PDA

View Full Version : International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Conference

rob_s
10-10-10, 13:42
Anyone going? I'm going to be there Monday and Tuesday covering the show for Harris Publications.

http://www.theiacpconference.org/iacp2010/public/enter.aspx

I'm not going for any of the meetings or presentations, I'm going to walk the trade show floor and see if there's anything interesting.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-10-10, 20:22
I get leery of anything that starts with "International" that isn't followed by "Harvester", "House of Pancakes" or "Tropicana Suntan Bikini Model Competition". What is the show about?

M4Fundi
10-10-10, 21:01
I get leery of anything that starts with "International" that isn't followed by "Harvester", "House of Pancakes" or "Tropicana Suntan Bikini Model Competition". What is the show about?

LOL...;) I couldn't have said it better.

ST911
10-10-10, 21:24
What is the show about?

Annual gathering of the largest fraternal organization of senior LE executives. Speakers and presentations, panel discussions, lobbying, a trade show, and related activities. Not to mention drinking, elbow rubbing, carousing.

IACP leans left and is anti-gun. They do some good things, drive some good research and programming, but they also have a hearty case of HUA at times as well.

rob_s
10-11-10, 05:59
but they also have a hearty case of HUA at times as well.

I suspect this is true of any management-centric organization. :sarcastic:

I'm just going to check out the trade-show portion and hopefully reconnect with a few vendors and manufacturers. Hopefully they don't lynch me for not being one of them.

jklaughrey
10-11-10, 07:57
I know for one our Sheriff won't be attending nor the city Chief. It is an election year and the Sheriff is on his soap box, funny thing the Chief of PD is helping him with his re-election.

One hand washing the other I suppose.

Have fun Rob, let us know of any goodies or nuggets you may find.

Spiffums
10-11-10, 08:32
Like they say Else Where........ Do Talk To The Police!!! You might have a hard time not doing that though........:sarcastic:

Von Rheydt
10-26-10, 16:43
Went today, a good day out I was hoping to go again tomorrow but I have to be elsewhere. I had intersting and personally informative chats with some of the Feds. I met some of the manufacturers and got to handle some items that I had only ever seen in print whilst living in Euro-land.

I finally got a hands on with the SCAR. Handled Rugers and S&W's M4 offerings. Played with some thermal optics. Cruised the Glock stand, which was conveniently (to the annoyance of both parties) next to the Sig stand. The Sig 1911 looks good and feels nice in dry fire mode (Ok, so I got a hat and a pin but its still nice). And, I checked out the Vertx pants.........I shall be getting some, they are nice, but I still don't like leg pockets and could live without.

I was told no cameras were allowed so I left my big one at home and smuggled in a small digi. I should have taken the big one - with the amount of cameras around the place no-one would have noticed.