PDA

View Full Version : Govt profile dimensions

Frens
09-29-10, 11:43
I'm finally getting ready to have my 20'' HBAR reprofiled to Govt profile.. sell&buy a new barrel is not an option over here :rolleyes:

a competent machinist will do the job but he's new to ARs and doesnt have the correct dimensions..

so, where can I find a nice drawing for him?

thanks,
Frens

Quib
09-29-10, 12:09
IM sent.

jasonhgross
09-29-10, 12:14
why govt profile, why not go with a lightweight profile. BTW, ADCO does good work and has deep experience in this area.

Eurodriver
09-29-10, 21:56
why govt profile, why not go with a lightweight profile. BTW, ADCO does good work and has deep experience in this area.

I'm guessing....oh I dunno, the fact that he is in Italy?

I pulled up some info off Fedex.

* Denotes required field Clear all fields

1. Ship From / To
Help Edit
From: St petersburg, 33704, United States | To: Florence, 50123, Italy on September 29, 2010.

2. Package and Shipment Details
Help Edit
Package Details: 1 package, 5.00 lbs, Your Packaging, 20 in x 3 in x 4 in, 100.00 USD.

3. Rates and Transit Times
Help
Amounts are shown in USD
Select Delivery Date/Time Service Rates
In the shortest time possible. Call 1·800·Go·FedEx for availability and rate. FedEx International Next Flight®
Mon Oct 4, 2010 8:00 PM FedEx International Priority® 128.08
Wed Oct 6, 2010 8:00 PM FedEx International Economy® $123.16

More information about your results:

* Important for Customs: To prevent delays, your shipment must have the following customs documents attached: Commercial Invoice, Certificate of Origin, Shippers Export Declaration. Additional clearance documents may also be required. For more information, please visit our international tools site.
* For countries where zip/postal code or city name can be entered, it is recommended that zip/postal code be entered to obtain a more accurate number of available services.

FedEx measurement tools
Currency Converter

So we're looking at around $260 in shipping plus whatever Adco charges not to mention the 3-4 week turn around time and the possibility of it being held up in Customs.....

Frens
09-30-10, 06:01
yup I cant ship it to ADCO... I'd need a import/export license :rolleyes:

Quib's IM helped a lot, thank You ;)

what about the refinishing... should I reparkerize it or use Duracoat/GunKote?
How well do those paints protect from rust?

Frens
09-30-10, 06:36
why govt profile, why not go with a lightweight profile.

I like the feel of the A2 profile but the main reason is that italian government test fire every single weapon and put his own marks on the barrel...I cant legally remove them

AR15barrels
09-30-10, 12:59
I like the feel of the A2 profile but the main reason is that italian government test fire every single weapon and put his own marks on the barrel...I cant legally remove them

Hey Frens...

Not sure what Quib sent you, but I have pretty good dimensions on A2 barrels if you need my drawing.

I have over 200 profile drawings that I made from measuring actual AR barrels.

http://ar15barrels.com/gfx/drawings.jpg

Frens
09-30-10, 13:11
Hi Randal,
could you IM me one of your drawing?
the more info I have the better :D