PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Form Mistake Question

Apollo11
10-01-10, 22:12
If you have a form with all of the proper signatures on it, then you realize that you made a small error can you put a single line through it with initials and correct it with hand writing?

Hopefully you would not need to start the whole thing over due to a street address being incorrect.

Thanks gentlemen.

sandsunsurf
10-01-10, 23:07
My experience is that yes, you can. I wrote my name where the COP was supposed to write his. I put a line through it, and he wrote his and signed, and no problem (this was on a Form 4).

On another form (Form 1 for SBR), I put two numbers in the barrel length box and the examiner put a line through the larger number before returning the form to me.

If it was a pain to get it signed, I'd send it in. I know it sucks to take chances, but I think the odds are for you.

oef24
10-01-10, 23:30
I have seen Form 4's with wrong serial #'s crossed out and corrected before approval. It doesn't look good but it is official. Your stamp would be on your form. It is something you want to avoid but sometimes the dealer can make a mistake and instead of writing up a new form, they might just cross off the error and correct it. I have seen forms approved this way. I hope this helps.

O

LonghunterCO
10-02-10, 16:30
In my experience I would have to say yes also. I had submitted my form4 with the silencer that I was applying for on my schedule A as properity. Well on a receiver that own placing it on my schedule A (on a SBR form1) is ok, but as my examiner stated "you do not have permission to own it yet so you can not place it on your schedule A yet". Anyway she asked me to resend it to her with the silencer lined out and initialed.

strycnine
10-11-10, 17:11
I sent the wrong serial number one time:( They put a line through it and wrote it in down on the bottom.:D

Hmac
10-11-10, 17:18
The sheriff's captain signed my Form 1, but in the wrong place and neither he nor I wrote the name of the Sheriff anywhere. My examiner sent it back to me for correction, I called him on the phone to get guidance on how to do it to his satisfaction, he advised me, I sent it back and we were good to go, after a lot of crossing out, re-inserting, and initialing the corrections.