PDA

View Full Version : AR gift idea..cool or cheesy?

J-Dub
09-30-10, 09:09
So my best friend just had his 24th b-day, and it kinda slipped my mind....ya i feel like a d-bag.

SOOOO, to make it up to him i think i'm going to get him a semi-custom lower. I need to know if y'all think its a good idea, or cheesy.

He finished his 4yr service this year in the marines and in my "best rollmark" thread i saw a lower with the "anchor, globe, eagle" emblem as a rollmark.

I want to get that lower, then have "Kill'in Kilo Company - Semper Fi" laser engraved on the other side. He doesnt have an AR yet and of course he wants one, so i figure atleast with a lower he can get everything else off the internet mailed straight to his house...no FFL b.s. This would also be a christmas present

Good idea?

travistheone
09-30-10, 09:36
Hell yea that sounds like a great idea.

THCDDM4
09-30-10, 09:40
Hell eyah, I don't see how you could go worng with a custom engraved lower for the guy to start his build with, just get him a quality lower.

THats an awesome gift man.

SuicideHz
09-30-10, 09:51
Can we be friends? My 34th birthday is Sunday the 3rd. :p

Yes, that's a great gift idea.

lawusmc0844
09-30-10, 10:47
That lower is bad-ass isn't it? Yes definitely a great idea, even if he isn't the most moto Marine out there.

sonrider657
09-30-10, 14:54
Very cool idea. I would not mention to the FFL who transfers it to you that it is for someone else. No use raising any suspicions.

reign719
09-30-10, 17:07
That is one awesome birthday present!!

Stickman
09-30-10, 17:08
Good friends give guns.

Zeus
09-30-10, 17:24
Make it a quality lower, and it's one of the best "material" gifts one could give:)

devildogljb
09-30-10, 17:25
great damn idea wish i had some friends like you lol def get it for him

pilotguyo540
09-30-10, 17:27
My friends suck!

parishioner
09-30-10, 17:45
Cheesy? Hardly. My friends get me a 6 pack for my birthday if anything at all and I'm happy.

There is a chance I would do something borderline homosexual to one of my friends if they gave me a custom lower.

Suwannee Tim
09-30-10, 18:55
I gave my buddy a Spike's Tactical upper recently. But I have known him for 45 years.

El Cid
09-30-10, 19:40
That's a helluva great gift! You need any new friends? Lol!

Whootsinator
09-30-10, 19:57
Sounds like an awesome move to me. See if you can order it through Grant and have him install a G&R LPK and a Mil-Spec buffer tube too! That way you know he (I assume not knowing civilian ARs well, other than what was issued to him) gets started on the right track. After that, convince him to buy a BCM or 'better' upper, and you've REALLY helped him.

The_Hammer_Man
09-30-10, 20:19
Make sure you let the people doing the work that it's for a returning vet.

A) they might cut you some slack on the price...

B) they'll do it up right knowing that it's going to one of "ours".

Great gift idea...

If that's a "cheasy" give then make mine gorgonzola please!

DoomOnYou
09-30-10, 20:23
1: I dont think a right minded gun lover would ever say no to that.

2:I dont think a marine would ever say no to almost any firearm.

mikeross506
10-01-10, 13:30
That lower is bad-ass isn't it? Yes definitely a great idea, even if he isn't the most moto Marine out there.

All Marines are Moto'd out of their minds! lol You could stamp the anchor on a pile of shit and they'd eat it up! haha just kidding guys!

mikeross506
10-01-10, 13:35

All Marines are Moto'd out of their minds! lol You could stamp the anchor on a pile of shit and they'd eat it up! haha just kidding guys!