PDA

View Full Version : Gamma lids and Whole Eggs dehydrated at our local Wal Mart

chadbag
10-08-10, 00:51
I was at our local Wal-Mart tonight and saw that they had Gamma Lids for $4.97 each. That is quite cheap for a local buy. Gamma Lids rock and $5 each rocks.

They also had dehydrated whole eggs in the what I think are #10 "coffee" can size (large size) for $11.47 (56 oz of egg powder). These are normally around $17-$20 most of the time.

I am not saying all Wal-Marts have these (it may be an artifact of being in Utah -- food storage capital of the world ;) -- all those dang Mormons hoarding food -- whoops -- I is one) but it is probably not just my one local store. (W Jordan UT Super Center at Jordan's Landing in case anyone local wants to find these).

Worth checking your local Wal-Mart if this sort of stuff interests you.

CDDM416
10-08-10, 06:31
Thanks. What part of the store did you find them.

chadbag
10-08-10, 09:23
Thanks. What part of the store did you find them.

Hi

In our store the eggs and some cans of other things like milk, banana chips, etc were on a display right at the main entrance nearest the food section. There were further displays in the main aisle between the food and clothing section, which is also where the gamma lids, 5 gal buckets, and similar were also located.

In other Wal-Marts I have seen the same stuff but in a section of the store. One Wal-Mart had the preparedness food cans (#10 dehydrated food in cans) at one end of the food section. The other had it over in a section by hardware.

Probably easiest to ask a Wal-Mart worker, preferably a manager type, if they have such things and where they are.

CDDM416
10-08-10, 09:58
Thanks. When I go to WalMart I dont like to waste time looking. Its in and out..

chadbag
10-09-10, 15:58
What a difference a day makes. I went in the next day and the displays were changed/missing and most of the dehydrated stuff like the eggs was gone or moved somewhere else. Both that at the front of the store and that in the aisles between the food and clothing sections. The gamma lids were still there...

Not just the eggs but the other #10 cans were priced well, less than normal, and I did see a guy on my second visit with a cart with 10 or so cans of various things (and nothing else)...

One advantage to being in Utah is lots of stores (Wal-Mart, Costco, normal grocery stores, and many specialty preparedness stores) all sell this sort of stuff so it is usually priced pretty well due to all the outlets that have it and is usually pretty available... But when a sale happens it disappears pretty fast as lots of people buy preparedness sort of stuff here.