PDA

View Full Version : help with buying a battle belt

fivefivesix
10-06-10, 22:32
http://www.blackstonetactical.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=17&products_id=270
this is what im looking at buying but it says inner belt is not included. what do i need to search for to find a belt that fits it. i didnt see anything listed as an inner belt. thanks jason

titsonritz
10-06-10, 22:38
Use what ever properly sized duty belt you want. Cobra buckle riggers belt are all the rage.

fivefivesix
10-06-10, 22:38
http://www.blackstonetactical.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=140
is this the type of belt i have to buy

fivefivesix
10-06-10, 22:40
thanks ritz i posted at the same time you did
. again thanks

platoonDaddy
10-07-10, 09:05
http://www.usgruntgear.com/wamobe.html

I would go with warhog belt, they have two, one for wearing a chest rig and the other not.

Spurholder
10-07-10, 14:51
This is the belt that you're looking for...

http://www.blackstonetactical.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=17&products_id=282

Lots of manufacturers make and sell these belts...all run about $25-30.

Having said all of this, I like the one you picked better, 556.

SteveL
10-07-10, 16:46
http://www.usgruntgear.com/wamobe.html

I would go with warhog belt, they have two, one for wearing a chest rig and the other not.

In the pictures it looks like you lose some of the MOLLE attachment points on one end of this belt because of where the belt adjustment is made. Is this accurate? It's hard to tell for sure in a lot of the pictures.

ETA: Nevermind the above. I got the answer I needed.

platoonDaddy
10-08-10, 01:59
In the pictures it looks like you lose some of the MOLLE attachment points on one end of this belt because of where the belt adjustment is made. Is this accurate? It's hard to tell for sure in a lot of the pictures.

ETA: Nevermind the above. I got the answer I needed.

Just read you received your answer, thought I would present this video on one of the belts by US.GRUNT.GEAR. Belt should have from the 11 to the 1 o'clock position free of no molle or padding so you can comfortably bend and adjust waist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oGpkKtQWjs

Failure2Stop
10-08-10, 03:45
The types of duty belts that overlap with an initial velcro secure don't work real well with molle over-belts unless you give up a significant portion of the overbelt on either side of the buckle.
I vastly prefer a belt that is of fixed lenth with a centered buckle.
The belts that are made from nylon and offered as the normal innerbelts suck if you want to run a holster or subload off of them as they will sag and flex. I prefer ones that are made from Scuba webbing.
I did not arrive at this conclusion by looking at pictures, watching youtube airsofters, or as a random choice, but rather through years of experience with them.

platoonDaddy
10-08-10, 12:22
The types of duty belts that overlap with an initial velcro secure don't work real well with molle over-belts unless you give up a significant portion of the overbelt on either side of the buckle.
I vastly prefer a belt that is of fixed lenth with a centered buckle.
The belts that are made from nylon and offered as the normal innerbelts suck if you want to run a holster or subload off of them as they will sag and flex. I prefer ones that are made from Scuba webbing.

I did not arrive at this conclusion by looking at pictures, watching youtube airsofters, or as a random choice, but rather through years of experience with them.

The video link was to illustrate the options of this specific belt.

I am glad 'Scuba Webbing' is working for you as the Warhog modular is working great for me.

OUT

Failure2Stop
10-08-10, 17:59
The video link was to illustrate the options of this specific belt.

I am glad 'Scuba Webbing' is working for you as the Warhog modular is working great for me.

OUT

BREAK BREAK

I can't see what video you were talking about since the govvie network won't permit us to see youtube. Regardless, I was not denigrating your response, but rather those that form opinons on gear in general based off watching other people on video instead of direct relevant experience. I surmise that since my post included the word "youtube" you assumed that I was taking a shot at you, which was not the case. Further, I was providing insight in to how thin nylon type of belts perform with items attached to them directly, such as subloads and holsters; they are fine if their sole function is to hold the belt together with weight on the PALS/MOLLE only.

Hopefully everyone has unwadded their undergarments sufficiently to continue intelligent conversation.

OVER

Pappabear
10-08-10, 18:28
Failure2Stop

Here is my dilemma, I have the Wilderness best that folds back with Velcro and gets in the way with your holsters and mags and....when it double over its too thick.

What is the best option for someone only wanting to run a holster and mags. Don't need the over Molle super duty holsters extra thick jumbo tron.

Any feedback is appreciated. I looked at the belts listed above, but I dont know how you get away from doubling over and being too thick for holsters.

Von Rheydt
10-08-10, 19:15
I found the black padded tool belt from Home depot works well with one of my old Uncle Mikes duty belts. The hook velcro on the Uncle mikes grips the loop webbing on the tool belt nice and tight. Not molle but its for a holster, mag pouches, shotgun cartridge holder and an IFAK. Damn fine for $19.

titsonritz
10-08-10, 19:28
John Willis had a few of his Tapered War Belts available a short time ago. I’m not sure if he has any left as they tend to disappear pretty quickly and you never know when they’ll be around again. If interested email him directly to see if he still has your size.
http://www.originalsoegear.com/taper.html

john@originalsoegear.com

Failure2Stop
10-08-10, 19:54
What is the best option for someone only wanting to run a holster and mags. Don't need the over Molle super duty holsters extra thick jumbo tron.

I'm not quite tracking.
Are you asking about a plain "Duty Belt" type setup with no overbelt, a good inner belt to hang stuff from to avoid hanging off the Molle, or a riggers type pants belt?

I haven't used a plain duty belt for years, in fact the discomfort of plain belts pushed me to padded belts, which push me to opting for no belt. After the newest iterations of the Molle over-belts came out I tried them and found them to be a significant upgrade, especially when it comes to use with armor. So I can't really give a solid recommendation on them.

As far as inner-belts go I tend to use Specter Gear's duty belt as it is made from 2" Scuba webbing, has internal loop velcro, is of appropriate weight and stiffness, has a good buckle, and costs around $30. I can't say it's the best one ever, or that it is perfect; but it has done well enough for me that I am in no rush to spend $$ on a replacement.

For a regular "hold your trousers up along with a gun and a few mags" belt I have been using a Wilderness belt (can't remember which specific model- has internal stiffeners) for a few years now (after getting away from leather belts), and it fits my CCW needs well. I run the tail to the right, which puts it over the belt loop of my AIWB holster for additional concealment.

Pappabear
10-09-10, 01:03
Im going to try the Tactical ops belt from Spector. I may venture out into the big overpad deal next. Still digging my chest rig from eagle.

hrt4me
10-10-10, 12:03
Thanks for the good information and discussion

fivefivesix
10-14-10, 23:27
yeah id also like to thank everyone for helping a newb out so i dont show up at a carbine course with enough gear to make rambo jealous. id like to stick with a riggers belt or a duty belt but i want to use a mag dump pouch and some mag pouches for my glock and my m4. the belt needs to pull double duty to hold my g17 for normal wear

Tzoid
10-15-10, 00:15
I have the exact ICE Battle Belt and it's very nice.

I bought the Specter Gear Tactical Operations belt as the inner belt .. 28 bucks .... Charles at Blackstone is a good dude and M4 Members get free shipping.

here's the link

http://www.blackstonetactical.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=17&products_id=37

and a shameless Photo op....notics the HSG TACO Pouches work with the 20 Round 7.62x51 .308 Pmags as well as .556

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/tzoid08/Training%20gear/LMT308MWS003.jpg

fivefivesix
10-15-10, 00:26
thanks tzoid thats the same link i posted for what i was looking at. and with free shipping im ordering tomorrow

titsonritz
10-15-10, 00:26
How do those Taco pouches work, do you need adjust them for different size mags or does the bungee take care of it 100%?

custom-x_sponjah
10-15-10, 15:25
How do those Taco pouches work, do you need adjust them for different size mags or does the bungee take care of it 100%?

I use the same Taco's for my M4, AK, and Saiga-12 without Adjusting them..

CXS

titsonritz
10-15-10, 18:18
I use the same Taco's for my M4, AK, and Saiga-12 without Adjusting them..

CXS

Thanks for the info, I'll have to give them a whirl.

Buck50
10-15-10, 20:06
Generally you need to make adjustments when going from something like M4 to M14 mags. I too switch between M4 and AK without adjusting the them.

Buck50
10-15-10, 20:11
thanks tzoid thats the same link i posted for what i was looking at. and with free shipping im ordering tomorrow

The Specter Gear TOB works great with any War/Battle Belt setup. You wont be disappointed!

jklaughrey
10-15-10, 22:10
I went from running an Eagle/Blueforce gear setup to running the new Vtac Brokos belt with an OSOE Cobra belt for an inner. With of course my Eagle M4 FB pouches and Eagle FB glock pouches. I run a Bladetech holster from the inner belt with a slight drop cant ext. Works extremely well and doesn't interfere with a chest rig or plate carrier. Then just a Maxpedition Rolly dump and a tear away IFAK pouch(can't remember make). Oh yeah an ESEE RC3 for shits and giggles. I would post pics but not at home.

So far for a few range sessions and some dynamic entry with Quad city SWAT holds up extremely well. No complaints, may go with a smaller IFAK for weight reduction, but is really effective. Would love an EAG dump pouch but can't find them anywhere and Donna from EAG doesn't know when they will be available again. I would like to try one out.

Anyone have a suggestion for a small tear away IFAk pouch to hold the basics.

Scoby
10-18-10, 19:37
As seen below I use an ATS War Belt with a Specter Gear inner belt.
I have a Bladetech DOH hanging off the inner belt without problems.

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz229/Scoby/Download%20File/IMG_0182.jpg

Charles at Blackstone helped me out with both.

Scoby

JSantoro
10-18-10, 21:12
Don't need the over Molle super duty holsters extra thick jumbo tron.

I've procured a USGG SRT belt, which uses 1/4" foam instead of the usual 1/2" found in most of the MOLLE overbelts one sees. I'm finding the lower profile, compared to my BFG SOC-C belt, to be pretty damned agreeable to me. I don't feel like J-Lo anymore, and the reduction in compression in the lesser padding has shown it to be less prone to ride up or shift, not that it was a real problem before; I just notice that it's less, to me.

It's built the same way as their Infidel belt, only half as thick. The MOLLE is only on the part that goes across the small of your back and whichever side on the front you want it to be on, and you can swap that out at will.

Usually, I'd sell off the SOC-C to defray costs, but I'm keeping it just in case. It's a known-good to me, and while it looks like the USGG SRT is a known-better in my realm, I still like the BFG product. May make it a dedicated 1911-as-secondary belt....