PDA

View Full Version : Tips to get people to look Through the scope?

Nathan_Bell
07-18-07, 14:41
I am having issues with getting people to look though the Aimpoint/Eotechs with both eyes open and focus on the target. They are trying to focus on the dot, which is pulling their non shooting eye into looking at the side of the scope. I have explained to them, repeatedly, that they need to look through the scope and just let the dot superimpose itself into their sight. Not working that well.

Does anyone have any good tips to break these guys of doing this?

shark31
07-18-07, 14:51
Try making them close the front cover and use it like an OEG. They will HAVE to focus on the target, or won't make hits/see anything.

PALADIN-hgwt
07-18-07, 14:55
xxxxx

Nathan_Bell
07-18-07, 15:17
Will give that a try, should have thought of thay myself. (but I did not)

Alpha Sierra
07-18-07, 15:29
Occluding the sight is a great idea.

Also try outshooting them with both eyes open. Guys hate to be out done.

Haji
07-18-07, 20:06
Is this a cross dominance problem? That's somewhat harder to solve, but not impossible.

Low Drag
07-18-07, 21:05
I'm cross eye dom and just got a 1.1-4X IOR for my mid length RRA.

It was surprisingly easy to get it down at CQB ranges with both eyes open. I've also heard of covering the objective end. I did that and "snapped in"/dry fired my basement. When I got out to the range it was a piece of cake to get target.

Robb Jensen
07-18-07, 21:29
Is this a cross dominance problem? That's somewhat harder to solve, but not impossible.

I'm cross eye dominant (left eye, right handed) 32yrs of shooting has helped me but if I closed the cap on my Aimpoint I would most likely miss. For very small targets or targets beyond 100yds I close my left eye. Shooting pistols I shoot both eyes open as seen here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/letiteat.jpg

Nathan_Bell
07-19-07, 08:27

I am far more cross dominant than they are, so if I can do it...