PDA

View Full Version : gas tube roll pin too small???

truth hurts
09-30-10, 19:36
I am trying to finish the upper on my first build and am slightly perplexed by something. I have a mid-length gas tube from bravo and lost the pin before i could install it. So, I ordered areplacement from Brownells... Colt part #sp95108 or 160-300-009. I even bought the #1 roll pin starter punch to install. However, when i start to in sert the pin , it just falls straight through. What gives? Is the colt pin too small? I have a vltor low pro block, but i cant see how that would make a diff. This being my first, any help would be appreciated.

Iraqgunz
09-30-10, 19:57
The difference could be that the Vltor gas block is different. I would contact Vltor and ask them for a replacement. I am pretty sure that they will mail one to you.

I am trying to finish the upper on my first build and am slightly perplexed by something. I have a mid-length gas tube from bravo and lost the pin before i could install it. So, I ordered areplacement from Brownells... Colt part #sp95108 or 160-300-009. I even bought the #1 roll pin starter punch to install. However, when i start to in sert the pin , it just falls straight through. What gives? Is the colt pin too small? I have a vltor low pro block, but i cant see how that would make a diff. This being my first, any help would be appreciated.

Hmac
09-30-10, 20:32
My last build, I got a roll pin that came with the gas tube, and one that came with the VLTOR lo-pro gas block...both were the same size, which I believe is 5/64 x 5/16.

truth hurts
09-30-10, 20:40
My last build, I got a roll pin that came with the gas tube, and one that came with the VLTOR lo-pro gas block...both were the same size, which I believe is 5/64 x 5/16.

Not exactly sure of the dimension but i asked if it was standard before i bought it.

Iraqgunz
09-30-10, 20:49
PM me your address. I'll send a couple of milspec ones and you can try those out.

Not exactly sure of the dimension but i asked if it was standard before i bought it.

philkim52
03-14-11, 03:11
truth hurts, did the new gas tube roll pins work for you? I'm running into the same issue with my gas block; I ordered one from Brownells and the pin just falls straight through the hole. I figured it was out of spec and went to a local gun shop and bought two more, both of which fell straight through as well!