PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a streamlight flashlight for my AR15

sigman69
10-10-10, 22:59
Hello, I can get good prices on streamlight flashlights, What I want to accomplish is use one of them in a VTAC mount on my MOE handguard. Here are the prices and let me know what you think would go with that VTAC mount or if there is a better mount what is it?

STREAMLIGHT FLASHLIGHT SCORPION, XENON LAMP, VARIABLE FOCUS, 2 - 3 VOLT LITHIUM BATTERIES, RUBBER ARMORED SLEEVE, TAIL CAP SWITCH
$29.75

STLT POLYTAC LED 20LUMEN BLK
$30.99

STREAMLIGHT 88102 FLASHLIGHT TACTICAL/NIGHTFIGHTER, 2 LITHIUM BATTERIES, XENON BULB, ADJUSTABLE BEAM, AIRCRAFT ALUMINUM, TAIL CAP MOMENTARY PUSH BUTTON, BLACK
$31.90

SLT SCORPION LED LIGHT W/BATT
STREAMLIGHT FLASHLIGHT SCORPION C4 TECHNOLOGY, 2X BRIGHTER THAN A SUPER LUX LED WITH BATTERIES
$38.99

SLT TACTICAL LUXEON LED
STREAMLIGHT 88105 FLASHLIGHT TACTICAL/NIGHTFIGHTER LED, LUXEON SUPERBRIGHT LED, 2 LITHIUM BATTERIES (INDLUDED) ADJUSTABLE BEAM, TAIL CAP SWITCH, BLACK
$53.99

Thanks,
John

JR TACTICAL
10-10-10, 23:08
Hey man I run a black Polytac in a DD offset flashlight mount and the light is fantastic. It is super bright and I have even converted some cop buddies of mine who were strickly surefire guys to the polytac

just FYI they work great and are a great price

oh and the battery life is great as well especially in the LED, I have owned bolth and the LED is the way to go

Black Jeep
10-10-10, 23:19
I have a streamlight polytac and it suits my purposes just fine. From what I understand, it should work in mounts designed for Surefire G2's. I've been considering this mount (http://www.skdtac.com/Vltor_Scout_Light_Mount_p/vlt.113.htm) to use.

I'm just a lowly civilian, so I don't need one for work or duty. I have had to use it while tinkering on cars/trucks or my harley in the dark and it gives out a good amount of light to work by.

Gentoo
10-13-10, 01:10
Why not a TLR-1?

I have 2, and am very happy with them.

Airhog
10-13-10, 23:23
Just ordered one of each the other day, both Poly. Should have them in 2 days. I considered the streamlight but when I saw this I could not resist. I also ordered the VTAC mount. Should have it all mounted as soon as it gets here. http://www.surefire.com/G2X6PXCampaign

Moose-Knuckle
10-14-10, 13:40
Why not a TLR-1?

I have 2, and am very happy with them.

I use to run one on my Colt.