PDA

View Full Version : Finally ready!

shark31
07-19-07, 08:05
My PAI Surgeon is ready to pick up, I can't wait to shoot it this weekend!
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/shark3-1/IMG_2670_copy1.jpg

Bcm3087
07-23-07, 16:12
Beautiful! Please post specs and groups when you get a chance.

shark31
07-23-07, 16:54
Thanks,

with me shooting it, it gets 1/2 MOA with FGMM 175Gr. I am just getting into longrange precision shooting. The USO should be here in about a month. For now, here's a pic of it with temporary Mark 4 glass.
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/shark3-1/G36019.jpg

Specs for the PAI build:
Surgeon action
Broughton 5C 22" .308 tube
AAC 7.62-SD
Badger DBM
McMillan A5
USO SN-3 17x w/ PCMOA reticle and 1/4MOA EREK and windage (Green lit reticle)

I thought I was doing pretty well on a flat static range untill I started shooting on a decline and incline................I have a lot to learn:( .

bradb55
07-23-07, 19:45
When can I come play?:p

shark31
09-24-07, 09:03
After break in, I am very satisfied with the prformance:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/shark3-1/SouthDakota031.jpg

.407"-.308"= .099 MOA 3 shot group. The rifle will do this every time with decent ammo. I took it out to 400 yds while I was camping this weekend and shot a .75" 3 shot group with the same Hornady TAP ammo. Now I really need to take a class or two, does anyone know of any good classes in the Southeast?

tinman44
09-24-07, 21:37
Now I really need to take a class or two, does anyone know of any good classes in the Southeast?

it would be helpful if you edited your profile to show city and or state

shark31
09-24-07, 22:44
it would be helpful if you edited your profile to show city and or state

Atlanta area would be great, but anywhere in the southeast would suffice.

Hootiewho
09-26-07, 19:20
There is plenty of knowledge at Gunsite Hills near Lexington Ga. They have a shoot there once a month.

By the way, are you the one over on silencertest that had a problem with bad grouping when you put the 762SD on?

Nice Stick.

shark31
09-27-07, 08:06
No, That was someone elses 700 based A4 stocked rifle that had that problem, and AAC resolved that problem very quickly. I am in the process of getting my 7.62-SD rebuilt to 2007 specs right now, so all I have to shoot on it is my buddies '05 7.62-SD.

I definitely plan on getting up to Gunsite in the next two weeks when my USO gets here (finally).

The guys at AAC have been nothing but helpful and I even won a can from them in their photo contest on Silencertalk.com.

Hootiewho
09-27-07, 11:07
I have a 762SD 07 and have yet to shoot it on a .308. I picked mine up at the June silencertest shoot and I don't know if you remember seeing the pic's of it on silencertalk, but it was the one that was full of salt from the finishing process they did. The cleaned it up for me, thank god cause it was a mess. I still am worried about the jet milled into my blast baffle as it looks like the tooling might have chattered or slipped when they made it. I hope it doesn't affect accuracy any.

I just got the call that my Surgeon XL action should be ready next week and I can't wait to get that stick together. Now I need a .338 LM can

It never ends

shark31
09-28-07, 08:01
I have a 762SD 07 and have yet to shoot it on a .308. I picked mine up at the June silencertest shoot and I don't know if you remember seeing the pic's of it on silencertalk, but it was the one that was full of salt from the finishing process they did. The cleaned it up for me, thank god cause it was a mess. I still am worried about the jet milled into my blast baffle as it looks like the tooling might have chattered or slipped when they made it. I hope it doesn't affect accuracy any.

I just got the call that my Surgeon XL action should be ready next week and I can't wait to get that stick together. Now I need a .338 LM can
It never ends

What are you gonna get? The Titan is the quietest centerfire can I've heard, but I've also heard good stuff about the Surefire.

Hootiewho
09-28-07, 09:58
I am not sure yet. I had been looking at the Ops 12th Model for a while. I spoke with one of the weapons developers at Remington Military and he highly recommended that particular suppressor. He said they had tried cans from all manufacturers, including AAC, and went with the 12th model. Now granted, it probably will be nowhere near as quiet as the Titan, I heard it at the June Suppressor shoot and was amazed, the 12th is considerible cheaper than the comparable Titan with a muzzle brake mount. I got quoted about $1200 for a 12th. I am really anxious to find out more info on the Surefire can, as I think their muzzle brake looks awesome on a rifle. I know J. Joplin had some time with one and I have been talking to a guy over on snipershide who's got one waiting for form 4 approval. I may go that route? I just don't like the whole 2" of can the the Titan is and would prefer something smaller diameter.

The Tan rifle in the case is what I am going for with my Surgeon
http://www.pgwdti.com/id5.htm