PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at UT

parishioner
09-28-10, 14:04
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-09-28-university-texas-gunman_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Gunman kills self after opening fire at the University of Texas. He was only casualty.

kwelz
09-28-10, 17:15
They claim he had an "assault rifle" and called it an AK47. Good money says it was a Marlin Model 60 or something similar.

ForTehNguyen
09-28-10, 17:26
glad nothing happened, I have a cousin and family friend that go there.

Could be an SKS with an AK mag, MSM gets those mixed up with an AK a lot also

parishioner
09-28-10, 17:59
They must have edited the the article I posted because it originally said it was an automatic weapon. Im going to say highly unlikely it wasn't.

austinN4
09-28-10, 20:15
The headline crawl at the bottom of the screen on Fox News said "automatic" all day long. Not saying is wasn't but we all know the odds are greater it was a semi.

Belmont31R
09-28-10, 20:25
Schools will continue to be a prime target so long as they remain gun free zones. Thousand....tens of thousands of unarmed people in a small area....

skyugo
09-28-10, 23:20
at least he was gracious enough not to shoot anyone else. Not much anyone there could do to stop him unfortunately.

M4Fundi
09-28-10, 23:41
Back when I was a journalist I did a story on the 30th Anniversary of the Whitman shooting and all the eye witnesses I interviewed told me that the only reason he didn't kill MANY more people was on account of lots of citizens showed up quickly with hunting rifles and kept him pinned down. The local LEOs all had revolvers and shotguns and if it wasn't for armed citizens the death toll would have been much higher. You never hear about that factoid in the press today:(

skyugo
09-29-10, 00:12
Back when I was a journalist I did a story on the 30th Anniversary of the Whitman shooting and all the eye witnesses I interviewed told me that the only reason he didn't kill MANY more people was on account of lots of citizens showed up quickly with hunting rifles and kept him pinned down. The local LEOs all had revolvers and shotguns and if it wasn't for armed citizens the death toll would have been much higher. You never hear about that factoid in the press today:(

I heard they found a lot of brick dust in his eyes from shots hitting near him...
One of the guys who went up on the observation deck to stop him was a civilian as well.

ForTehNguyen
09-29-10, 07:27
it reignited the conceal on campus debate again there was suppose to be an appearance for a CHL advocate. Conceal on campus was proposed last legislative session with huge support but didnt have enough time to put it up on the schedule. Texas only meets every 2 years so somewhat hard to get stuff done in a way.

austinN4
09-29-10, 15:14
Friends: University of Texas Shooter Was Kind, Quiet, Brilliant
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/friends-university-of-texas-shooter-colton-tooley-was-kind-quiet-brilliant/19653489

kaiservontexas
09-29-10, 15:15

Yep it kept his head down as two made their way up to the top. One became a Texas Ranger I believe later on his career.

GermanSynergy
09-29-10, 15:51
Wow. The ex wife went to grad school there.