PDA

View Full Version : Which LPK?

fivefivesix
09-29-10, 19:10
as im learning im changing out parts, for better parts. next on the chopping block is the dpms lpk. that being said is daniel defense lpks any good? i know grant said his are comparable to bcm lpk's.i searched and everytime i do it goes to internet connection not found

Iraqgunz
09-29-10, 19:17
Daniel Defense LPK's are good and so are Stag Arms. Grant's kits are very nice and I have used them in a few builds.

I wouldn't buy anything from DPMS. But, I am an elitist.

Hmac
09-29-10, 19:21
I didn't want to be stuck with and LPK trigger or grip so I just picked out the parts individually, Colt bolt catch and mag release, springs from Brownells (in 3-packs:)), detents from KNS, safety from BAD. Grip and trigger guard from Magpul, buffer tube from VLTOR, trigger from Geissele.

fivefivesix
09-29-10, 19:25
hey iraqgunz is dd bcg comparable to or better than a bcm bcg

Iraqgunz
09-29-10, 19:30
They are both HP/ MPI tested and inspected and staked properly (at least all of those that I have seen).

I am sure that either of them will be a good choice.

hey iraqgunz is dd bcg comparable to or better than a bcm bcg

fivefivesix
09-29-10, 19:50
thank you sir

SpeedRacer
09-29-10, 21:25
Another vote for the DD lower kit. The trigger is one of the nicest mil-spec units I've felt, and it comes with a Magpul MOE trigger guard which is a plus.

crusader377
09-29-10, 22:03
FWIW, I had very good luck with the Charles Daly LPK. I picked one up on gunbroker for $49 NIB.

Dunderway
09-30-10, 00:07
I used one DD lpk which seemed to be good quality. I just received two G&R lpks today and gutted my first build (DPMS lpk bought during Obamamania) for Grant's kit. Difference in quality was VERY noticeable, and it makes me feela little warm and fuzzy to see LMT stamped on my selector and bolt catch.

For the price the G&R kits are hard to beat IMHO.

Rated21R
09-30-10, 10:15
Another vote for G&R parts kit. Great combo of stuff for a great price.

wolf_walker
09-30-10, 20:47
I don't read much about LWRC's kit..

http://www.lwrci.com/p-149-lwrci-traditional-lower-parts-kit.aspx

un-notched hammer and has the shiny nickel plating, single stage trigger.

evolixsurf
09-30-10, 23:14
Cant believe no one has recommended the Rock River Arms National Match kit... Its sweet. You could even have the trigger further tuned to your liking if your just not feeling it....

TehLlama
09-30-10, 23:47
On a budget the G&R and WOA are unbeatable (handpicket CMT/LMT and RRA respectively).

DD LPK's are great (see Palmetto State's packages with triggers), then there's the BCM and LMT Complete lowers.
If you're not price adverse there's no reason not to go Colt on an LPK (for a classIII stamp lower)

I've got two good (so far) and one bad DPMS kits, so I'm done using them on fighting guns.