PDA

View Full Version : Handguards for a Colt Commando

Michael Brown
09-30-10, 23:55
Will this DD handguard work on a Colt Commando?

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=75

I'm likely going to be issued one at work and am looking for a better rail system that the one that's on it.

I'd like to get my VFG as far forward on the handguard as the barrel length will allow and this looks like the longest that will still accomodate a front sight post (which I cannot modify).

Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Michael Brown

pezboy
10-01-10, 12:08
Yes it will. I have never used that particular rail but I have used the DD RIS II rails (which use virtually the same mounting system) and they are good to go.
Dustin

TriumphRat675
10-01-10, 16:12
Keep in mind you will have to remove the FSB to install the rail - if policy won't let you remove it this won't work for you.

I would really like to see an Omega rail in this configuration.

LOKNLOD
10-01-10, 16:30
Mike,
I've got the 9.5FSP on my Colt 6933, it's a good setup, especially if you can't modify the FSB and are running a vert grip. My only complaint is burning the crap out of my thumb reaching over to the light switch. I will probably be swapping it out for a 10 or 11" rail soon with a low-pro block just because of that.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/LOKNLOD/a3214dfe.jpg

TriumphRat675
10-01-10, 16:36
I apologize in advance for completely jacking this thread.

Josh, I'm getting a 6933 (hopefully in the next month or so - hurry up, BATFE :mad:) and I have two questions on that set-up:

1) how do you like the BABC and how much of a difference does it make for you re: blast and controllability on that 11.5 bbl, and

2) how is that light/lens holding up so close to the muzzle?

LOKNLOD
10-01-10, 16:52
I apologize in advance for completely jacking this thread.

Josh, I'm getting a 6933 (hopefully in the next month or so - hurry up, BATFE :mad:) and I have two questions on that set-up:

1) how do you like the BABC and how much of a difference does it make for you re: blast and controllability on that 11.5 bbl, and

2) how is that light/lens holding up so close to the muzzle?

No problem Alex - shoot me a PM if you want more info than this:

1A) I love the BattleComp and it makes a huge difference over the A2. It won't be too long before all my rifles have them, I think. Check out the BattleComp videos page, I'm on there shooting this gun ;) I highly recommend the BC. (Just a BC 1.0, not a BABC, those are for 6.8/7.62 guns).

2A) So far it's alright, with, probably close to 1000 rounds (mostly with the BC installed). The bezel has taken a beating, and I can't get all the char off, but it is all plastic. I think the metal bezel of other lights would probably fare better. The lens has gotten real smokey but I was able to clean it up pretty well when I cleaned the rifle recently with some WD40 on a rag.

TriumphRat675
10-01-10, 17:01
BC vs. BABC, got it. I haven't been paying much attention till now but those vids are badass, way to be famous!

Cool, I made a poor man's scout light out of a executive elite w/ an led head and will see how that holds up.

Threadjack over.