I understand that I would rather have my indictment read than my eulogy but sh*t dude, I don't want to spend the night in jail, have my firearms taken away, get fired from work. It would suck.

THCDDM4
09-29-10, 09:15
I hear ya, I can't move. I have a good job, going for my RA which takes a long ass time as there are 7 exams, just bought a condo, my family is all here.

So what am I supposed to do? CCW without a permit? Fine and dandy since concealed means no one sees it including LEO but lets say "god" forbid I get in a situation where I need to use it? If some scum-bag tried to grab me at knife point and I shoot him, I go to jail for carrying w/o a permit...

I understand that I would rather have my indictment read than my eulogy but sh*t dude, I don't want to spend the night in jail, have my firearms taken away, get fired from work. It would suck.

I totally understand, we all have choices... and consequences. I wasn't trying to be a dick or specifically calling anyone or group out; I'm just sick of how we allow our Govt. to control and harass us, and deny us the rights that we as free men all have just from being born, we have rights, not from a piece of paper, but from our very existence we deserve and have those rights, we allow others to infringe upon them or we simply don't. It is pure shit and I for one do not go along with it; I have my rights and if I get screwed because I am practicing my natural born freedom then so be it, for me it is better to die/be imprisoned a free man than to live as a slave...

variablebinary
09-29-10, 09:52
Is there something up we need to know about?

Nothing you aren't aware of. Just the disease of liberalism spreading to Utah from toilets like California.

Wont be long till we get another Rocky Anderson.

THCDDM4
09-29-10, 10:05

Listen up close, that is the attitude of a beaten and desolate slave, not that of a free man.

Just like it is easier to sit there and die than it is to fight for your life? Things that are "easy" are rarely worth anything.

It would have been easier for early colonists/Americans just to go along with British rule right? Well, I'm quite thankful they didn't take the easy way out; in fact I am here today only because they took the hard road and fought for what was right instead of "leaving" with their tales betwixt their legs...

Skyyr
09-29-10, 10:11
Listen up close, that is the arttitude of a beaten and desolate slave, not that of a free man.

Just like it is easier to sit there and die than it is to fight for your life? Things that are "easy" are rarely worth anything.

It would have been easier for early colonists/Americans just to go along with British rule right? Well, I'm quite thankful they didn't take the easy way out; in fact I am here today only because they took the hard road and fought for what was right instead of "leaving" with their tales betwixt their legs...

I like you. Accept my friend request please.

THCDDM4
09-29-10, 10:24
I like you. Accept my friend request please.

Sorry if it took me a while to accept the friend request, I'm pretty new to the internet/networking groups, I'm still figuring things out.

Ejh28
09-29-10, 11:29
Listen up close, that is the attitude of a beaten and desolate slave, not that of a free man.

I'm just wondering if you ever listen to yourself.

Ahhh. I love the internets.

Honu
09-29-10, 11:32

but why move ? why not fight for what is correct ? like variable said keep moving till you run out of places ? they did not stop to change it people moving away not fighting made it so they could !

take it back from them get things changed so the kids we have can have freedoms

its sad my kids are not going to have the same freedoms I did growing up unless we really start reversing things

Mac5.56
09-29-10, 12:14
You should've asked the LEO what reason he had for carrying a concealed weapon when he asked you that shit. If he has a reason, so do you. And beyond that **** a reason its a right. And beyond that **** a right extended by a govt. its my natural born right, I am a naturally born free man who practices liberty regardless of basless/unconstitutional laws that our govt's. try to force on me. Carrying concealed (Regardless of if you let the local sheriff rape you first or just do it) is a 2A right, period, I don't care how you want to interpret "the right to bear arms"; it is to the point:
THE
RIGHT
TO
BEAR
ARMS
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

What in that staement can be construed as; "the right to bear arms can not be infringed; unless...___" <-- add any of the numerous moronic and ignorant excuses here.

And there isn't a single place in America where this right is more violated then in NYC. It is now illegal to carry a "gravity assisted pocket knife" in NYC. The only "arms" you are allowed to bare in NYC as a citizen of this country is a folding pocket knife, that takes two hands to open, with a blade shorter then four inches.

Mac5.56
09-29-10, 12:15
Why is anyone surprised by this?

New York is the prime example of what Orwell was referring to in Animal Farm.

I thought he was referring to Moscow...

Mac5.56
09-29-10, 12:17

Sorry man but that is ****ing bullshit! That attitude is why my country is in the shitter right now. It's why corporations have gone tran-national to the point of destroying the American way of life. It's why American's are spending more time bitching about Obama then they are actually doing anything.

Stick your head in the sand man, your right, you don't live forever. God forbid something challenging happens in your life time, and you may actually have to do something!

THCDDM4
09-29-10, 12:21
And there isn't a single place in America where this right is more violated then in NYC. It is now illegal to carry a "gravity assisted pocket knife" in NYC. The only "arms" you are allowed to bare in NYC as a citizen of this country is a folding pocket knife, that takes two hands to open, with a blade shorter then four inches.

Do they consider box cutters with gravity assists as weapons? Box cutters are great tools, and you could always say you were just cutting some boxes with it and forgot it in your pocket. If they are legal to carry concealed that would be my choice. A 2" Box cutter blade will cut just deep enough to reach and sever the subclavian arteries and instantly render an attacker useless and bleed them out rather quickly. I would much rather have that than a 4" folding balde pocket knife.

NYC seems to be the antithesis of what America was built on and has stood for.

THCDDM4
09-29-10, 12:24
I thought he was referring to Moscow...

Orwell was reffering to Moscow, and I believe veriable meant "the picture Orwell was Painting in Animal Farm..."
I could be wrong though.

kal
09-29-10, 13:27
Sorry man but that is ****ing bullshit! That attitude is why my country is in the shitter right now. It's why corporations have gone tran-national to the point of destroying the American way of life. It's why American's are spending more time bitching about Obama then they are actually doing anything.

Stick your head in the sand man, your right, you don't live forever. God forbid something challenging happens in your life time, and you may actually have to do something!

Sometimes in life, you have to run away. How long would it take to completely overturn NYC's un-American legislation? How much money would it take? Do you think the people that live around you are 100% on your side? They're the idiots who let you down in the first place.

So it's best that you get out of there. I think finding places to live and job opportunities in other states would be a piece of cake compared to the alternative.

I don't understand the concept of trying to overturn a status quo in which would take longer than your life span.

THCDDM4
09-29-10, 14:05
Sometimes in life, you have to run away. How long would it take to completely overturn NYC's un-American legislation? How much money would it take? Do you think the people that live around you are 100% on your side? They're the idiots who let you down in the first place.

So it's best that you get out of there. I think finding places to live and job opportunities in other states would be a piece of cake compared to the alternative.

I don't understand the concept of trying to overturn a status quo in which would take longer than your life span.

3% is all it takes to reach critical mass and start things on the path to change. Some ideals are bigger than one life, or multiple lifetimes. Such as freedom and liberty.
Your arguments are all in the vain of a defeatus attitude. So just because you have great adversity you should cower in the corner and walk away from an ideal that is inherintly and intrinsically our duty to protect and weild?
If great men in the past decided to just walk out on what they deemed to be so important, would we even be a nation?
Things that are right, and just are things that are worth giving up ones life to ensure.
Especially for our children, I would give an entire lifetime of strenuous work in the face of adversity to make a better place for my children, and others peoples children, because I truly believe/embrace liberty and freedom.
What I cannot fathom is why someone would not stand up and fight to change the status quo that is obviously infringing on our basic natural born human rights.
If they are the idiots that let us down in the first place is it our place to let everyone else down as well? If people continue to run away from adversity when they are morally and ethically right and justified and not stick up for their fellow brothers & sisters, we will all be living in one big NYC VERY VERY SOON. Then where can we run to?

Mac5.56
09-29-10, 15:57
NYC seems to be the antithesis of what America was built on and has stood for.

This isn't directed at you personally THCDDM4, I have been a big fan of yours in this thread. But, I say this having actually been to NYC, so those of you that haven't visited, maybe you should refrain from your assumptions...

I would disagree that it is the complete antithesis of the United States, but rather I would say that it is one of the best examples of what our country was founded on, as well as what our country has become. NYC is the melting pot that America was supposed to be. I love the diversity of races, and classes all working together to make the city work. I have traveled this entire country, and it is unlike any place I have seen. It is where you can see the words written onto the Statue of Liberty in action on its streets.

But, like all of America it is gripped by fear. And it still has some pretty deep scars. It is America's fear that has allowed these gun laws to get passed in the city. It is America's fear that dominates every action and reaction both socially and politically that we have seen happen post Sept 11th. How do you convince an entire nation that is gripped and governed by fear to abandon that? How to you convince a city that is the largest target for Terrorism on the planet to abandon that? I'm not excusing the laws, rather I am attempting to put them in context. I think it is important to understand something before you rant and rave about it and place it in neat little pre=determined one word packages.

One thing I am doing to try and change this fear is working with other people in may area to teach city dwellers the basic fundamentals of gun safety, marksmanship and hunting. It's a small step, but it's something, and it's tangible.

If there are ANY lawyers out there though that want to take up a pro-gun cause we would love your help... *hint hint* We could start by getting the poll tax removed from the application process. While it may seem like a peanuts this would send a major message!

I for one am not willing to get myself arrested to make a case against NYC, especially when I live on the outskirts. But if in the next year (a major possibility) I end up moving to one of the buroughs I will publish on m4Carbine the process' I have to go through to get a permit to have my long guns in my apartment.

WillBrink
09-29-10, 16:16
This isn't directed at you personally THCDDM4, I have been a big fan of yours in this thread. But, I say this having actually been to NYC, so those of you that haven't visited, maybe you should refrain from your assumptions...

I grew up in Brooklyn.

It is where you can see the words written onto the Statue of Liberty in action on its streets.

You should have seen it in the 70s. NYC is lost much of its real character since then and Starbucks, etc have replaced much of what made NYC truly unique.

But, like all of America it is gripped by fear. And it still has some pretty deep scars. It is America's fear that has allowed these gun laws to get passed in the city.

Meaning they were better pre 9/11? Nationally, gun laws have improved a great deal since 9/11. I don't know what specific changes took place in NYC since 9/11, but it's never been a gun friendly place, that's for sure.

THCDDM4
09-29-10, 16:29

I would disagree that it is the complete antithesis of the United States, but rather I would say that it is one of the best examples of what our country was founded on, as well as what our country has become. NYC is the melting pot that America was supposed to be. I love the diversity of races, and classes all working together to make the city work. I have traveled this entire country, and it is unlike any place I have seen. It is where you can see the words written onto the Statue of Liberty in action on its streets.

But, like all of America it is gripped by fear. And it still has some pretty deep scars. It is America's fear that has allowed these gun laws to get passed in the city. It is America's fear that dominates every action and reaction both socially and politically that we have seen happen post Sept 11th. How do you convince an entire nation that is gripped and governed by fear to abandon that? How to you convince a city that is the largest target for Terrorism on the planet to abandon that? I'm not excusing the laws, rather I am attempting to put them in context. I think it is important to understand something before you rant and rave about it and place it in neat little pre=determined one word packages.

One thing I am doing to try and change this fear is working with other people in may area to teach city dwellers the basic fundamentals of gun safety, marksmanship and hunting. It's a small step, but it's something, and it's tangible.

If there are ANY lawyers out there though that want to take up a pro-gun cause we would love your help... *hint hint* We could start by getting the poll tax removed from the application process. While it may seem like a peanuts this would send a major message!

I for one am not willing to get myself arrested to make a case against NYC, especially when I live on the outskirts. But if in the next year (a major possibility) I end up moving to one of the buroughs I will publish on m4Carbine the process' I have to go through to get a permit to have my long guns in my apartment.

I have been to New York on several occasions, more than I could count on both hands. I have played in many touring bands, and seen the city on numerous family/personal trips. I'm don't mean to diss New York, but it has become a hydra headed monster. It does embody much of the American spirit/experience, but has veered horrendously off track IMO.
I'm glad you are trying to help build awareness and educate about guns up there, more power and good luck to you! Organize that shit with other like-minded individuals and the sky is the limit.

Mac5.56
09-29-10, 16:35
Meaning they were better pre 9/11? Nationally, gun laws have improved a great deal since 9/11. I don't know what specific changes took place in NYC since 9/11, but it's never been a gun friendly place, that's for sure.

No I know it's never been very gun friendly, but it is also somewhat understandable. You can still see the bullet holes in the steel fencing from the crack wars in parts of Brooklyn. My uncle is the chief editor of a major daily rag that has a famous section titled "Page___". When we have a chance to meet up, he tells me stories of the late 70's early 80's. The city was a war zone for a very long time, and people from outside the city don't really realize that. They see Time Square and think NYC is some sort of liberal Ivory Tower where only rich people live.

I've never understood NYC's relationship with firearms, but I have a feeling it has something to do with drive by shootings, stray bullets killing people on the Manhattan Public Library steps, and police officers that have a tendency to have 8 hits out of 60+ bullets every other year.

Trust me it has gotten worst post 9/11. A friend of mine just had her father drop off an old antique prop revolver from Broadway in the 80's at her house upstate because of the new law banning on all "toy guns that look like real guns" law.

pilotguyo540
09-29-10, 20:09
I too live behind enemy lines. Skyyr and THCDDM4, thank you for your preaching today. It can be difficult to remember that I am on right side when the world around me is always telling me I am wrong. That doesn't sound quite right. I think you get my point. What was the breaking point for the colonists in the 1770's? How far is too far? This socialist machine has gained too much power in my state to be stopped at the polls. Unions and government accounts for well over half of the state. I don't remember the exact number.

Mac5.56, I feel for you and wish you the best of luck. You did say that it is not worth getting arrested for. It would suck. There are a lot f people who have been imprisoned, tortured, and died ruthless deaths defending these principals. In retrospect, a night in the pokey aint so bad. Nobody wants to stand up and get knocked down. I dont blame you one bit. If nobody stands up, we lose. We have to stand to together. (this is the part where people with ideas interject where the people with ideals leave off.)

variablebinary
09-29-10, 21:38
But, I say this having actually been to NYC, so those of you that haven't visited, maybe you should refrain from your assumptions...

Visit?

How does that trump 28 years in, born in Coney Island hosptial, and growing up in East New York when it really was a melting pot of Jews, Puerto Ricans, Blacks, Italians and Irish.

New York is a sewer now. It has nothing in common with the city Sinatra sang about. There is no melting pot. Political correctness murdered that concept

Now it is more like balkanized enclaves of tribes who don't give two shits about neighbors, intermixed with yuppie scum trash, and far leftist, pseudo intellectual activists

What tied us all together back then is dead.

Alex V
09-30-10, 08:02
I will agree that most of my "neighbors" are not on my side.

In my office I am the only one who owns ANY firearm. Aside for one of the office people's spuces who is in law enforcement and that person only has the issued weapon.

When discussing the right to carry I always get "why would you need that?" "Oh my god, can you imagine people carrying guns on them all the time, that is scary" to which I answed, "Ever been tof Florida/Disney?"

Asshats...

Many people in NJ are so ignorant to firearms its scary! And people by nature fear that which they do not know or understand.

It will take for ever to change these peoples' minds if it is possible at all.

But **** it, if the minority of gun haters can inact laws to take away my rights, a minority of gun lovers can make laws to give my rights back to me.

Mac5.56
09-30-10, 22:02
Visit?

How does that trump 28 years in, born in Coney Island hosptial, and growing up in East New York when it really was a melting pot of Jews, Puerto Ricans, Blacks, Italians and Irish.

New York is a sewer now. It has nothing in common with the city Sinatra sang about. There is no melting pot. Political correctness murdered that concept

Now it is more like balkanized enclaves of tribes who don't give two shits about neighbors, intermixed with yuppie scum trash, and far leftist, pseudo intellectual activists

What tied us all together back then is dead.

No wonder your so bitter and you live in Utah. It all makes sense now.

I think NY is still a unique place, but hey what do I know, obviously nothing...

You know Varial I'm from where you live now. Maybe when I'm back there in several months I'll shoot you a pm and we can meet face to face. I think we would both find that we are pretty similar.