PDA

View Full Version : Considering adding a BCM M4 Mod2

gtmtnbiker98
10-05-10, 10:52
Totally unfamiliar with the BCM lineup, other than the great reviews witnessed here. I currently own a LE6920 and am wanting to keep it bone stock. Looking to add a BCM M4 Mod2 to play "Barbie" with by adding an optic and other related furniture to play 3-Gun.

I am looking at this particular model since it already has a rail system and suitable BUIs.

So my question to the collective: How will this model compare to a LE6940? I am not a Colt Kool-Aid drinker. The 6940 and it's monolithic top end leaves little room for improvement as compared to the BCM, unless I am missing something.

I have looked at "The Chart" and the BCM is left enough for me, just seeking input on what I may be missing.

Not too concerned about gas system length. How is BCM's QC on complete rifles?

Thanks.

Stickman
10-05-10, 12:24
If you are going for something a little different than what you already have, you may want to go with a longer rail.

BCM makes solid products, no concern there.

usmcvet
10-05-10, 12:27
I've had two compete BCM guns and a third upper. Their gear, guns and coustomer service are top notch and their shipping is wicked fast. You will be happy with BCM if you go that route.

usmcvet
10-05-10, 12:31
Their pricing is also awesome. They have some blemished lowers for sale for $250. The sale on their uppers is great too.

gtmtnbiker98
10-05-10, 13:10
I can get the complete rifle from my FFL for $1191.00. About $150 cheaper than the Colt 6940.

Stickman
10-05-10, 13:18
I can get the complete rifle from my FFL for $1191.00. About $150 cheaper than the Colt 6940.

You could also just order the lower through your FFL, and have the upper mailed to your house. You should be able to save some money that way.

hals1
10-05-10, 15:24
You could also just order the lower through your FFL, and have the upper mailed to your house. You should be able to save some money that way.

Just picked up a BCM 16" middie upper with BCM BCG for $580 delivered and a blemished lower with BCM stock for $295 delivered + $10 for FFL. That's $875 less the hand guard. Got them from G&R Tactical. Bravo Company has several rail options for their uppers. Check them out. I think Bravo has a sale on uppers right now.:D

usmcvet
10-05-10, 17:59
I should clarify my earlier post. I bought a lower twice ant then bought uppers a CH and BCG's from Bravo Company and G&R. They did not have complete guns at the time. It was easier on the wallet for me. Does the complete BCM gun come with a Mod 4 Gunfighter?

You will be well served with either gun. I vote for the BCM to add to your Colt.