PDA

View Full Version : SPR OPTIC MOUNT QUESTIONS

1 Source
07-15-07, 11:47
I recently purchased a Daniel Defense SPR type upper(16in 1/7 twist Lothar Walther barrel,rails ect.)
I used ARMS High throw lever rings to mount a Leupold 1.5-5 Illuminated Reticle SPR scope,with one ring on the reciever and one ring just aheadof the lock ring on the railed forend.

Got a rough zero at 25yds(5 shots in one hole about 1.5 inches low)with 77gr black hills ammo.

Took it out to 100yds and was going OK but I bottomed out the elevation adjustment and am 6 inches high of Point of Aim at 100yds.

Is this a mount issue(too high/low) or a scope issue(not enough elevation adjustment) or am I ****ing this up some other way.?

C4IGrant
07-15-07, 11:50
I recently purchased a Daniel Defense SPR type upper(16in 1/7 twist Lothar Walther barrel,rails ect.)
I used ARMS High throw lever rings to mount a Leupold 1.5-5 Illuminated Reticle SPR scope,with one ring on the reciever and one ring just aheadof the lock ring on the railed forend.

Got a rough zero at 25yds(5 shots in one hole about 1.5 inches low)with 77gr black hills ammo.

Took it out to 100yds and was going OK but I bottomed out the elevation adjustment and am 6 inches high of Point of Aim at 100yds.

Is this a mount issue(too high/low) or a scope issue(not enough elevation adjustment) or am I ****ing this up some other way.?

It is a VERY bad ideal to mount one ring on the receiver and one on the rail!!!

Buy a LT SPR mount or if you shoot nose to charging handle, get the SPR-EER.

C4

1 Source
07-15-07, 11:55
It is a VERY bad ideal to mount one ring on the receiver and one on the rail!!!

Buy a LT SPR mount or if you shoot nose to charging handle, get the SPR-EER.

C4

Ya know,
I figured it may have had something to do with that.
Is there a pretty big height disparity between th various rails normally?

kevin/aac
07-17-07, 20:41
I really like the KAC SPR mount. We have they on our deom rifle and they have worked out very well.

http://www.knightarmco.com/mod_weapons_2.htm

p/n: 25284