PDA

View Full Version : LWRC Enhaced Combat Bolt?

payj
10-10-10, 19:25
Anyone use one? Heard anything good about them? Do you think it would be worth while buying one? And I guess more importantly can you use it in any rifle or do you need to change is it proprietory to some irregular set-up one would need to get first?

thx

payj
10-10-10, 22:17
anyone?

JR TACTICAL
10-10-10, 22:26
what makes the bolt "enhanced" there is alot of companies out there that say their products are "enhanced" but they are really nothing special

payj
10-10-10, 22:51
http://www.lwrci.com/p-195-556-advanced-combat-bolt.aspx

Beyond what that says I have no idea. I suppose that's why I am asking......Oh and I guess they call it "advanced"

JR TACTICAL
10-10-10, 23:15
from what the sight says I would steer clear of it. the extra springs and the cuts and blah blah means nothing to me.

They shot peen the bolts but nowhere on there did it say that the HPT and MPI their bolts, go with a milspec blot that is HPT and MPI and I promise you will have no problems with it

jbsmwd
10-11-10, 00:12
Disclaimer: I have not seen either one of these bolts: LMT Enhanced Bolt Assembly or the LWRC Advanced Combat Bolt (ACB).

But I have been looking into both of these bolts. I called up LWRC and asked if was in fact able to be used in a DI gun, yes and it has FailZero coating on it. The LWRC ACB is good for 20,000 rounds and recommend that the extractor springs be replaced every 10,000 rounds as a PM but is not needed. The springs cost $8.00 for 4 springs. I was also told the bolt would last the life of the barrel since it is made out of ‘’a super-alloy that is typically reserved for auto racing transmissions to take extreme loads without failure”. But it is not stated what type of steel that is. I ASS-ume that it is the same 9310 alloy steel that AR Performance uses for their bolts, but I forgot to ask about that. Here is the link about LWRC talking about the extractor springs http://forum.lwrci.com/newforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8136
I can not find the link about the bolt life being the same as the barrel life.

I have not called LMT about the Enhanced Bolt Assembly but there bolt is very similar in design. I have no ideas who came first LMT or LWRC with this different bolt. LMT website description is lacking

“5.56 enhanced bolt assembly. Our enhanced bolts have a more resilient coating and stronger heat treat, as well as the cartridge case being fully supported by the bolt face.”
http://www.lmtstore.com/bolts-carriers-groups/556-enhanced-bolt-assembly.html

Looking at the poor picture that they post on their website they both look VERY similar.

Neither LMT nor LWRC say anything about HPT /MPI. I guess I need to call LMT and ask them some questions.

payj
10-11-10, 00:28
Cool thanks for the info. I thought the LMT was designed for short barreled rifles for over gassing as it helps with too much gas in those systems?

Also, is the lwrc like the kac e3 or are they totally different?

Magic_Salad0892
10-11-10, 00:29
I've used both the LMT and LWRCi ACB.

The LWRCi is good to go, IMO. But I'd rather have the LMT, for two reasons:

LMT has been doing it longer, and makes the best non-KAC AR bolts available.
LMT did it first.
I think they may be cheaper.

jbsmwd
10-11-10, 00:43
I've used both the LMT and LWRCi ACB.

The LWRCi is good to go, IMO. But I'd rather have the LMT, for two reasons:

LMT has been doing it longer, and makes the best non-KAC AR bolts available.
LMT did it first.
I think they may be cheaper.

I think it's $5.00 between the two.

Magic_Salad0892
10-11-10, 00:49
That's a few more rounds of 5.56 practice ammo.

Thomas M-4
10-11-10, 07:39
Bill Alexander has an excellent post on the LMT Enhanced BCG.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=3379
Post #12

LMT has been out longer than LWRC.

payj
10-11-10, 12:53
Good read Thomas. It sounds like the Lmt enhanced carrier is designed for the short carbine rifles and the bolt ITSELF is a good addition to ANY rifle due to its design?

Thx

Thomas M-4
10-11-10, 13:05
Good read Thomas. It sounds like the Lmt enhanced carrier is designed for the short carbine rifles and the bolt ITSELF is a good addition to ANY rifle due to its design?

Thx

Yes that's how I took it.