PDA

View Full Version : LMT CQB MRP 12"

wvincent
10-07-10, 11:43
Is anybody out there running this rifle, and if so your thoughts and comments please. This is my first dabble into the sbr arena, and I think this rifle would be a good start for me. My plan is to wait until Battle Comp come out with a suppressor of their own or a quick attachment for the Battle Comp 1.0, will probably shoot 50/50 suppressed and non-suppressed.

I guess what I'm looking for is weight and balance info, handling, ergonomic info, etc.

Thank you in advance.

(After lurking here for a year, I finally came up dry on the search function, hence my first post!)

Shotdown
10-07-10, 12:12
I just picked one up and it has become my favorite rifle. It is a bit front heavy but if you don't plan on adding a lot of items to the rail, it won't be an issue. I've put about 100 rds down range and haven't had issues. Fit and finish is outstanding.

wvincent
10-07-10, 12:43
The only thing I plan on adding would be a light and either a stubby vfg or an afg (really like the afg on my 16"). Do you think it might be too nose heavy for a can?

cigardad
10-07-10, 15:08
I have one that I have about 1k rounds thru so far. No issues after I changed the buffer to an H. I bought a 12.5 6.8 barrel as well and really like that set up better.

I just got a 10.5 DI barrel this week and am taking it to the range this weekend.

Kill By Number
10-08-10, 10:03
I've put 3000 rounds thru my LMT mrp piston 12". It has shot 55gr lake city to75 gr prvi loads no problems. Brother in law runs same gun with aac m42000 can and has put about 1000 rounds thru suppressed again not 1 problem (mostly prvi75 gr). Slightly heavy since rail is midlength, but One piece upper with quick change cal and barrel lengths is worth it. I'm a ffl dealer and it's my favorite possesion!

C4IGrant
10-08-10, 10:21
Very good setup IMHO. We sell a lot of them.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=SBR-P-12

C4

Shotdown
10-08-10, 17:01
The only thing I plan on adding would be a light and either a stubby vfg or an afg (really like the afg on my 16"). Do you think it might be too nose heavy for a can?

Not at all. I have a Fenix TK-11 on a Larue LT-707 mount and a Tango Down Stubby VFG. I also run an AAC M4-1000 on mine.

wvincent
10-12-10, 13:52
Thanks for all of the feedback. Sometimes purchasing online is like ordering a mail order bride, but having owners of the actual weapon giving you honest feedback helps take a lot of the guess work out of the equation.

Grant, thanks for the link, once I decide individual vs. trust I will be in touch.

usmcvet
10-12-10, 22:26
I bought my SBR from Grant no worries there. It is your guns little cousin the LMT (DI) 10.5" SBR 10. Awesome little gun.