PDA

View Full Version : Light Placement & Support Hand Index

ErnieB
07-15-07, 18:09
I am looking for some input on how to mount my light (Surefire Scout with the clicker tailcap) so it does not interfere with my support hand index. I am a right handed shooter and index my support hand far up toward the end of the handguard. I currently run a VFG but I don't really use it. My light is mounted at 9 o'clock so I can actuate it with my support side thumb. I have it mounted as far forward on the rail as I can get it. I am trying to stay away from using a tape switch as my experience with them has been less than positive. I noticed Paul Howe mounts his light at 3'oclock and a tape swith at about 10 o'clock so he can nail it with his support hand. Ideally, would like to mount it at 6 o'clock (no shadows and no favored side for cornering and all) but it also inteferes with my index. 3 o'clock is a good compromise but it seems difficult to actuate the the light with the clicker tailcap. A Surefire M900 is not an option for me.

I also don't want to attach or hang anything off my barrel or front sight tower. Am I outta' luck? Should I be thinking 9" MRP style handguard? I currently have a 7" LaRue.

Va_Dinger,

I noticed your setup at 3 o'clock. Is the light easy to actuate without changing your support hand to a funky angle?

Just curious as to what others think about light placement.

Thanks for the iput gents..
Ernie

Jay Cunningham
07-15-07, 18:56
Best weapon light placement? (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=5500)

ErnieB
07-15-07, 20:15
Sorry........... I can"t believe I missed that thread..

PALADIN-hgwt
07-16-07, 14:10
xxxxx