PDA

View Full Version : EAG Carbine SC, 10-12 Dec 2007

Pat_Rogers
07-18-07, 08:07
EAG Tactical Training
3 Day Carbine Operators Course
EAG will conduct a 3 Day Carbine Operators course on 10-12 Dec 2007 at the Mid Carolina Rifle Club, South Congaree, South Carolina
This is an open enrollment course. EAG has a credentialing policy- see below for specifics.
This course is about fighting with the 5.56x45mm carbine, and the training is geared toward that specific skill set. This is not a shooting course- it is a fighting course.
Price is as follows.
Prior to 10 November 2007 $550
After 10 Novembe5 2007 $575.00
A deposit of $240.00 is required when you submit your application.
To register, go to www.eagtactical.com and complete the application. Submit the application with the appropriate credentials (see below).
Once you have been accepted you will receive a notice as well as lodging information. If you have any questions, contact us directly- we will do are best to resolve any issues.
What to Expect
A three day class on how to fight with the carbine. This is not shooting polka dots, but is a condensed version of what we are using today. The class is moderately physical.
Attendees must be Police Officers; Active Duty Military; DoD Civilian/ Contractor or possess a valid pistol license from any state. A Certificate of Good Conduct (no criminal record) or equivalent from your local Law Enforcement Agency will suffice.
Live fire exercises are inherently dangerous. Safety violations will be dealt with harshly. We cannot afford to have an unsafe shooter in a class.
I reserve the right to refuse admission to the class for any reason. I reserve the right to remove anyone from the class for any reason. Questions??
What to Bring
A good attitude!
• A serviceable 5.56mm Carbine (5.45x39 and 7.52x39 are also acceptable). What you bring is not as important as the fact that it works. Having a spare extractor/ spring is not a bad idea. Bring the lube of your choice. But bring lube.
• 1300 Rounds of serviceable carbine ammunition; 250 rounds pistol ammunition.
• The amount of ammunition recommended is an average. The actual number of rounds fired may be more or less depending on overall skill level of the class, weather and range issues.
• A minimum of 3 serviceable magazines for the carbine. More are obviously better- the less jamming of magazines you do during the day, the more time you learn how to fight.
• The carbine needs a sling. A tac sling works better, but any sling will do.
• A means to carry at least two carbine magazines on your person (+ one in the gun, total of three (3).
• If you have a red dot sight, bring spare batteries.
• A serviceable pistol, with three serviceable magazines.
• A holster and magazine pouch.
• Eye and earpro, as well as a baseball type hat.
• Water. A CamelBak is ideal, but be prepared to hydrate.
This will be at the height of summer, and facilities are limited. Bring water and electrolyte replacement drinks.
• Bring food. Bring munchies as well as lickies and chewies. If you are not physically at your best, you will not be able to function safely and efficiently. Don’t be a heat casualty.
• Knee and elbow pads.
• Pen/ pencil.
If you have questions, contact me at info@eagtactical.com

NCPatrolAR
07-18-07, 11:00
I'm so there. Hopefully I dont break my arm a month out from the class like back in 2005.

Pat_Rogers
07-18-07, 11:05
Yeah, that would be a good idea!
Looking forward to seeing you there!

RD62
07-18-07, 11:19
Pat,

I'm in too! Just sent application in on the web site!

-RD62

Hootiewho
07-18-07, 11:28
I just sent in an application as well. This is a great opportunity for this area. Question, do we pay after the application gets approved?

Pat_Rogers
07-18-07, 11:31
Roger guys, thanks. It will be fun, and an opportunity to meet more good gys from here!

Greyman09
07-18-07, 13:21
I am getting ready to sign up. Looking forward to the class. Just a regular earth person.

Pat_Rogers
07-18-07, 15:09
Greyman- glad to have you aboard. I am just a regular earth person that has had some great opportunities.
You will have a good time!

Greyman09
07-18-07, 15:28
Application submitted and email sent with a couple of questions.

Thanks

RD62
07-23-07, 22:00
Hey Pat,

Haven't heard anything back yet and just wanted to make sure that everything came through OK when I emailed in my app and creds. Also I haven't put down my deposit yet, should I go ahead and call for that or wait till I get a confirmation or similar?

Thanks again and looking forward to meeting you in Dec!!

-RD62

Pat_Rogers
07-24-07, 05:06
Donna handles all the admin- she is in AZ and i am in VA, so my advice is to check with her directly.
I would do it, but i don't know your name:rolleyes: and i doubt you put RD62 on your application:)

We send confirmation out after the process is complete, so yeah, send the deposit in. She'll be holding your seat until she receives it completed or we tell her not to.
Hope this helps.

RD62
07-24-07, 06:50
Thanks Pat. Your at it early this AM. I'll give her a call for the deposit.

-RD62

Pat_Rogers
07-24-07, 07:14
My reville is at 0420. I am up early every morning:eek:

E mail Donna. She is 100% deaf, and unless you like going through TTY, e mail is a better way.

Citpitch02
07-24-07, 16:07
Pat,

Any prior AR training necessary for this course?

I'm an LE with extensive training in Pistol, Shotgun, and MP5, but have never formally trained with the AR but I'm looking for my first class.

Thanks,

T.W.

Pat_Rogers
07-24-07, 16:37
TW<
Good afternoon. No, you'll do fine.
My big issue is that people have some basic knowledge of guns but not necessarily of the weapons system.
You have all of that (and more) so you should be GTG.
Do you have an AR? If not, advise.

The Dumb Gun Collector
07-24-07, 19:49
I just submitted my app. Looking forward to a great course! I will brush up on your SWAT articles in the mean time.

Citpitch02
07-24-07, 20:44
Pat,
That's a roger on the AR ! Grew up shootin Coyotes when it wasn't deer season down in South Georgia with my Pop's AR (vietnam vet) but I just recently picked up my first.

I have been looking to take a class to familiarize myself with the tactical/fighting use of the weapon and not the hunting use I grew up with.
I'm a Citadel graduate so S.C. is a second home for me, however I'm not familiar with the location of South Congaree?

Thanks again, Now all I have to do is convince the High Command (aka...Wife) to let me sneak away for a few days of training!:D

T.W.

Pat_Rogers
07-24-07, 21:03
Roger TW.
Be real noce to her, and maybe she'll give you the go ahead.
You'll have fun, and hopefully learn something!

P7- looking forward to it.

Hootiewho
07-24-07, 21:48
Pat,
That's a roger on the AR ! Grew up shootin Coyotes when it wasn't deer season down in South Georgia with my Pop's AR (vietnam vet) but I just recently picked up my first.

I have been looking to take a class to familiarize myself with the tactical/fighting use of the weapon and not the hunting use I grew up with.
I'm a Citadel graduate so S.C. is a second home for me, however I'm not familiar with the location of South Congaree?

Thanks again, Now all I have to do is convince the High Command (aka...Wife) to let me sneak away for a few days of training!:D

T.W.

It is a little south of the Columbia Airport. There are a few decent places to stay in the area, but you'd probably be better off staying near 26. There is a Ramada Inn close by on 26, but it is the motel that all Armed Services recruits stay before going to MEPS and before shipping out to P.I., Ft Jackson and other Basic camps, so at times you can run into a lot of "they last night before I go to boot" trouble. There are some good areas and bad areas in that general area of Columbia, maybe if some of the local's if any could chime in and give a heads up to those who may not be familiar. 5 points, in Downtown Columbia is definitely an interesting place to visit. Most of the better restaurants in Columbia are on Harbison Blvd, which is a little ways but not that far. There is a LE gun store on Broad River Road, not far from all the state Govt offices called Lawmans and it is a pretty decent store, also Palmetto Firearms, which is north of Lawmans on Broad River Road. I am pretty sure Lawmans is close to where Broad River Rd and St Andrews Rd intersect. Lawmans has a good bit of Police trade in Glocks and you can find some good deals there at times. FWIW

Pat_Rogers
07-25-07, 05:46
Thanks for the 411 on the area Hootie.

RD62
07-25-07, 11:35
... maybe if some of the local's if any could chime in and give a heads up to those who may not be familiar. .

I'm a native and current resident. Let me know if I can help in any way.

-RD62

NCPatrolAR
07-30-07, 21:25
Application is submited and the deposit is on its way now. Things are looking good for this.

Pat_Rogers
08-01-07, 09:04
Application is submited and the deposit is on its way now. Things are looking good for this.

It will be good to meet you after all of these years!

NCPatrolAR
08-08-07, 22:35
Pat,

I've yet to recieve any kind of confirmation for my spot in the course. Should I send an email to the "info" address in order to check on this?

Thanks,

Chris

RD62
08-09-07, 13:05
NCPatrolAR,

I spoke with Donna last week via email in reference to this and the fact that my CC hadn't been charged yet either. I just wanted to make sure everything was GTG. She told me that she would be getting the confirmation info out in a few weeks. You can email her to make sure she has all your info, but the rest should be forthcoming from what I was told.

-RD62

Hootiewho
08-09-07, 15:38
I received the same info from an email I sent to Donna. I am just patiently waiting on a deal on some good ammo for the class. I looked in a local classified this past week and saw 1k of black hills .223 for $245.00. I about shit, and called ASAP, only to find out it had just sold to someone else.

RD62
08-10-07, 18:52
I ordered 1K 55gr FMJ range ammo or whatever they call it from the Hunting Shack for about $246.00 delivered. Was quoted 6-8 weeks for delivery. That was about a month ago.

-RD62

Greyman09
08-22-07, 16:17
Has anyone gotten their confirmation yet? Looking forward to the class. I consider it local for me. Nice to have Pat this close.

RD62
08-22-07, 20:12
Has anyone gotten their confirmation yet? Looking forward to the class. I consider it local for me. Nice to have Pat this close.

Nope.

-RD62

NCPatrolAR
08-23-07, 02:40
My deposit check was cashed last week, so I take that as some form of confirmation. :)

Hootiewho
08-23-07, 10:36
My deposit check was cashed last week as well, and I did get a email newsletter from them yesterday.

welchtactical
08-23-07, 11:31
I going to see if I can fit this in the date and check books. I've been wanting to train with Pat for a long time. With the class being close to Charlotte NC makes things even better. Now finding ammo for the class will be the hard part.;)

Greyman09
08-23-07, 13:18
I heard from Donna today. Everything is good to go. Looking forward to training with you guys.

RD62
08-23-07, 16:32
No email no phone call. No confirmation and my card hasn't been charged yet.

-RD62

RD62
08-25-07, 14:05
Emailed Donna the other day and she responded saying that confirmations were forthcoming and that my card would be charged at that time and that until then I should consider myself GTG! :D Yea!

-RD62

Hootiewho
08-25-07, 15:36
Good news for you. I can't wait till the class and look forward to meeting and training with all of you.