PDA

View Full Version : W E Birdsong Black-T Finish

rbgsig226
09-29-10, 11:50
W E Birdsongs Black-T and Green-T Finish is what I have used on my Handguns, Shotgun, Emerson Knives and soon to be AR-15 since 1999. Walter Birdsong was one of the most genuine Business Owners I have ever met. He would answer his own phone, then call yah back on his dime and explain the complete process he used to put his finish on all types of metal. Throughout those days, Walter didn’t advertise to the general public, only to Military and Law Enforcement. Walter passed in July 2009 and will be deeply missed. His Son’s, that have always been with him in the business are continuing his Legacy of producing one of the best Metal Finishes in the Industry. They now advertise to the general public and have a website (see below). I am getting my Sig 226 (Green-T), back Oct 1. After a few more paychecks will be sending my Bushmaster AR-15 off, not sure what color, as they have some new ones worth checking out. Might get it like this AR in Green-T (see Photo).

Website www.black-t.com

W. E. Birdsong & Associates, INC.
1435 Monterey Road
Florence, MS 39073

Phone: 601 939-7448
Fax: 601 936-3081

Emails:
susan@black-t.com
wally@black-t.com
tyler@black-t.com
frank@black-t.com

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab190/rbgsig226/Aug20092027820Medium.jpg

bullseye
09-29-10, 12:42
i went by monday, and dropped off a 20''BCM to be black-t'ed, one of several i have had done. i really used to enjoy shooting the breeze with ''bird', as he was a very entertaining character. his boys, wally and tyler, who run the busines now, are fine people too. a little plug for them, but this is a fine time of the year to send your stuff in, they were mostly working on navy contract stuff monday. tyler was real spizzed that i brought a battlecomp to put on my rifle,, he wanted to install it on his AR and try it. naturally i told him to enjoy himself, try it on his M4, then my 20'' when finished.

rbgsig226
09-29-10, 13:07
Bullseye - I know exactually what you mean, when you called you had better set aside 30 min to an hour and been comfortable at the time, there was no "quick call" to Walter. That man was a true southern gentleman and he raised some fine Son's. I have been dealing with Tyler to get my Sig and Emerson Knives done and I have got the same kind of Service that I got from Walter. When I had all my other things done I was living in Vermont, so a trip in person never worked out. Now that I live in Texas and the Birdsong shop is only 7 hours away, I plan to drive my AR-15 and Mossberg 590 over so I can visit. Really looking forward to having my Sig226 and Emerson blades back on Friday.

demkofour
09-29-10, 13:50
Several years ago I also had the unique pleasure of talking to Walt by phone. Ditto on what's been said- he was a great guy to talk to and took the time and care to let you know just how much he appreciated your business. I had a NJSP trade-in P7M8 refinished in Black-T and Green-T at Walt's suggestion and it came out great.
I was sorry to hear of his passing but love the fact that his legacy lives on in his family. I could not recommend his finishes more!

G34Shooter
09-29-10, 14:29
R.I.P. Mr. Birdsong

hitman1012
09-29-10, 20:43
He does some great work. Do they take the rifle apart and then do it? I am guessing so, since the control parts are all black. I think this looks better than when some places paint right over everything.

rbgsig226
09-30-10, 07:31
Demkofour - My first Sig I was going to get just Black-T, and Walter suggested I try the Black and Green T, He told me if I didn't like it to send it back and he would do it all Black-T. Walter was right, it looked awesome.

Hitman1012 - Yes, their people are fully trained Armorer’s and completely disassemble the weapon, surgically clean it, then dip all pieces except the inside of the barrel. That is why, besides the actual finish itself is why I like it, all screws, springs etc, are protected. It is not just a spray on, external type of thing.

deuce9166
09-30-10, 07:45
Walt was a great guy, I remember him telling me about his Glock 19 that had an extremely low serial number. I have had 7 guns Black-T'd over the years. It is a great finish.