PDA

View Full Version : Duostock

Citpitch02
07-17-07, 22:40
Anybody have any experience with the Duostock! I know it looks GOD Awful but the premise behind it seems to be spot on. After checking out the website and speaking with a guy who has played with them, gasp "down range", I am very intrigued!

If anybody else has actually tried one of these I would love to here what you have to say on the subject. I know it's not part of the holy trinity (Vltor, LMT, Magpul) but I would like some honest no B.S. feedback.

http://www.duostock.com/indexx.html

Patrick Aherne
07-19-07, 00:24
There's a guy on my team who uses one who swears by it. It seems to work ok and he's a very proficient shooter. It does seem to work better than a standard carbine stock when wearing tactical armor. It seems to lock into your shoulder better, especially with plates on.

I, however, have not had a problem with the issue stock enough to spring for a duostock. If I upgrade, I will get another vltor because I want on-rifle battery storage for my weapons-light and eotech.

Next range I will switch stocks and run a few drills with it and report back on my impressions.

rhino
07-19-07, 08:27
Two guys had them in my last carbine class and they seemed to work fine for them. One of them (a buddy of mine) beat me in the final of the steel shootoff by a little. I don't think it made him any faster or more accurate (he cheats ... he practices!), but it certainly didn't slow him down any.

Citpitch02
07-19-07, 18:58
Talked to a guy who runs a Tactical store here in NOVA and he said he could rig one up with a CAA Saddle to hold batteries and provide a better cheek weld.
I know it's not as sexy as the Vltor but I think it has merit.

I guess I would like to try the Emod Vltor and the Duo side by side to see which I like the best.

Any other opinions would be much appreciated!

Leviathan
07-19-07, 18:59
I have used the Duostock for about a year now and I have been pleased. It is not fancy by any stretch, but if you are looking for a basic stock I would not hesitate to try it. I find that the width (wider than a standard 6 position stock) fits my shoulder much better and does not interfere with my vest or plate carrier. I did have to adjust the stock a little to fit my buffer tube due to it not being Mil-spec. I don't know that there is perfect gun, but it works for me. I try to keep it simple so...