PDA

View Full Version : Front sight post spins but does not move..

MEGA-M4
10-05-10, 22:15
I can turn my front sight post left or right over and over and it will not elevate of de-elevate. How can I fix this? Or do I have to replace the entire front sight?

Iraqgunz
10-05-10, 22:17
Get some needle nose pliers and pull up on it as you try to remove it. It may be that something is stripped out. If you can get it out inspect the threads as best you can.

I can turn my front sight post left or right over and over and it will not elevate of de-elevate. How can I fix this? Or do I have to replace the entire front sight?

MEGA-M4
10-05-10, 22:28
Get some needle nose pliers and pull up on it as you try to remove it. It may be that something is stripped out. If you can get it out inspect the threads as best you can.

I pulled on it some with the needle nose pliers and now.. It functions properly. I will pull it out and inspect later. Thank you!

Black Wrench
10-06-10, 01:32
Is the sight a night sight? I know mine has two sections and the top section spins to allow the tritium portion to be set facing to the back.

devildogljb
10-06-10, 01:36
weird at least its working properly might of just got stuck some how but i would replace it to be safe

Quib
10-06-10, 05:24
Is the sight a night sight? I know mine has two sections and the top section spins to allow the tritium portion to be set facing to the back.

That was my first thought....

MEGA-M4
10-06-10, 07:26
No it is a stock sight post... I haven't heard of this issue before either...

Black Wrench
10-06-10, 16:14
Was there any damage to the threads? Not sure how that could just happen. Did you ever over-tighten?

MEGA-M4
10-06-10, 23:20
Sorry I haven't had a chance to inspect, been real busy I will this weekend and report back!