PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on FNP

C-grunt
10-11-10, 21:53
Im really considering buying an FNP-9. I like the way it feels in my hand and the trigger is decent. Any reason not to buy one?

ShipWreck
10-11-10, 22:06
I have owned one before - I have mixed feelings about them. Routinely, one must leave the slide locked back for a week or so,a nd also hand cycle it a lot to get them to work on the first or 2nd trip out.

also, their magazine springs on the 9mm versions suck. I had to get mags replaced, and I've seen others comment on the same issue... They don't always lock the slide back, and there is no aftermarket mag spring. The day there is, I may reconsider getting one.

I honestly do not know if the FNX has this mag spring issue.

It is an accurate gun. I no longer have mine, but the mag spring thing keeps me from buying another one.

1_click_off
10-11-10, 22:47
I was looking at them until the decock would not work. Pulled the slide off and the polymer holding the fire control group/trigger assembly in place was cracked and on closer examination did not appear to have as much mass on where I would consider critical points as the other brands we had broken down on the dealer's counter. I am sure this was a one in a........ and FN would have exchanged it out, but it kept me from adding one to my collection.