PDA

View Full Version : is it possible? mil spec stock on commercial tube.

kiki
10-09-10, 18:52
i look this up on here, found many post on mil-spec vs commercial. but did not see a question like this....my buddy is giving me a mil spec magpul stock "free", question.. will it fit a commercial tube tight or it wont go on at all?... i would hate to disassemble (un-stake) and remove tube and buy a mil spec tube...

Blob
10-09-10, 19:42
You might be able to force it on there, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's very likely that you will end up damaging the stock.

usmcvet
10-09-10, 20:13
Sell or trade the stock for one that will fit. A mil spec tube is cheaper LMT's are around $40 cheaper than all of MagPul stocks. Pretty close to the cost of a MOE stock.

Peanut
10-09-10, 20:15
Short answer no..PITA to try and modify and then it still doesn't operate properly.

I know some guys that tried it and they ended up trashing the stock.

If it were me, I'd take the stock and keep it for a future build.

RPD03
10-09-10, 20:24
Although I have seen them forced onto a mil-spec tube, I would not do it. As stated by others, a real PITA. I had one of my guys do it and then trashed the stock and buffer tube trying to seperate them.
Actually changing the buffer tube isn't all that difficult.

GearHead_1
10-09-10, 20:48
It's not any too difficult buy the mil-spec tube.

ForTehNguyen
10-09-10, 20:50
you can buy milspec tubes for $20, just swap it, more stock options open up.

Iraqgunz
10-10-10, 01:05
I watched a guy destroy an LMT SOPMOD stock by beating it onto a Bushmaster commercial tube. Nevermind the fact that he wasn't going to be able to adjust it after he beat it on there.

usmcvet
10-10-10, 07:21
Some times free is not free. I had a friend give me an entertainment center. Our 19" TV looked Damn small in there. I bought a 26" and the wife said it was still too small. We ended up with a 32" TV. :D if you want to use the MagPul stock get a mthe correct tube. One of my guns has a commercial tube and commercial MagPul stock. It works fine for me so I've just left it.

My point is keep things the way they are and sell, trade or save the stock or change the tube out. If you try to make it fit it is gonna cost you a stock and extension.

LMTRocks
10-10-10, 15:03
http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/354.php

These are the tubes I use when building a lower. Milspec stocks fit very solidly with them.