PDA

View Full Version : Glock or M&P for RDS gun?

Lucky Strike
10-11-10, 14:56
I've got the itch to get a semi auto with a MRDS milled into the slide. Seems like it'd make for a fun range toy or competition gun. Maybe use it as a self defense weapon if I find myself feeling comfortable enough with the setup.

Seems like the Glock and M&P are the two most used handguns for this that I've seen.

I haven't had any real time shooting either of these in their full size 9mm varieties. I plan on renting/borrowing friends guns of both makes and their various variants to find out which one works best for me as a handgun (I'm a P30 & XD owner).

What I'd like to know though is do either of these platforms offer an advantage over the other when only considering the MRDS aspect?

That's the type of thing I can't really determine by renting/shooting either gun at the range.

It seems like there wouldn't be much to differentiate them when considering having a MRDS but I just thought i'd ask.

Trvlngnrs
10-11-10, 17:56
I've got an M&P 9c at David Bowie's right now getting milled for a red dot. I also have a G19 in my safe.

I went with the M&P because I shoot it better than the Glock. I think this is the #1 criteria. If you don't have one (or either) go to a gun range and rent them to see if one fit's you better....then get that one milled.

C4IGrant
10-11-10, 18:05
Shoot each gun first and then decide which works best for you.

C4

BWW
10-11-10, 19:44
Grant, I've read your partial to the dual rmr. Have you tried the led yet ? or what about the deltapoint ? Sorry for the high jack but, your opinions carry weight here. Thanks Brad

C4IGrant
10-11-10, 19:54
Grant, I've read your partial to the dual rmr. Have you tried the led yet ? or what about the deltapoint ? Sorry for the high jack but, your opinions carry weight here. Thanks Brad

As a Trijicon Distr, I try all their products. Their LED RMR is the best of it's kind on the market.

I like the dual illuminated model because it is bomb proof.

C4

BWW
10-11-10, 20:19
Thanks for the reply Mr. Timberlake, alot of the mrds info is scattered thru several threads. Brad

theblackknight
10-11-10, 20:36
youll prob find that the M&P feels better in your hand. Make sure you try the different backstraps too.I shot with the medium for 3 months before trying the large and realizing I shot better with it.

Lucky Strike
10-12-10, 14:00
ok sounds like there is no difference between the two as far as working better in conjuction with a MRDS.

This is good as now i can just concentrate on which i shoot better with.