PDA

View Full Version : Weaver V3

LettersFromEarth
07-15-07, 00:46
I have a Weaver 1-3x20 optic that I run in a LARUE SPR mount. My plan is to take same w/me to the 'box' on my next deployment as a back up to my ACOG NSN. Anyone using a V3 either in the real world or at play please share your exp.

C4IGrant
07-15-07, 11:52
I have a Weaver 1-3x20 optic that I run in a LARUE SPR mount. My plan is to take same w/me to the 'box' on my next deployment as a back up to my ACOG NSN. Anyone using a V3 either in the real world or at play please share your exp.

I have looked at them in the past. Think they are "OK" for plinking and maybe even hunting, but wouldn't use one for duty.

C4

PrarieDog
07-15-07, 23:12
I have had one for the last few months and I am happy about it. Weaver makes a decent optic. I would use it for a back up only if I were you going overseas.

Robb Jensen
07-16-07, 05:31
As C4I said it's okay for a cheap scope. I put one on my wifes 3gun rifle in an Armalite mount. It works well for that but I wouldn't use it for anything heavy duty or for possible gunfighting. This is a game gun, if the scope goes down the most that will happen is doing poorly in a match.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/gunpics/72b5098c.jpg

LettersFromEarth
07-17-07, 22:07
Thanks, all. Not alot out there as far as 25mm tubes go and w/a wife and four kids...price is a point I had to contend with. But all this might be a moot point now. Im thinking about selling the mount/optic as I wont be deploying w/my ACOG now. I will be going back to my AIMPOINT and will use the $$$ to finance a new dot sight to back up same. I was thinking:confused: of posting on AR15.com in the EE section but my log in isnt working right now so... :mad: