PDA

View Full Version : SHTF Auxillary Training Meet (under construction)

mikeross506
10-09-10, 19:22
It had been discussed previously about holding a training seminar in the area that focused on SHTF scenarios, survival instruction, and first aid. As of now the ball is in motion and curriculum is being set. The location will be a 200+ acre spread the is currently a shooting facility under development in southeastern/central Ohio. Anyone that would be interested in helping to orchestrate this feel free to contact me. I have limited experience in managing something of this magnitude....The date is to be set at a later time but we would like to execute it late summer of 2011.

rsgard
10-11-10, 13:56
For the first aid medical side i would suggest contacting the EMS department at Hocking College in Nelsonville. Hocking College has a full EMS education department with a paramedic program and many of the instructors probably know a few things about wilderness first aid.

mikeross506
10-11-10, 14:09
For the first aid medical side i would suggest contacting the EMS department at Hocking College in Nelsonville. Hocking College has a full EMS education department with a paramedic program and many of the instructors probably know a few things about wilderness first aid.

Absolutely. I was a certified Advanced Combat Lifesaver but I'm expired so I know enough to create my curriculum but I'm going to contact the local paramedics to teach the course. Thanks for the input!

rsgard
10-11-10, 15:24
Im a paramedic and i think it would be a blast to help out, but i could not lead any instruction because im not cert'd to teach anything.

There is guy i work with thats full on wilderness survival, he also a paramedic, and i believe he is qualified to teach several subjects. He comes off kinda wierd because hes all into military stuff but never served, its more that hes proud of his son who a sniper in the army.

mikeross506
10-11-10, 18:34
I could use a skilled survival guy. Someone that could teach a few classes with fluency would be a wonderful asset. As for helping out, it will be held in the vicinity of Zanesville. Is that too far for you to travel?

C4IGrant
10-11-10, 19:04
Let me know if I can help.

C4

rsgard
10-11-10, 19:06
I live in Lancaster so 30 to 40 minutes for me. Ill ask the guy i work with about it. He teaches climbing at a boy scout camp thru the beginning and middle of summer.

mikeross506
10-11-10, 19:09
Will do. I am working on the skeleton plan as we speak. Once I get a strong outline I will get with you to see what we can work out. You would obviously be a huge asset to us.! Thanks

rsgard
10-11-10, 20:24
I am correct in assuming this is a multi-day event? and what size class r you looking for?

mikeross506
10-11-10, 20:50
I am correct in assuming this is a multi-day event? and what size class r you looking for?

It is going to be multi day and the class sizes are to be determined bc of the multitude of stations that will be on a rotating docket. There will be a set amount of time that each class will use and upon the end of the time block students rotate and the instructors start over...like I said it is still under construction.

ducky
10-13-10, 13:41
im in, used to run an ambulance company, let my creds expire but can be there for moral support:D, also am a nra pistol instructor and range safty officer scheduled to get rifle cert. this nov. also took land nav classes and ropes classes at hocking college. i know theres folks on here that can make my creds. look like im a rookie boyscout but i will defenately help were ever you need me. also have equipment that can be of use.

mikeross506
10-13-10, 15:34
im in, used to run an ambulance company, let my creds expire but can be there for moral support:D, also am a nra pistol instructor and range safty officer scheduled to get rifle cert. this nov. also took land nav classes and ropes classes at hocking college. i know theres folks on here that can make my creds. look like im a rookie boyscout but i will defenately help were ever you need me. also have equipment that can be of use.

I'm sure we can use all the safety officers we can get! Equipment will come in handy, as well. The more we save the cheaper we can deliver the event. What do you have available?

ducky
10-15-10, 19:15
i have the basic range gear. shot timer, target stands, idpa targets, pasters, i backpack so i have a full setup of backpacking gear which is also my SHTF bag,can get coolers and other items. i also know alot of people so if theres something you need i may be able to borrow it.

ducky
10-15-10, 19:43
Mike, In addition to firearms, been thinking that water gathering, purifying and storage, food gathering and storage, shelter building, gathering supplies, basic rope skills, command, and communications may be stations worth considering. just throwing some ideas on the table. ive been realy brainstorming about what id do in the situation. i already keep basic gear in my truck and have enough stuff at home to support me for about 72 hours while i establish more preminant solutions

-phil

mikeross506
10-16-10, 08:24
I'm working on setting up a water station that will cover gathering, purification, required intake, etc. As well as, shelter building and other traditional survival skills. As for communications, we are working on a station that covers signaling, morse code, etc. Is there any other signaling skills we can pass on? The rope class I like. Incorporate knot tying, river crossing, basic rappel...

mikeross506
10-16-10, 08:28
i have the basic range gear. shot timer, target stands, idpa targets, pasters, i backpack so i have a full setup of backpacking gear which is also my SHTF bag,can get coolers and other items. i also know alot of people so if theres something you need i may be able to borrow it.

PM on the way.