PDA

View Full Version : My Stealthy Rifle BOB

motorwerks
09-29-10, 21:44
Stealthy So my whole system is in tiers and broken down, this is just a part of it and if I have gotten to this part S.hasHTF. The first section has First aid, an MRE, a Spot for a handgun in a hidden compartment, extra mags, Light batterys that kind of stuff, so in this bag I didnt see the need for first aid.

Anyhow it started is life as a Condor Mini drag bag, then I added their T&T pouch, flashlight pouch, a couple of utility pouches and 2 camel back water carriers. The plan was to build it to hold my 14.5 and go undetected, as if it was just another backpack. Last month my wife and I went to San Francisco to watch a show, as a test I emptied it out of all of its evil stuff, and took it into the Hotel when we checked in. I walked all over the place and never once got even an odd look. It was like I was just wearing an odd looking backpack.

Here it is all put together the AR has to be broken down but its just 2 pins as we all know. I have it slung together so if you just pull the sling it comes out like a ripcord. Takes about 30 seconds from bag to battle, but again if I am to this point, Ill have a handgun to go to first.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e62/motorwerks/Guns/DSC_2886.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e62/motorwerks/Guns/DSC_2884.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e62/motorwerks/Guns/DSC_2881.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e62/motorwerks/Guns/DSC_2883.jpg

Main pack... holds a Rifle duh. Its a Smith and wesson lower, with the whole magpul treatment except the sights they are ARMS its running a bushmaster 14.5 barrel with a YHM free float tube its simple and weighs NOTHING.

Sides hold the water bottles and the flashlight pouch a Sirefire 6P or my G2 but they both hold the same bulbs and battery's as everything in this system.

Top on the outside holds All of the 20 round mags

Below that is the T&T pouch. I have eyes and Ears (surefire plugs so I can kind of hear whats going on around) Surefire weapons light battery's, maps of areas I may need if I am using this bag that kind of stuff.

and the bottom pouch holds an MRE.

Well there it is. I like to write about my gear so I can get input on how to make things better and it helps me think stuff through anyhow criticism is welcome. Thanks.

ewells2420
10-04-10, 13:59
looks nice, I want to setup something similar.

Naxet1959
10-04-10, 14:42
Very nice Motorwerks! I'm guessing you took the patches off in San Fransico?

pilotguyo540
10-04-10, 15:00
I like it!

Do you have room for belt or are you planning on having that on you already, as the S has already HTF?

mtneer13
10-04-10, 15:50
we have the same sofa/couch/loveseat...LOL...nice setup...

motorwerks
10-04-10, 23:53
Very nice Motorwerks! I'm guessing you took the patches off in San Fransico?

Nope. I even work my Embrace the suck, and shit magnet patches on my Jacket.

motorwerks
10-04-10, 23:55
I like it!

Do you have room for belt or are you planning on having that on you already, as the S has already HTF?

Yup it rides higher then my belt. I wouldnt be able to reach my Mag AR mags though. I think I'm going to have to rethink those.

motorwerks
10-04-10, 23:55
we have the same sofa/couch/loveseat...LOL...nice setup...

We just got these a few weeks ago I love them.

mtneer13
10-05-10, 19:33
we've had ours for 3 yrs...couch, loveseat and chaise...we love ours as well!!! sorry to hijack into a HGTV commercial:laugh:

motorwerks
10-07-10, 01:53
LOL no biggy that sounds like the same set. So funny, we got ours from a neighbor for what seemed cheap..... $1000.00 I hope we didnt get taken for a ride.

mtneer13
10-07-10, 07:36
sounds like an excellent deal...we payed between 2-3K for ours new, i can't remember how much exactly though...i sold a 2001 yamaha wolverine and a 2002 yamaha raptor that were just sitting in the garage for the new living room and dining room furniture that the wife wanted...and i even had enough for a new compound bow setup...:laugh:

jwfuhrman
10-07-10, 08:03
who makes the bag your using, thats a good idea!

motorwerks
10-07-10, 12:20
Most of it was Condor...

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/

one of the bags was 5.11 and the water bottle carriers are camelback.

aloharover
10-17-10, 10:38
Very nice set up.
Merely as an FYI...
Not sure how long you have had it, but I picked up some Condor items a couple years ago. Their padded rifle case, and a large GP molle pouch. Zippers and seams on both have failed, and two of the fastex buckles on the rifle case have snapped. :(

motorwerks
10-17-10, 12:34
Weird, I have had some of their stuff for years... this only a few months. Their customer service kind of sucks too. They wont really deal with the buyer, just the retailer. I was missing a strap on one of these pouches and they sent me one out but there was something else I questioned them about and they were no help whatsoever.

GTF425
10-17-10, 19:09
That's a pretty slick bag. Me likey.

Exodus11
10-19-10, 14:29
nice setup! thanks to a friend of myne, i am starting to get my 'end of the world scenario' stuff together and ready to move at a moments notice!

i also have a bunch of stuff from Condor...i really like it...am going to try out voodootactical soon as well...

EchoMirage
10-19-10, 18:39
i like it. but my question is this....it serves very well as a rifle/weapon bag. but then what? no food (other then one MRE), no shelter, fire making, clothes, tent/tarp......etc?

where would you actually be carrying this, and for what reason? or is this for the interim of time between normalcy and complete societal collapse?

ra2bach
10-24-10, 21:59
I checked your link, not seeing your bag. none have the molle like yours does.

can you find the exact one and post that link?

EchoMirage
10-24-10, 22:02
http://www.lapolicegear.com/tactical-micro-drag-bag.html

ra2bach
10-24-10, 22:12
http://www.lapolicegear.com/tactical-micro-drag-bag.html

ah, thanks. I guess I didn't scroll through all the pages...

btw, I found it cheaper here: http://www.battlefieldadventures.com/servlet/the-1014/CONDOR-MICRO-DRAG-BAG/Detail

no experience with these guys so caveat and all that...

motorwerks
10-25-10, 22:06
i like it. but my question is this....it serves very well as a rifle/weapon bag. but then what? no food (other then one MRE), no shelter, fire making, clothes, tent/tarp......etc?

where would you actually be carrying this, and for what reason? or is this for the interim of time between normalcy and complete societal collapse?

My handgun bag has an MRE to and I have a messenger bag that's stuffed with MRE's, and a Water filter. Everything else is out in the garage in tubs and would go into my truck. Its a work in progress.

Spade
10-29-10, 22:21
I like the idea behind this. I was looking for quite a while for a pack with the option to carry a rifle. I finally settled on an Eberlestock Phantom. Although not as stealthy as yours obviously I still dig it. Keep working on it man, you have a good start.

luckyguy1
11-01-10, 21:50
it looks awesome, and very practical.

but the word stealthy does not come to mind when I see it.

to me, if I saw you with it on the street or in the woods would tell me, "this guy has a gun on him and lots of expensive gear"

now if I were a street rat or other hoodlum, I would be looking to shadow you and ambush you for your stuff.

sure we all run that risk while on foot, but as a LEO that stuff stands out to me, mostly because I see fellow cops carrying similar gear at work.

in a SHTF scene, the cops will spot you, and so will the bad guys.

but it does look like an awesome set up for sure.

BenBru
11-02-10, 15:11
I dig the idea. I think, like some of the other people have said, that I may find a pouch to hold some chow...

I really like the pack though. Do you use any inserts to hold your rifle still? If you run with it does it make noise?

motorwerks
11-02-10, 15:38
it looks awesome, and very practical.

but the word stealthy does not come to mind when I see it.

to me, if I saw you with it on the street or in the woods would tell me, "this guy has a gun on him and lots of expensive gear"

now if I were a street rat or other hoodlum, I would be looking to shadow you and ambush you for your stuff.

sure we all run that risk while on foot, but as a LEO that stuff stands out to me, mostly because I see fellow cops carrying similar gear at work.

in a SHTF scene, the cops will spot you, and so will the bad guys.

but it does look like an awesome set up for sure.

True besides I just started a Plate Carrier...... Ill stand out like a sore thumb. LOL
http://www.sacramentoblackrifle.com/product_p/cond-qpc.htm
I dig the idea. I think, like some of the other people have said, that I may find a pouch to hold some chow...

I really like the pack though. Do you use any inserts to hold your rifle still? If you run with it does it make noise?

Yeah I left the insert in it, It doesn't make a much noise at all but I haven't tried to run with it, I would imagine that the water sloshing around would make some sort of noise. I keep an MRE in the bottom pouch on the outside and between this and my other grab bag, I would be fine for a day or two, if I had time to and my wife or someone else I have a messenger bag loaded with 8 MRE's, a water filter and some other goodies. Then there's the Crates, of Camping/Survival gear int he garage, along with canned food in the pantry, and Frozen stuff in the Garage freezer. I would do pretty well for a month or two if I really had to.

I just haven't had time/money ti really stock up.