PDA

View Full Version : Another bolt not held open malf

wolf_walker
09-28-10, 21:41
New weapon, spikes middy upper, Tac Inno t15 lower, unknown LPK.
Functions fine, I observe the bolt catch when pushed either by hand or a mag is full up and is barely touching the locking lugs on the bolt. I pulled the bolt catch and checked the spring and buffer and it's correct and they do depress below the level of the receiver opening so they are not the problem, bolt catch moves freely, it just physically cannot move up far enough to make good contact with the bolt.

Out of spec bolt catch, yes?

Robb Jensen
09-28-10, 22:32
On most Tac Ino billet lowers I've had to shorten the bottom of the bolt catch to allow full range of motion.

wolf_walker
09-28-10, 22:34
On most Tac Ino billet lowers I've had to shorten the bottom of the bolt catch to allow full range of motion.

That is interesting to hear, seeing as it's the same outfit. But this is a standard lower, not billet. T-15 I think they designate it. Guy I got it from has an identical one been up and running for a long while, he's pretty sure it was the same LPK used, but it's been awhile ago.
Have not had time to get to his place and compare.

Edit: If someone has a bare lower and wants to stick a precision measuring stick in the bolt catch slot I'd be curious to hear how deep it ought to be.