PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't someone proposed an anti-AWB bill?

Skyyr
10-10-10, 19:14
Seriously, there's enough "really, really pro gun" senators out there (not too many, but enough) and with the NRA backing them, there's no reason they couldn't start and hopefully pass a bill blocking the passing of future assault weapon bans based on cosmetics and/or inconsequential functionality.

Why hasn't this been more discussed and/or proposed in Congress? Or has it?

Mods: I assumed this was off-topic enough from the mainstream "AWB" threads to deserve it's own topic. If not, my apologies. Just a heads up that I did give it consideration before posting.

BrianS
10-10-10, 20:39
Any act of Congress would be superseded by any other act (new AWB for instance), so it wouldn't be any use. What we really need is a Constitutional Amendment guaranteeing the right to keep and bear arms.

;)

When it comes to Congress passing laws I would rather see the "sporting purpose" and other unilateral decision making authority of the ATF and Attorney General redefined and removed.

Belmont31R
10-10-10, 20:42
Any act of Congress would be superseded by any other act (new AWB for instance), so it wouldn't be any use. I would rather see the "sporting purpose" and other unilateral authority of the ATF and Attorney General severely reduced.

That and there are way more important items to use political capital on right now.

For the time being the courts are our best bet, and esp with the last two SCOTUS rulings now is the time to get scutiny and restrictions established. Then it wouldn't really matter what Congress did if there is already a SCOTUS ruling saying AR15's are cool with full capacity magazines.