PDA

View Full Version : TA11H-308 ACOG Info from Trijicon

aml
09-29-10, 18:38
Just as an FYI for anyone...I have done some research on several sites and found different information regarding how to sight in a TA11H-308 ACOG (i.e., which portion of the reticle to use to sight in, and which grain weight the BDC is calibrated for).

Well, I sent an e-mail to Trijicon's technical support department and received the information requested, and am including it here in case anyone else is looking for the answer.

Needless to say, I was pleased with the quick and detailed information I received.

Stay safe,

Alan

Reply I received:

Alan,

Thank you for your patronage of Trijicon products!

The TA11H-308 is optimized for a 175 grain .308 projectile traveling at 2810 fps. You will notice very little deviation out to 400 meters using 168 grain projectiles. As your distance to target increases, the deviation between the actual bullet flight path and the reticle will increase. Spending a little time on the range with your rifle/optic and your particular ammunition will be very valuable to you.

The small (2moa) center dot is your 100 meter point of aim/point of impact.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Again, thank you and BE SAFE!

Sincerely,
David Spencer (Det. Capt. Ret.)
Law Enforcement Technical Services
Trijicon Military & Law Enforcement Div.
(800)338-0563 Ext. #146
dspencer@trijicon.com

fastpat
12-10-10, 11:43
Excellent information, thanks for this post.

Did you go with the red reticle or the green reticle?