PDA

View Full Version : "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yeild, and government to gain gr

Belmont31R
10-01-10, 10:54
Its true. We are in a state of being where President of the US is making neat little videos telling you why the government cannot give you more of your money, and that it actually cost them money.

This logic is a complete 180 of how things should be, and basically assumes everyones money is really the governments, and they are just letting you keep some of it but not all of it because it costs them money. By logic it cannot cost you anything if the money was never yours to begin with. But the only logical way to agree with a tax cut costing the government money if that money is really theirs in the first place.

If a person cannot watch this, and conclude this administration is out of its mind, and nothing but far left ideologically driven then they are a waste of a human being, anti-freedom, stupid, and deserve to have everything taken away from them by the government. What happen's when the government cannot "afford" to even let you keep half your earnings, and they make a video saying unless we get 60% they are going to have to borrow more money. Exactly where is that line? Is there a line at all? These people are attempting to slide step there way right into a communistic style state right here in America where the gov is the all provider, and being all the all provider of everything means people don't need much money on their own. What do you need money for if we give you everything and take care of you craddle to grave? Remember these so called rich people are also paying state and local taxes so its entirely plausible a rich person without a lot of deductions could very well be paying 60%+ of their income into taxes? Especially in a place like NYC or some other progressive controlled area. We are a lot closer to people paying almost all their income into taxes than these people paying almost nothing. Many of these rich people are business owners, and that means the rest of us suffer. We face higher prices at stores to make up for the cost, reduced benefits at our jobs, lower pay, fewer raises if any, hell maybe even a pay cut if we want to stay employed.

But remember what MOST of these taxes are going to pay for. Entitlement programs make up around 2/3rds of just the Federal budget, and that doesn't even include the huge amounts the states are paying into these programs, too. How much to things like the Earned Income Credit "cost"? We can "afford" that but not the 70 billion a year not extending all the tax cuts would cost?

We really can't "afford" for no one in this country to pay no more than 20% in taxes? What is so damn important a 20% maximum tax rate for all taxes combined could not work? Hell we made it from 1791-1913 without a personal income tax at all. How'd we manage to do that? We had the War of 1812, the Civil War, Indian Wars, and the country was expanding West as fast as a horse could pull a wagon. We quickly became the biggest economic boom the world has ever seen.

Now with a much more powerful government, and our more successful citizens being taxed over half their wealth we are in stagnation, and the country is no better off from just about any perspective. We owe foreign investors trillions of dollars, we have over 100 trillion in future liability we have no way to pay for, and these dimwits have us distracted with a 70 billion a year tax cut. How about the fact our economic model of freedom is ****ing crushed, and we have no hope in gaining it back anytime soon because both political parties are in collusion. What would people say in 1770 if the British were taxing the colonists at 50-60%?

Our country was founded on individual liberty and free enterprise. How can anyone believe that is the case anymore? No we are quickly becoming slaves to the government where our own earnings are not really ours anymore, and where a business cannot make many of its own decisions. Then their earnings are taxed to death. Who are they in business for? Themselves or the government? Its sounding more like the government each and every day. They decide who you can do business with, how you do that business, what wages you have to pay, what benefits you have to give out, who you can hire, and then take half your profits away through taxes and mandatory spending. You have the government lawyers in court arguing the 2nd Amendment does not apply to citizens, and that they have the power to tell you what to spend what money you have left over from taxes on mandatory products and services you must buy or face fines/taxes. If you don't pay those fine/taxes for not spending money on what they tell you to buy you can end up in jail. Heaven forbid a parent or relative dies. They'll tax a dead persons money at 50%. Even when you die you still gotta give half your money to the government.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma5np8PcaY8

Palmguy
10-01-10, 11:38
Excellent post.

THCDDM4
10-01-10, 11:49
Very good post.
We are several generations overdue for a revolution and restructuring of our government. I actually get very pissed at older generations who could have (****ING SHOULD HAVE!) done something about this crap back in the 70's when there wasn't so much damned technology & Govt. control that is making a true revolt almost impossible these days...

Will we be the ones to finally say it is enough and stop the enslavement? I'm hoping so. I want my children to live a free and soverign life, and nothing short of massive revolt will get us back on that path. Our forefathers sustained great loss to provide for us future generations, it is time to make the same sacrifice and ensure our children are not born into slavery in the form of insermountable debt and complete government control.

Decisions must be made and actions must be taken.

When will Newtons third law catch up? The actions of this Government require quite a reaction; especially considering that reaction has been brewing for around 100 years now...

500grains
10-01-10, 15:14
This is the essence of positivism vs. natural law.

Moose-Knuckle
10-01-10, 17:34
Freedom ended in this country on 23 December 1913 with the enactment of the Federal Reserve System.

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country.

A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." - Woodrow Wilson 28th President of the United States 1916

parishioner
10-04-10, 20:40
Analysts everywhere agree that allowing people to keep the money they earned, is the least effective way to grow the economy? Really? I didn't know that.

So allowing the private individual to invest their own money how they see fit is just downright retarded but giving up more of your income to government will get the economy growing. I mean, of course! Duhhh! What was I thinking? The government has repeatedly shown us how responsible they are fiscally.

You know what? I'm glad. I'm beginning to come to terms with the fact Liberalism is a disease and the only thing "progressive" about it is the rate at which they are destroying the fabric of the nation. I feel that liberal ideology has slowly infiltrated, starting decades ago and is becoming the norm. If you think the upcoming generations will stop it, don't count on it. They are too busy being indoctrinated in school and watching the next episode of "glee" to give a shit. Putting republicans in office only temporarily delays the inevitable fate that awaits us. I think I'm just going to vote democrat from now on to facilitate the process because, to me, the sooner we get backed into the corner, the better. I'm tired of the games. Lets get it over with.

Bolt_Overide
10-05-10, 01:21
Freedom ended in this country on 23 December 1913 with the enactment of the Federal Reserve System.

that pretty much sums it up.

ForTehNguyen
10-05-10, 07:51
Modern Liberalism is much different than what classical liberalism used to be about - the individual. Right now all we have are big govt Progressives in both parties. I've stopped referring to them as liberals and use the term progressives instead. I wouldnt mix Liberal and Progressives up if you think about liberals in the classic sense.

I would say it started with Lincoln's destruction of states rights. Fed Reserve system just put it on the express lane. The end of the Civil War started the proggressive movement and the paradigm shift that big govt needs to do everything, not the states.

thopkins22
10-05-10, 08:13
"If you ask objective economists and analysts...." By which he really means those that agree with them in the first place.

And yes, the biggest hits to freedom came from the Lincoln administration. I don't know what made central banking such a taboo topic in politics, because we've gotten rid of central banking several times in our nation's history(take a look at Andrew Jackson's tombstone,) the Federal Reserve that started in 1913 is only the most current.

variablebinary
10-05-10, 08:38
Yep. This has been well known for awhile now.

The iron law of oligarchy is a political theory, first developed by the German syndicalist sociologist Robert Michels in his 1911 book, Political Parties. It states that all forms of organization, regardless of how democratic or autocratic[citation needed] they may be at the start, will eventually and inevitably develop into oligarchies. The reasons behind the oligarchization process are: the indispensability of leadership; the tendency of all groups, not excluding the organization leadership, to defend their interests; and the passivity of the led individuals, more often than not taking the form of actual gratitude towards the leaders.

This sounds like us alright...

C4IGrant
10-05-10, 08:45
Good post.

C4

dookie1481
10-05-10, 10:18

According to WikiQuote this is incorrectly attributed to Wilson, FWIW.

Bubba FAL
10-05-10, 21:49
Amen, Belmont. Well said.

Shadow1198
10-11-10, 07:28
the Federal Reserve that started in 1913 is only the most current.

It is also the only one in our history that has ever been unconstitutionally given the authority to create our currency, and to do so above the law almost completely unchecked. It is a quasi-government private banking consortium whose member banks have a financially vested interest (and in some cases foreign controlling interests) in the monopoly with which they hold the financial future of our country in their collective hands. Giving a private bank the power to print money could not be a more obvious and perfectly evil proposition. What's more is it's so obvious yet most people have no clue. As they say in ebonics, "We be ****ed!"