PDA

View Full Version : CNN TV Anchor Fired Due To Racist Comments.

Safetyhit
10-01-10, 20:30
CNN TV anchor Rick Sanchez is fired due to racist comments on his radio show about Jews and comedian Jon Stewart. The Dems are turning on themselves now in almost every arena...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39464138/ns/today-entertainment/

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-01-10, 20:36
I'm stuck watching CNN a lot and I always thought Sanchez was second-tier because he was not that good.

What a shame, a cable news commentator lost his job. Where will we find someone to take his place??? ;)

Safetyhit
10-01-10, 20:48
...I always thought Sanchez was second-tier because he was not that good.

Wow, according to him in the radio segment you sound just like his hateful Jewish producer.

Man did he make an ass of himself. His career is toast being eyed by some birds in a nearby tree.

montanadave
10-01-10, 21:39
I always thought Sanchez was second-tier because he was not that good.

Bingo!

In the intellectual wasteland of cable news, Rick Sanchez established a new standard for mediocrity. And given the competition, that's no mean feat.

GermanSynergy
10-01-10, 22:02
Hilarious. Think More Snotty Nonsense By Commies will give him a job with Odorman and Madcow?

Skyyr
10-01-10, 22:24
Hilarious. Think More Snotty Nonsense By Commies will give him a job with Odorman and Madcow?

Oberman makes Pelosi's rants look like Shakespeare.

Caeser25
10-01-10, 22:52
Oberman makes Pelosi's rants look like Shakespeare.

:laugh: The chick that's after him is much worse though.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-01-10, 23:06
:laugh: The chick that's after him is much worse though.

That's a chick???

Sanchez always seemed odd to me. He seemed to want to enjoy subtlety playing up his non-WASPness, guess he had some issues.

500grains
10-01-10, 23:27
Odorman and Madcow?

That is very funny! I hope you will not mind if I pirate those names for future use elsewhere. :cool:

Mjolnir
10-02-10, 10:00
Newsflash: They ALL suck as do ALL of the cable non-news entertainment shows. There is precious little depth of analysis to ALL of them.

So he got fired... he should never have been hired. He forgets that "affirmative action" probably got him his position by the same bigots who later fired him for calling them out on their beliefs/practices.

Cannot say I have much concern for him; he chose that industry now he chooses to throw rocks at it. :sarcastic:

montanadave
10-02-10, 12:16
Don't worry about ol' Rick.

I hear he's in the running for "the weather guy" during the coveted Sunday morning drive time slot on Telemundo.

Cream always rises to the top.

Spiffums
10-02-10, 13:40
Well it's nice to see that some other race outranking the illegals err I mean Mexicans.

rljatl
10-02-10, 14:25
A different version of the same story:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20101002/D9IJH6G80.html

In summary, Sanchez was fired for calling Stewart a bigot, not for being a bigot.

Mjolnir
10-02-10, 15:40
A different version of the same story:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20101002/D9IJH6G80.html

In summary, Sanchez was fired for calling Stewart a bigot, not for being a bigot.

Yes, I'm not at all surprised but Stewart is jewish so "that dog don't hunt." You're sure to raise the hackles of the Elite when you make comments like that. You can find the transcripts of his interview and you will find more comments that would result in his dismissal.

Here are a summary of views/perspectives:

http://america-hijacked.com/2010/10/02/rick-sanchez-jews-run-cnn-all-media/

variablebinary
10-02-10, 15:54
Lesson learned: If you are a liberal the only Jews you can criticize are in Israel

Mjolnir
10-02-10, 16:22
Lesson learned: If you are a liberal the only Jews you can criticize are in Israel.
I don't think you can criticize them, either. Not if you want your reputation intact. And maybe your job...

If you are employed in the media and make any negative comments on Israel you're asking for it. It would be best to avoid the subject altogether unless you identify with Political Zionism.

Should be enough to make wise men question things but it apparently doesn't.

Longhorn
10-02-10, 18:13
I don't think you can criticize them, either. Not if you want your reputation intact. And maybe your job...

If you are employed in the media and make any negative comments on Israel you're asking for it. It would be best to avoid the subject altogether unless you identify with Political Zionism.

That's BS because there were and are plenty of agencies who call foul on the Israeli's on the blockades in Gaza/West Bank.

Stewart is a political commentator and comedian. If Sanchez gets butt-hurt over someone talking about him then he's in the right place in the unemployment line...

Basically, he bit the hand that fed him and got canned for it. I don't feel sorry for him what-so-ever.

500grains
10-02-10, 19:36
We need to fire Obama for making racist comments and having racist policies and attempting to exacerbate racial tensions. And for other reasons too.

Mjolnir
10-02-10, 19:54
That's BS because there were and are plenty of agencies who call foul on the Israeli's on the blockades in Gaza/West Bank.

Stewart is a political commentator and comedian. If Sanchez gets butt-hurt over someone talking about him then he's in the right place in the unemployment line...

Basically, he bit the hand that fed him and got canned for it. I don't feel sorry for him what-so-ever.
Have you read the transcript?

BrianS
10-03-10, 04:43

Really? Christiane Amanpour does routinely, she even embedded herself with palestinian terrorists on a mission to kill Israelis, IIRC.

I think wise men already know why Jewish groups are sensitive about that kind of talk.

But basically this Rick Sanchez is fired for going after a popular liberal show host, not saying anything racist from what I have read.

Mjolnir
10-03-10, 08:46
Really? Christiane Amanpour does routinely, she even embedded herself with Palestinian terrorists on a mission to kill Israelis, IIRC.

But basically this Rick Sanchez is fired for going after a popular liberal show host, not saying anything racist from what I have read.
I never said what Sanchez said was "racist". The fact that he questioned them in such a direct way sealed his fate. He had to have known the result. Perhaps he was ready to leave.

Amanpour does not tackle the heart of the issue, "Eretz Israel", and she doesn't have to as anyone who is truly interested can research the writings of Theodor Herzl, etc., etc.

The mirror reflects the source of the failings of Society; always.

I don't watch much non-news but I read everything I can find so my nose is in books, magazines, online journals and THEN the TV non-news. Does it take a helluva lot of time? Hell yes. Is it "worth" it? I surely think so, though most would disagree. That's cool, though: to each his/her own.

BrianS
10-04-10, 04:47
I never said what Sanchez said was "racist".

Many people have made the claim. The audio I heard he specifically said "Stewart only has people on the show who THINK like he does."

That is clearly a comment about ideology and not anti-semitic. As for Israel the true history is that the Jews moved there and bought land from the Arabs with the intention to peacefully coexist until the Arabs attacked them in 1948, not sure what you have read.

Mjolnir
10-04-10, 05:17
Many people have made the claim. The audio I heard he specifically said "Stewart only has people on the show who THINK like he does."

That is clearly a comment about ideology and not anti-semitic. As for Israel the true history is that the Jews moved there and bought land from the Arabs with the intention to peacefully coexist until the Arabs attacked them in 1948, not sure what you have read.

Yeah, that's a new one on me and it does fly against all that I've ever studied on the topic - not that it has anything to do with this thread. You could expand your research and come up with other versions of that history.

At any rate, Sanchez (who appeared to me to be "average" got fired for directly challenging his superiors. He was not the first and probably will not be the last.

BrianS
10-04-10, 05:59
Yeah, that's a new one on me and it does fly against all that I've ever studied on the topic - not that it has anything to do with this thread. You could expand your research and come up with other versions of that history.

That early Jewish settlers bought their land and that Israel was formed after the Partition plan collapsed when the Arabs attacked is well documented. My statements are in response to your ludicrous claims that people in the media can't criticize Israel, even though it happens all the time. I am always suspicious of those who approve of condemning Israel, because if you are aware of the following two facts there isn't much to criticize:

1. Israel has a right to exist.
2. Israel is at war with the Arabs because the Arabs are at war with Israel.

R/Tdrvr
10-04-10, 09:42
Well boo hoo. :rolleyes:

I remember when Sanchez was an anchor on the local news down in Miami. He was a douche then and became an even bigger douche when he got his own show on CNN. Good riddence.

Longhorn
10-04-10, 15:42
Have you read the transcript?

Yeah, I have from several sources...

Him saying

I'm telling you that everybody who runs CNN is a lot like Stewart, and a lot of people who run all the other networks are a lot like Stewart, and to imply that somehow they -- the people in this country who are Jewish -- are an oppressed minority? Yeah.

...was probably more of what got him canned then his comments about Stewart himself.

If there's something I'm not seeing, by all means show me. But I still say he bit the hand that fed him, which is no bueno in some "businesses" and this just happens to be one of them.

Mjolnir
10-04-10, 15:53
That early Jewish settlers bought their land and that Israel was formed after the Partition plan collapsed when the Arabs attacked is well documented. My statements are in response to your ludicrous claims that people in the media can't criticize Israel, even though it happens all the time. I am always suspicious of those who approve of condemning Israel, because if you are aware of the following two facts there isn't much to criticize:

1. Israel has a right to exist.
2. Israel is at war with the Arabs because the Arabs are at war with Israel.
Well, that's one version. Try reading Theodor Herzl (and there are others) but there is no need to hijack this thread. Suffice it to say the issues in the Middle East will not be going anywhere anytime soon.