PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say thanks....

C4IGrant
07-18-07, 17:31
I am currently at a S&W Urban Rifle class that is being held at a large Metro PD's range. One of their senior instructors told me today that "who ever trained me on the AR, did a very good job."

So I thought I would say thank you too the two instructors that have taught me the most.

Pat Rogers and Larry Vickers.

Keep up the good work gentlemen.

C4

M4arc
07-18-07, 17:38
I am currently at a S&W Urban Rifle class that is being held at a large Metro PD's range. One of their senior instructors told me today that "who ever trained me on the AR, did a very good job."

So I thought I would say thank you to the two instructors that have taught me the most.

Pat Rogers and Larry Vickers.

Keep up the good work gentlemen.

C4

I knew that when Pat and Larry "trained" you to clean their ARs it would pay off one day!

:D :p

j/k

Pat_Rogers
07-18-07, 18:59
Thank you Grant- i appreciate that.

M4arc- in reality Mike Hueser cleans my carbine about once a year, or when it gets too dirty to handle. That is a good thing, because i sure don't clean it...

C4IGrant
07-18-07, 20:23
I knew that when Pat and Larry "trained" you to clean their ARs it would pay off one day!

:D :p

j/k

Good one. :D

C4

C4IGrant
07-18-07, 20:24
Thank you Grant- i appreciate that.

M4arc- in reality Mike Hueser cleans my carbine about once a year, or when it gets too dirty to handle. That is a good thing, because i sure don't clean it...

You are welcome Sir.

C4

Submariner
07-19-07, 02:29
Pat and Mr. Vickers taught you how to run a carbine. May I suggest a class with Dean Caputo to learn what makes it run to complete the learning experience? I suspect even you would walk away having learned a thing or two from Dean.;)

C4IGrant
07-19-07, 06:06
Pat and Mr. Vickers taught you how to run a carbine. May I suggest a class with Dean Caputo to learn what makes it run to complete the learning experience? I suspect even you would walk away having learned a thing or two from Dean.;)

A class with Dean is on my list.

C4

Pat_Rogers
07-19-07, 06:49
I would strongly suggest that people take Deans class. The amount of information passed on is staggering. Sacred cows are slain. Myths debunked, and ways to keep the gun running abound.
It certainly make my life easier when an agency/ group hits Dean's class on the way to mine.

rob_s
07-19-07, 07:02
Does anyone know how far Dean travels, or what his schedule is or how to contact him?

We have developed a bit of a grouping of black rifle shooters with our matches down here and I'd love to get him down our way, or at the very least travel to one of his classes if he's ever in Florida.

Pat_Rogers
07-19-07, 07:08
Dean has a full time job as a Detective Sgt and part time one as a Colt Armorer Instructor, so his classes are limited.
In general i try to hook him into those classes on my sched for admin issues.
He requires an A/V capable classroom and a minimum # of students.

deancaputo@hotmail.com

rob_s
07-19-07, 08:10
Thanks Pat.

just as a note, you may want to change his email address to read something like
deancaputo AT hotmail DOT com

there are programs that scan forums like these in order to get email addresses to spam.

Larry Vickers
07-23-07, 13:10
Grant

Thanx for the compliment and you are welcome- I have been out of town doing training and have not had a chance to respond until now

Cheers

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com