PDA

View Full Version : M9 .22 Lr handgun

pbmaster2k89
10-02-10, 22:26
Has any1 seen or heard of an m9 converted into a .22 lr. i cant seem to find one so im assuming they dont exist. if someone has a link, please post it.

JHC
10-02-10, 22:48
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=974943

Pricey. I've seen a half dozen or so users say theirs ran well.

pbmaster2k89
10-02-10, 23:13
how bout the whole gun? is there an m9 offered as a 22?

Steve S.
10-02-10, 23:13
Looks like Midway discountinued that kit, but it's on gunbroker.com from time to time. I've always looked at it, but it's just too much money IMO.

Ceiner makes a kit for the M9/92/96 , but I've heard nothing but terrible things about both the kit and Ceiner as a company. If you decide to try a Ceiner, I suggest buying from retailer that has a good return policy. I believe the Ceiner kit is under $200.

Steve S.
10-02-10, 23:15
how bout the whole gun? is there an m9 offered as a 22?

No. And outside of the military, and a newer special edition gun, the civilian version is called the "92fs". Might be putting a crutch on your search when looking for "M9" parts.

NCPatrolAR
10-02-10, 23:15
I've never heard of a .22 M9. Beretta has started to release more of their 22 conversion kits; but those things are running around $300 IIRC.

Hound_va
10-03-10, 09:41
We use the Ceiner kits to teach folks who need to qualify on the M9. They're OK, somewhat picky about ammo, but the biggest downfall to them is the lack of a safety/decocking lever like the Beretta 22LR conversion kit slides have. Our primary use for them is to get people who have never fired an M9 started and familiar with the ergonomics of the pistol and sight usage.

LHS
10-03-10, 12:09
I have one of the Beretta factory .22LR conversion uppers, and have had issues with it. I have a 92G Elite, and it seems the hammer isn't powerful enough to reliably ignite .22 primers. I tend to get 'click-bang-click-click-bang-click-bang-click-click-click'. I don't have any light-strike issues with the gun using 9mm ammo as designed, but the .22 kit seems a no-go. I haven't had a chance to try it on a stock 92FS yet, though.

Also, the magazines are $40 each!

Steve S.
10-03-10, 17:41
I have one of the Beretta factory .22LR conversion uppers, and have had issues with it. I have a 92G Elite, and it seems the hammer isn't powerful enough to reliably ignite .22 primers. I tend to get 'click-bang-click-click-bang-click-bang-click-click-click'. I don't have any light-strike issues with the gun using 9mm ammo as designed, but the .22 kit seems a no-go. I haven't had a chance to try it on a stock 92FS yet, though.

Also, the magazines are $40 each!

I would be pissed if I were you. .22s can be picky, but that's just too many "clicks" to go with the "bangs" in my opinion. Have you tried contacting Beretta about the issue? Also, let me know the results when you get a chance to try it on the 92fs.

Hound_VA - Good to hear on the Ceiner. I have no first hand account with them for the Berettas, but I've shot several 1911 kits without issue. Again, I'm simply going by word of mouth on the quality of the kits and have no personal stake in it.

TBH I always hoped Ceiner worked them out because they are much more affordable. I feel like Beretta should throw in some lube with their kits... both for the gun and for the raping they give on the price.

jeremy stanke
10-03-10, 21:34
Have you tried contacting Beretta about the issue?

good luck with that, they dont have the greatest cs

LHS
10-04-10, 00:07
I would be pissed if I were you. .22s can be picky, but that's just too many "clicks" to go with the "bangs" in my opinion. Have you tried contacting Beretta about the issue? Also, let me know the results when you get a chance to try it on the 92fs.

I'm pretty sure it's due to the lightweight hammer on the Elite series. I have one of the original Elites, with the first-gen skeletonized hammer that was known to light-strike at times. Ernie Langdon fixed that with some internal work and spring replacements, and I absolutely love the action job. I've never had an issue with it when firing any kind of 9mm ammo, from milsurp to Wally-World Special to defensive ammo. It only does this with the .22 kit. At this point, I want to keep the gun running just as it does with 9mm ammo, and I'll just have to find a used 92fs for a dedicated .22 platform.

Steve S.
10-04-10, 13:04
good luck with that, they dont have the greatest cs

So I've heard. That's why I asked. Didn't mean it like "they will take care of it", just curious how they handled it.

I've never used Beretta's customer service, and I'm sure most don't, because they offer a pathetic 3 year warranty. Unless they've recently changed it..