PDA

View Full Version : EAA or Armalite

cdunn
10-09-10, 15:19
I have a chance to get one of the above either an EAA witness, or an Armalite AR-24 15 and was wondering who has experience with these two?Any input would be helpful.

eternal24k
10-09-10, 15:26
Between the 2 the Armalite is much better fit and finish. It is a little bit of a proprietary unit, which is a down side, but IIRC it takes EAA mags.

In my opinion,
CZ>Armalite>EAA

JHC
10-09-10, 16:50
And while we're at it, which is the better "CZ"? The CZ-75 or the AR-24?

eternal24k
10-09-10, 20:22
And while we're at it, which is the better "CZ"? The CZ-75 or the AR-24?

While I like the construction and appearance of the Armalite better, I will always vote CZ for the simple fact that there are more options for mags, sights, holsters ect.

10-09-10, 21:10
I have no experience with the EAA Witness.
I briefly owned a Armalite AR 24. What a waste of ammo that was! I put about 500 rounds through it trying to get it to work. Two trips to Armalite and they sent me a new one. The guy at Armalite admitted they knew nothing about the pistol. I took the new one unfired to a gun show and sold it. I wish I had the ammo back.

I have owned many CZ's, new and used they all worked. Still own a SA only modified Pre-B. At least 50000 rounds no breakage, only a worn sear.
My advice is if you like the CZ platform get a CZ.

Tomahawk_Ghost
10-10-10, 08:47
I know that CZ's customer service/sales is top notch. I purchased a CZ-82 that needed some new magazine release parts. Problem was like the one below. A debur didn't fix it like I wanted.

http://czechpistols82792.yuku.com/topic/7455/t/CZ-82-Magazine-Release-Stopped-Working.html

I called, hit the phone option I wanted and was talking to a polite, knowledgeable sales rep who got me the parts I needed. Time on phone was less than 5 minutes.

Magic_Salad0892
10-10-10, 09:52
CZ. Don't get knockoffs.

arbob
10-10-10, 21:16
I have the Ar 24 full size with fixed sights. Mine has been totally reliable. If you get the chance, try to handle one. I think it`s one of the most ergonomic pistols out there, especially with the P 210 style treatment of the slide. As previously mentioned the EAA mags will work in it. That was a deliberate move by ArmaLite to make sure there would be an adequate supply. The gun is forged steel vs the cast EAA Witness. I haven`t owned the EAA, but I`ve owned a couple of Baby Desert Eagles, which I believe are made by the same manufacturer. I think the ArmaLite is a better value.

The only problem is ArmaLite is really marketing or supporting the pistol well, at least at the moment.

Thomas M-4
10-10-10, 21:49
I have the Ar 24 full size with fixed sights. Mine has been totally reliable. If you get the chance, try to handle one. I think it`s one of the most ergonomic pistols out there, especially with the P 210 style treatment of the slide. As previously mentioned the EAA mags will work in it. That was a deliberate move by ArmaLite to make sure there would be an adequate supply. The gun is forged steel vs the cast EAA Witness. I haven`t owned the EAA, but I`ve owned a couple of Baby Desert Eagles, which I believe are made by the same manufacturer. I think the ArmaLite is a better value.

The only problem is ArmaLite is really marketing or supporting the pistol well, at least at the moment.

Eaa is made by Tangflinago in Italy desert eagle Israel?

legumeofterror
10-10-10, 22:35
Eaa is made by Tangflinago in Italy desert eagle Israel?

I am faily certain that IWI get alot of the parts for the Jericho from the same people who make EAAs guns.