PDA

View Full Version : Belts?

Ak44
10-09-10, 22:22
Who makes stiff everyday wear belts with little to no wait time? I'm getting impatient waiting on my Ares Gear ranger belt to come and I need something else to hold my pants up haha. I'm looking at Wilderness Tactical belts right now, just wondering what everyone else wears.

oef24
10-09-10, 22:25
I have an Ares and many others. Most of the time, I keep coming back to my Specter Gear LRB. The main reason I bought it was because it was the only belt I could find in brown. It is priced right and shipped fast. It has held up and feel better to me than the Wilderness.

http://www.spectergear.com/lrb.htm

O

fivefivesix
10-09-10, 22:46
i have to agree with the specter belt. i had a very profesional m4c member recomend it to me, and i beleive he serves in the armed forces. its inexpensive ships fast and is built like an abrams tank

GotAmmo
10-09-10, 23:15
i've had my ares for a week or 2 and i think i will never go back to any other type.. im gunna order another in a diff color...

too bad i cant recommend any other brand

Kentucky Cop
10-10-10, 00:16
You should check out the "gear load out picture thread" for ideas. There is a few belts in there.

KC

cobb
10-10-10, 01:40
I used a Galco leather belt for about 2.5 years and was very happy with it, till it got caught in a house fire. I carried a G-19 and a G2Z and had little to no wear. I have been using a Wilderness since it works pretty good, I'm just not in love with it. I will get another Galco when I decide on light and mag carrier that works for me.

Ak44
10-10-10, 01:45
I put in an order for a Ares Ranger Belt, and my belt now just won't hold up anymore like it use to. I just hope the Ares belt fits so I don't have to send it back and reorder a different size haha. Thanks for the advice, I may just end up getting a specter belt.

rob_s
10-10-10, 06:56
I still find the Wilderness belts to be the standard. I'd like for them to do a 1.5" with Cobra buckle.

CyberM4
10-10-10, 11:04
I still find the Wilderness belts to be the standard. I'd like for them to do a 1.5" with Cobra buckle.

The Cobra would be nice. I got my Wilderness in a weeks time. I have the 5 stitch. Holds my HK 45 in a Comp Tac Paddle or Raven Phantom. Plus raven dual mag holder. Wearing this belt while typing this.

Tzoid
10-10-10, 18:11
I have 2 Specter Gear Last Resort Belts... a single and a double thickness. I wish they made them in 1.5" width. I just bought a Beltman leather 1.5 gun belt from Topgun supply and it seems really nice and he has them in stock.

The Ares Gear Ranger belts look nice but 80 bucks and 6-8 weeks seems a little extreme for a web belt and Cobra buckle. :rolleyes:

Ak44
10-10-10, 18:46
The Ares Gear Ranger belts look nice but 80 bucks and 6-8 weeks seems a little extreme for a web belt and Cobra buckle. :rolleyes:

That's what I'm thinking, but your talking to a guy who waited 14months and 14days for a SA PRO haha

Failure2Stop
10-10-10, 19:06
For an every day wear belt i.e.: hold your pants up and your pistol and mags, I like The Wilderness Instructor Belt:
http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinnacle/index.php?p=product&id=2309&parent=142
Be sure to size the belt as instructed on the website, and size with your pistol on.

For a load bearing belt or inner belt for a Molle/Pals sleeve/overbelt I like the Specter 2" Duty Belts.

Ak44
10-10-10, 19:11
F2S thanks, have you tried their Titanium instructor belts?

ST911
10-10-10, 19:47
I like a discreet appearance, and prefer a standard looking leather belt. I've been wearing the Filson 1-1/2" double thick belt for a few years, and my original one still looks new. Excellent belt.

http://www.filson.com/products/1-1-2-double-belt.63215.html?fromCat=true&fvalsProduct=mens/accessories&fmetaProduct=1011

When I don't mind the riggers belt look, Wilderness is GTG.

Chameleox
10-10-10, 20:29
Been wearing a CSM TSA belt for a while. No complaints; it holds up well, carries a gun and gear easily, little to no wait time, and is modestly priced.
A little obvious, though.
http://www.csmgear.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=tsabelt&cat=4&page=1&search=&since=&status=

YVK
10-10-10, 20:31
F2S thanks, have you tried their Titanium instructor belts?

Not F2S, but I've had one of those for 4 years and it works like advertised. Titanium buckle is very subdued and I like the look a lot.

My only issue with Wilderness is loss of "real estate" due to to fold-over design - can't carry much of anything on velcro side. That's the primary reason I prefer Ares. I do carry a lot of stuff on my belt - cellphone, pager, small fixed blade, spare mag and holster, all positioned between 9 pm and 4 pm out front.

Ak44
10-10-10, 21:14
YVK thanks for the input, this is just a regular belt I'll be wearing to hold my pants up. If I'm not carrying, I don't put anything on my belt. I keep everything in my pockets.

buzby
10-10-10, 21:15
+1 for wilderness

i've worn the same wilderness 5 stitch belt almost every single day for the last 3 years or so, and it's still completely serviceable.

it's my;
gun belt
work belt
combat utility uniform belt
and everything other than dress belt

YVK
10-10-10, 22:37
YVK thanks for the input, this is just a regular belt I'll be wearing to hold my pants up. If I'm not carrying, I don't put anything on my belt. I keep everything in my pockets.

It is a great belt then. I like an ability to adjust it vs. regular leather or synthetic belts with fixed holes, it holds up well to wear, the support is great and Ti buckle is so neutral - it goes well with khaki, denim etc.

VolGrad
10-13-10, 06:50
Wilderness Tactical
A&G Custom Gun Leather
The Beltman
TT Gun Leather

Mark71
10-13-10, 09:08
I have been very happy with my Wilderness Tactical belt. I have been using it for about 4 years now with zero issues. For leather, I really like Beltman.

ehcarl2983
10-13-10, 09:32
+1 for the wilderness, I have the 5 stitch model and I love it!

Icculus
10-13-10, 09:51
Don't want to stray this thread too far but I'm in a similar situation as the OP; needing a sturdy new belt on a short wait. I like the recommendations of both the Wilderness and the Specter Gear. My question I guess is, do you guys do your best to standardize your belt size (width) if you have multiple or do you just use adjustable Tek-Lok's on all your support gear? Right now I have a couple of belts--one 1.75 that is so-so and a 1.5 that is only marginally up the task of carrying pistol and mag holsters. Problem is most of my current support gear was ordered with 1.5in clips and is problematic when wearing the 1.75in belt. Do most 1.75in clips (say this type for example http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=81) work ok with a 1.5in belt or is there too much movement?

SW-Shooter
10-13-10, 15:59
I've been happy using the 5.11 Tactical belts. There sizing works better if you are in between standard sizing.

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/All-Products/Accessories/Belts/D/30000/P/1:100:50000:50800:50806

matemike
10-13-10, 19:38
Why not much talk about The Belt Man?

I've heard nothing but good reviews on those, and I was very impressed with the two I have tried on.
Pricey though.

Icculus
10-13-10, 20:52
Why not much talk about The Belt Man?

I've heard nothing but good reviews on those, and I was very impressed with the two I have tried on.
Pricey though.

I've heard good things about the Belt Man also but the op specified little to no wait time and Belt man site says orders take about 30 days

Tzoid
10-13-10, 20:57
TopGun Supply has them in stock in black...
I just got one last week.... 2 days shipping

http://www.topgunsupply.com/leather-gun-belts/

tuck
10-14-10, 00:44
I've been wearing a Blackhawk instructors belt for awhile now. I really like the unlimited adjustment the velcro offers. It also supports a full size pistol quiet well.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Instructors-Gun-Belt,96,1384.htm

M4Fundi
10-14-10, 03:46
Wildeness 5 stitch and a custom hand tooled leather belt.

Moose-Knuckle
10-14-10, 13:51
I recently switched over to a rigger belt full time as I never tuck my shirts in since I CC IWB. I just got a TT rigger and can't be happier. You can't go wrong with Original SOE either.