PDA

View Full Version : Best buffer and spring for wife's lightweight build?

greywolf2112
10-02-10, 22:51
Going with DD 14.5" light (pencil) barrel, carbine gas length, YHM 5C2 comp/suppressor, ASA side-charging Upper. Tyring to lightest possible weight. Will have TRX Extreme 7.6" handguards, CTR stock.

Trying to figure out best buffer and buffer spring combo - should I just go with standard H buffer and regular milspec spring and see how it works first before trying anything exotic like Spikes Tungsten H2 buffer and CS springs?

gundam83
10-04-10, 13:21
Sorry I dont have an answer for you, but I'm looking for the same answer as well.

CoryCop25
10-04-10, 13:32
I find that an H2 or Spike's Tactical ST2 buffer and a Wolf extra power spring is the best recoil calming combo for me. The ST2 buffer is like $30 and the wolf spring is like $10 from Brownell's. I do find that you need to shoot hotter ammo for a little until the gun breaks in or the bolt wont lock back on the last round. I use 62gr m855 for this. This seems to fix itself after about 500 rounds and then you can run any ammo you like.

greywolf2112
10-04-10, 17:48
Thanks for the help. I've been reading a lot about this and some people have suggested simply using a CAR H buffer and regular CAR spring to start with - if it works and I have no problem then boo-ya! Otherwise, I start moving on up the ladder with heavier springs and buffers.

I find that an H2 or Spike's Tactical ST2 buffer and a Wolf extra power spring is the best recoil calming combo for me. The ST2 buffer is like $30 and the wolf spring is like $10 from Brownell's. I do find that you need to shoot hotter ammo for a little until the gun breaks in or the bolt wont lock back on the last round. I use 62gr m855 for this. This seems to fix itself after about 500 rounds and then you can run any ammo you like.

joshua79109
10-05-10, 12:24
Not sure if you are looking for this sort of info, but you might check out this link with video of different buffers in use.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=59176

500grains
10-05-10, 15:34
Great videos. Without a high speed camera, is there any way to tell if I am getting bolt bounce?